H80 / H80i / H90 / H100 / H100i / H110 Case Compatibility Thread (Page 1 for full listings) - Page 55 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

H80 / H80i / H90 / H100 / H100i / H110 Case Compatibility Thread (Page 1 for full listings)

post #541 of 1518 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 02:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 78 (Unique: 68)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drserk View Post

Hi
My h80i came today. i have a problem with backplate to mount back side of asus P8Z77V DELUXE motherboard. Problem is about backplate loose. i mount all screws but backplate is still loose. So i have to add washers between backplate and motherboard. Now it isnot loose anymore. is there anybody who had a problem like mine?

It's supposed to be that way because the front bracket screws pull the back bracket together. My concern is you added washers which could cause a short. You also leave the plastic on the backplate too for insulation. The idea is the bracket mounting system won't touch the mobo other than the water block itself.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." ~ Ben Franklin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 1518 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 05:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUpgrade View Post

It's supposed to be that way because the front bracket screws pull the back bracket together. My concern is you added washers which could cause a short. You also leave the plastic on the backplate too for insulation. The idea is the bracket mounting system won't touch the mobo other than the water block itself.
Thank you!!! I finally installed the intel backplate but wasn't sure whether or not to keep the plastic on... phew

zGunBLADEz here it is
Thermaltake chaser mk-i case... it's my first build so I had a bit of a tough time with it, lol

post #543 of 1518 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 11:35 PM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #544 of 1518 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 03:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 10)
Thanks for the helpful thread, are you going to add H110 to the list when it is released?

post #545 of 1518 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 87 (Unique: 80)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskerz View Post

Thanks for the helpful thread, are you going to add H110 to the list when it is released?

Yes I will!

There's no such thing as a stupid question..... Only stupid answers!
post #546 of 1518 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 06:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

New member here. Long time avid builder but new to doing push pull with closed loop water coolers. A few questions....

Getting an H100i and I ordered 2 sets of SP120 Performance fans. On the Corsair 500R which I just received, I can mount 2 intake fans on the top of the case and then the radiator. My question is, will I have enough room to also mount the 2 other fans in the interior? I have observed this thread here and it shows 3 separate push pull configs for the h100i and the Corsair 500R case. I just want to know what fans were used since the SP120's are 120mm fans and I want to make sure I will have the clearance on the case. I don't have bulky RAM dimms with huge heatsinks, only these here....

Room in this regard isn't an issue so I just want to get some direct input from anyone who has done this type of setup with a 500R. Thanks in advance.
post #547 of 1518 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 06:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 78 (Unique: 68)
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidmetal14 View Post

New member here. Long time avid builder but new to doing push pull with closed loop water coolers. A few questions....

Getting an H100i and I ordered 2 sets of SP120 Performance fans. On the Corsair 500R which I just received, I can mount 2 intake fans on the top of the case and then the radiator. My question is, will I have enough room to also mount the 2 other fans in the interior? I have observed this thread here and it shows 3 separate push pull configs for the h100i and the Corsair 500R case. I just want to know what fans were used since the SP120's are 120mm fans and I want to make sure I will have the clearance on the case. I don't have bulky RAM dimms with huge heatsinks, only these here....
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Room in this regard isn't an issue so I just want to get some direct input from anyone who has done this type of setup with a 500R. Thanks in advance.

Shouldn't be an issue touching your ram. Keep in mind the H100i rad and fans are 50mm (about 2 inches), so just add another 25mm (size of a fan, about 3 inches total) to see if you have enough clearance to do push/pull. I think you'll have enough room because with the 500R it has the area above the 'inside' for you to mount your pull fans. Should have plenty of room to mount the rad and internal push fans I would think.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." ~ Ben Franklin

post #548 of 1518 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 06:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUpgrade View Post

Shouldn't be an issue touching your ram. Keep in mind the H100i rad and fans are 50mm (about 2 inches), so just add another 25mm (size of a fan, about 3 inches total) to see if you have enough clearance to do push/pull. I think you'll have enough room because with the 500R it has the area above the 'inside' for you to mount your pull fans. Should have plenty of room to mount the rad and internal push fans I would think.

Thanks, I just sort of needed that kind of confirmation. I don't have the motherboard in yet as I'm waiting for the money to come along early next month but I have some things I'm trying to fit in the case prior to getting the rest of the parts. Sounds like the MB won't really go too high up into the case and nothing will stick out too much but I wanted to have someone say it. I will probably check back once it's all said and done. Thanks.
post #549 of 1518 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 03:42 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 87 (Unique: 80)
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidmetal14 View Post

The concern in this specific case is not the RAM but the VRM heatsinks on the motherboard...

Normally run horizontally above the CPU socket and/or vertically to the left of the socket is all your power delivery and voltage regulation, dependant on the motherboard it can be quite large. Higher end boards that are designed specifically with OC'ing in mind often have larger heatsinks,

There's no such thing as a stupid question..... Only stupid answers!
post #550 of 1518 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 07:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

The h100i does in fact fit in the front of the define R4. https://www.overclock.net/t/838683/fractal-design-case-club/5840#post_19145654

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in