H80 / H80i / H90 / H100 / H100i / H110 Case Compatibility Thread (Page 1 for full listings) - Page 59 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

H80 / H80i / H90 / H100 / H100i / H110 Case Compatibility Thread (Page 1 for full listings)

post #581 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 09:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUpgrade View Post

Little difficult to see how you have your H100i mounted inside the case. I know most cases you can always put pull fans on the outside, usually the H100/i can operate in pull mode all on it's own. Side note, what kind of fan do you have in the front there? Looks like a CM megaflow 200mm but not exactly sure.

Here's a pic from when I just had the 2 fans on drawing air from out side. Will take more pics later.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #582 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 02:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:

AS5 takes about 200 hours of curing time before you'll get your true temps. After about a week of regular use and regular idling your temps will end up being what they'll be. I also have AS5 but am still using the stock TIM that came on my H80i so I don't know if my temps will improve or not when/if I reseat the waterblock again.

Realized that I applied too much AS5 to the CPU. Now I cleaned the block, and applied some MX-4 the right way, only a spot on the middle of CPU heatspreader, and the pressure of the block to spread it.
No difference on the temps...

But I overclocked my CPU to 4 GHz, and the temps in Prime is about 55 idle and 80 load. I don't know what to do anymore to low this temps... Maybe the airflow in my case isn't good?

And another question: how I know the direction of the airflow in the H100i coolers? I putted the blades part facing the bottom of the case. If I put another 2 SP120 in the top of the case, to P/P configuration, how is the direction that I can place them?
post #583 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 06:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

In my experience the general rule with computer fans is that the air flows out the side with the sticker on. If the blades on the SP120's are facing the radiator then you did it right. If the sticker side is facing the rad then you blowing air into it from both end's and it had no way to escape and would keep the radiator pretty hot. What are your ambient temperatures like where you are?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #584 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 08:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 78 (Unique: 68)
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindrain View Post

Here's a pic from when I just had the 2 fans on drawing air from out side. Will take more pics later.

Looks nice, I like the blue and black theme you have going on there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotavip View Post

Quote:

AS5 takes about 200 hours of curing time before you'll get your true temps. After about a week of regular use and regular idling your temps will end up being what they'll be. I also have AS5 but am still using the stock TIM that came on my H80i so I don't know if my temps will improve or not when/if I reseat the waterblock again.

Realized that I applied too much AS5 to the CPU. Now I cleaned the block, and applied some MX-4 the right way, only a spot on the middle of CPU heatspreader, and the pressure of the block to spread it.
No difference on the temps...

But I overclocked my CPU to 4 GHz, and the temps in Prime is about 55 idle and 80 load. I don't know what to do anymore to low this temps... Maybe the airflow in my case isn't good?

And another question: how I know the direction of the airflow in the H100i coolers? I putted the blades part facing the bottom of the case. If I put another 2 SP120 in the top of the case, to P/P configuration, how is the direction that I can place them?

You do need to have a decent amount of airflow coming into your case. Right now it sounds like you have it setup in pull, do you feel air coming out the top? Easy way to check is to take a piece of paper and set it on there, if it's sticking to the top then you have the fans running as intake. Post a screen shot of your Corsair Link to see if there's anything telling about your pump flow, fan RPM, etc we could look at.
Quote:

In my experience the general rule with computer fans is that the air flows out the side with the sticker on. If the blades on the SP120's are facing the radiator then you did it right. If the sticker side is facing the rad then you blowing air into it from both end's and it had no way to escape and would keep the radiator pretty hot. What are your ambient temperatures like where you are?

The side the sticker is on (front) is your intake side. The side with the brackets and power cable (back) is your exhaust. Most fans should have a directional arrow indicating the airflow. For some reason the SP120L fans that come with these newer coolers do not have the flow direction.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." ~ Ben Franklin

post #585 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 10:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Many fans don't have a sticker on the intake side. All fans have a sticker on the outlet/bracket/motor side. Unfortunately the stock fans for the H100i don't have direction arrows. I should have said the side with the sticker that has the information on, not just the logo.

post #586 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 01:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Does the H60i use the same backplate and mounting brackets as the H60? I plan on getting replacing my older H60 with the newer H60i. My cpu mobo cutout isn't wide enough for me to swap out directly and I really don't feel like taking my case apart again.

post #587 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 07:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 78 (Unique: 68)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWooties View Post

Does the H60i use the same backplate and mounting brackets as the H60? I plan on getting replacing my older H60 with the newer H60i. My cpu mobo cutout isn't wide enough for me to swap out directly and I really don't feel like taking my case apart again.

If it's anything like the H100i/H80i it's going to have a back bracket for the 1155 and the riser screws. The front bracket is neat as it's magnetic so it'll stay in place while you get the screws started. If you can't get to the backplate through the back of your case you'll have to take the mobo out. I wouldn't mount the waterblock on it until after you get it back in the case though as the tubes are attached to the rad.

Just curious why H60i instead of H80i? You can pick one up for $85 after MIR over at newegg right now. It is a bigger rad but they cool just as well as the H100/i from the temps and data I have seen.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." ~ Ben Franklin

post #588 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 06:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 178 (Unique: 144)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p33k View Post

I am planning on ordering a h100i this evening and I had a question regarding which way I should have the fans blowing. Normally with the 600T case people just have it in a pull fashion since hot air rises. I have my case laying down with the glass window facing up. Do you think I should reverse the fans to push the air in the case or keep it pulling out?

