H80 / H80i / H90 / H100 / H100i / H110 Case Compatibility Thread (Page 1 for full listings) - Page 48 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

H80 / H80i / H90 / H100 / H100i / H110 Case Compatibility Thread (Page 1 for full listings)

post #471 of 1518 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 10 (Unique: 8)
If it helps anyone, I tested H100 with Antec P280.

Fits the top case but only push or slim profile fans for p/p.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #472 of 1518 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 06:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
Hello there, last post 2 weeks ago, oh my.... Ok i need some guidance about installing a H100 on a Thermaltake V9, does anyone know if it is possible?. Thanks in advance.
post #473 of 1518 (permalink) Old 09-09-2012, 03:36 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 87 (Unique: 80)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianUshuaia View Post

Hello there, last post 2 weeks ago, oh my.... Ok i need some guidance about installing a H100 on a Thermaltake V9, does anyone know if it is possible?. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately I don't think it will fit.

You only have the one 230mm fan mount up top which is raised from the rest of the case, so you won't fit the rad plus 2 fans up there.

There isn't any other place to mount it. If you insisted on having a H100 then it is going to to take some mega modding!

There's no such thing as a stupid question..... Only stupid answers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #474 of 1518 (permalink) Old 09-09-2012, 03:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyd893 View Post

Unfortunately I don't think it will fit.
You only have the one 230mm fan mount up top which is raised from the rest of the case, so you won't fit the rad plus 2 fans up there.
There isn't any other place to mount it. If you insisted on having a H100 then it is going to to take some mega modding!

Ty, I figured out I won't be getting the H100. thumb.gif
post #475 of 1518 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 12:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Ladies and gentlemen. I present to you, a Corsair H-100 fitted to a FRACTAL R4 without a single bit of modding. Ok... so I had to remove a few things, BUT.... it fits in push or push/pull.

Apologies for the absolute messy wiring, just wanted to show a piccy when I installed the cooler smile.gif

Temps-

ALL fans on 5v. Pump on full speed. Overclocked i7-920 @ 3.8ghz - 28-33C idle 49-51C 45min prime.
post #476 of 1518 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 06:49 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Was wondering if you needed to know about front mounted radiators because I have a Fractal Define R4 with an H-60 mounted in the front in a push pull config without modding except removing a few item via screws? I could provide pictures if needed.
post #477 of 1518 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 87 (Unique: 80)
Thanks Coomber! Your linked on the OP now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malign View Post

Was wondering if you needed to know about front mounted radiators because I have a Fractal Define R4 with an H-60 mounted in the front in a push pull config without modding except removing a few item via screws? I could provide pictures if needed.

All entries welcome mate, pics would be nice yes!

There's no such thing as a stupid question..... Only stupid answers!
post #478 of 1518 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 01:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Is it possible to fit two H80's inside of a Define Mini. One in the front and one in the roof preferably. Also, would you still have room for another intake in the front and exhaust in the back?
post #479 of 1518 (permalink) Old 09-29-2012, 11:25 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Ok here are some picture of installing h-60 to the front of Fractal Design Define R4. First off, you need to remove the top 5 bay hdd bay and then the tracks that hold them in place via 4 screws in each top and bottom. The top one must be unscrewed from inside the 5 and 1/4 drive bays and you would need a short phillips screw driver.

Then you should remove the front fans and take some (2) old 120mm fans and gut them out to make your shroud (added airflow thru radiator and shortens distance to motherboard for hoses.) I also left the 140mm fan that came with the case as a bottom front intake. You should bring a h-60 screw for fan mount to local hardware store and buy 8 screws of the same thread type but long enough to go through 2 fans instead of one with enough room to screw into radiator. Put fan first, then shroud, then radiator, then other shroud, then last fan. you can screw it right to the fan mounting holes on the fan holder cage. I would suggest seeing if they have flush screwheads for the fact that the round ones put a little bow in the filter. I made the mistake and got the round heads. Going to check later if they carry flathead so it sits more flush.

Here you notice that the pump is sitting lower than the radiator to allow any bubbles to work its way to the top of the radiator to sit there.

Here is what it will look like when it is finished. The way the picture is taken, you can't see that there is room over the memory (about 2") from the tubes to be able to swap out sticks if need be when and if the time arises. I do not think that the H-80 will fit due to shorter hoses than the h-60 and h-100 (could be wrong,can't find any facts on this yet). Any questions, just ask. It took me 3 and a half month of heavy research to find a case compatible with this set up. Think of a car and its radiator and engine setup. The radiator sits in front of the engine...

post #480 of 1518 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 02:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Ok so I'm struggling trying to fit the h100 into my define mini. I've removed the hdd cages but the screws don't line up. I'm using the corsair fans that came with the h100. Not sure if I need to brake off the clips that hold the fans in but if I do that how do I keep the fans in there? Any help is appreciated.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in