You need to visit the 600T thread and the hydro series cooler thread.

https://www.overclock.net/t/831636/official-corsair-graphite-club

https://www.overclock.net/t/612436/official-corsair-hydro-series-club

With the fans up top, you can have push/intake or pull/exhaust. It's basically a choice between intake or exhaust. The forces behind hot air rising are so weak in an area the size of a computer case so as to be irrelevant when compared to the force the fans put out. Other than dust considerations (intake), you should base your choice partially on what type of gpu you have. If it's a reference type card, with a blower style fan channeling hot air out the back of the case, you might want to use exhaust on the H100. However, if you have a gpu that dumps heat inside the case, you might want to make the H100 intake so as not to be exhausting hot video card air through your H100.
Quote:

Most fans (not all) have two arrows on one side. One points in the direction of air flow, and the other in the direction of rotation of the blades.

post #589 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 03:08 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 10 (Unique: 10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergatroid View Post

You need to visit the 600T thread and the hydro series cooler thread.

https://www.overclock.net/t/831636/official-corsair-graphite-club

https://www.overclock.net/t/612436/official-corsair-hydro-series-club

With the fans up top, you can have push/intake or pull/exhaust. It's basically a choice between intake or exhaust. The forces behind hot air rising are so weak in an area the size of a computer case so as to be irrelevant when compared to the force the fans put out. Other than dust considerations (intake), you should base your choice partially on what type of gpu you have. If it's a reference type card, with a blower style fan channeling hot air out the back of the case, you might want to use exhaust on the H100. However, if you have a gpu that dumps heat inside the case, you might want to make the H100 intake so as not to be exhausting hot video card air through your H100.
Most fans (not all) have two arrows on one side. One points in the direction of air flow, and the other in the direction of rotation of the blades.

Thanks for the info. I do have reference cards so I probably shouldn't be blowing hot air back in to the case as they get warm enough smile.gif It was my first thought but wanted a second opinion on it. I can always try it both ways and see which works best. Cheers!

post #590 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 12:06 AM
あほか щ(゜ロ゜щ)

Rep: 266 (Unique: 163)
Corsair H100i fits in Azza Solano 1000/R.

Fans are pushing up, and this case has a big 230mm fan in the top of it. So technically it's push/pull.

Clearance between my big ROG motherboard cpu power cables and the rads is a little close. Other boards may not work.

Big Red Build Log
Subscribe to the OCN Youtube channel! Lets make it big just like our folding team and everything else we do!
My HWBOT profile - join Team OCN
[Official] OCN Retro - The Overclock.net Retrogaming Club
Big Red
(30 items)
Big Blue?
(14 items)
CPU
i7 4790k SiliconLottery 4.8GHz delidded
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero bios 1603 microcode 23
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 2012/5760MHz
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 2012/5760MHz
RAM
G.SKILL TridentX DDR3 2600MHz 10-12-12-31
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 256GB
Hard Drive
WD Black 2TB
Hard Drive
WD Blue 4TB
Optical Drive
Lite-On DVD-RW
Power Supply
COOLERMASTER V1000
Cooling
Corsair H100i V2 (plastidipped red tubing)
Cooling
2x Corsair SP120 HP Red LED radiator, 1x Corsair SP140 HP Red LED rear, Thermaltake 140mm front
Cooling
Prolimatech PK-3 Nano 30g tube
Case
Corsair 780T w/ custom red paint
Operating System
Win7 x64 SP2
Operating System
Debian-based Linux distribution
Monitor
3x ASUS V239 23" 1080p IPS Surround, 60Hz
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 RGB PKT MX Reds
Keyboard
OCN Ducky DK1008 MX Blues
Keyboard
Corsair K70 Lux red led/MX Reds
Mouse
Redragon Chroma M710 RGB mech. switches
Mousepad
Corsair Polaris RGB
Audio
Logitech G230 red
Audio
Old beat-up Logitech Z2300 2.1 200w 8" sub
Other
Logisys red LED "Meteor Light"
Other
Custom acrylic PSU shroud "Big Red" (black w/ red led logo, v1tech)
Other
Custom acrylic drive cage shroud "[email protected]" (black w/ red logo. Clockwerkindustries)
Other
4x PCI-E 8 pin black/red sleeved cable extensions, 1x 24 pin black/red sleeved cable extensions
Other
Case badges Frozencpu "Intel i7", "Republic of Gamers", "EVGA"
Other
Merax Red/Black Racing Chair
CPU
i5-7600k 4.7ghz 1.26v
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Z270H Strix
GPU
Sapphire R9 380X Nitro 1200/1500mhz
RAM
G.skill Ripjaws4 DDR4-3000 CAS15
Hard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 320gb
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 256gb
Power Supply
OCZ ModXStream Pro 500w
Cooling
Corsair H60
Case
Thermaltake Core V71
Operating System
Win10 Home
Monitor
2x ASUS V236H 1080p
Keyboard
Corsair K70 Lux Blue LED Cherry MX Blue
Mouse
Cooler Master
Mouse
Thermaltake GAMMA
CPU
HuC6280 7.16MHz
Motherboard
NEC
GPU
HuC6260 Video Color Encoder (slave of HuC6270A)
GPU
HuC6270A Video Display Contoller 64kB VRAM
RAM
8kB
Optical Drive
HuCard (38 pin removable EEPROM storage, size of a credit card)
Case
Core Grafx case, 5.5" x 5.5", smallest home console ever
Operating System
PC Engine BIOS
Monitor
24"flat CRT television, 60Hz, 256x239
Keyboard
PC Engine 2-button controller
Audio
Hu6280A 6-channel on CPU die
Other
Brand new Nichicon electrolytic capacitors
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in