H80 / H80i / H90 / H100 / H100i / H110 Case Compatibility Thread (Page 1 for full listings) - Page 61 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

H80 / H80i / H90 / H100 / H100i / H110 Case Compatibility Thread (Page 1 for full listings)

post #601 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 10:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 20 (Unique: 15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUpgrade View Post

If you have a cosmos 2 why are you worried about anything not fitting? I'm pretty sure you'd have plenty of room for a 280 and the fans, even in push/pull if you wanted to go that route. Only thing I don't like about the new H90/H110 is the pump is more like the older H50/H70 style instead of being square like the past 6-8 models.

He's worried because even the H100 in p/p has issues fitting with tall MOSFIT heatsinks (even in the Cosmos II)

It's a huge case, but headroom is still average.

post-flame-small.gif Fractal Design Case Club post-flame-small.gif Mechanical Keyboard Club post-flame-small.gif NZXT S340 Club post-flame-small.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 11:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUpgrade View Post

If you have a cosmos 2 why are you worried about anything not fitting? I'm pretty sure you'd have plenty of room for a 280 and the fans, even in push/pull if you wanted to go that route. Only thing I don't like about the new H90/H110 is the pump is more like the older H50/H70 style instead of being square like the past 6-8 models.

I am really happy with my H100 at the moment. It never gave me any issues so far *slams wood* . There is some articles on the square and the circle blocks. Both good and bad. Kinda ways each other out.

The H22 from swiftech looks good but no material so far that I could find to prove its superior performance over the other loops. H110 pulling top 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

He's worried because even the H100 in p/p has issues fitting with tall MOSFIT heatsinks (even in the Cosmos II)

It's a huge case, but headroom is still average.

I read some info about the fan hole spacing between the two 140 fans is 20mm and is different from the normal 15mm spacing. thinking.gif not sure..

Custom loop or H110 , tired of debating with myself.
Maybe a custom loop when I upgrade new mobo and stuff?

confusedsmiley.png

A friend of mine whats to buy my H100 plus my fans. I will pay less then a quarter to get the h110. I have two Corsair AF140's already.
post #603 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 01:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 78 (Unique: 68)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drserk View Post

i wonder that which thermal compound on H80i is applied? is there anyone who konws?

I'll help you with an answer to this that randomly came up awhile back talking about using AS5 instead of stock TIM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergatroid View Post

The H80 and H100 were using Dow Corning TIM. Corsair claims its performance matches the Shin Etsu TIM they were using in previous models. I'm not sure if the H80i and H100i are using the same TIM though.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." ~ Ben Franklin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #604 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 01:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
i have some thoughts..does it make a really big difference that change it with coollaboratory luquid ultra?

post #605 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 01:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 78 (Unique: 68)
Quote:

i have some thoughts..does it make a really big difference that change it with coollaboratory luquid ultra?

If you remove the waterblock you should always replace the TIM with something. All I use is AS5 but it takes about 200 hours curing time. I haven't tried anything other than the stock TIM that came with the H80i so I can't say what kind of performance changes it might have changing it to something else.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." ~ Ben Franklin

post #606 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 09:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 178 (Unique: 144)
Quote:

A year or so ago there were some guys here on ocn making some pretty wild claims about liquid ultra. I tried to get my local shop to order it but they can't get it.

It's difficult to apply and a little unforgiving, but if you try it be sure to make before and after load temp tests (with screen shots) to let us know how it works out.

post #607 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 12:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 529 (Unique: 432)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil80 View Post

If it helps anyone, I tested H100 with Antec P280.

Fits the top case but only push or slim profile fans for p/p.
You need to do some modding to do push/pull setup.

post #608 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 03:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergatroid View Post

A year or so ago there were some guys here on ocn making some pretty wild claims about liquid ultra. I tried to get my local shop to order it but they can't get it.

It's difficult to apply and a little unforgiving, but if you try it be sure to make before and after load temp tests (with screen shots) to let us know how it works out.

if it comes from Germany, yes i will do thumb.gif

post #609 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 05:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
figured I'd mention another Cooler Master case that works with the H80. Its the CM Elite 431, it's a mid tower case, with my mobo its very close as u can see from my pics here its a cheap case and deffinitly good to know it fits a H80 in the back.
post #610 of 1518 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 10:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Can anybody confirm the install instructions on corsair h100i on CM storm stryker case ?
I've read somewhere not to use washer with h100i unit when installing h100i at top of case..

Additional fans, cooling related..

Also looking at best fans setup for air flow cooling etc. Have h100i fans pulling air inside of case facing gpu.
Have rear fan pulling air our of case, have two 120mm fans facing front of case pulling air in.

Does anybody know if 200mm fan will fit in bottom of case and remove ssd bracketholder, or only a 120mm fan will work ?
Also have base fan pull air in..

Can any other fans be added for better cooling and which ones - thinking corsair sp120 quiet 120mm for noise and perf factor..or just go with stock fans with case.
Will be oc i7-3770k to 4.5ghz, memory kingston beast hyperx 2400mhz, geforce nvidia gtx670ftw 4g, and mobo msi z77 mPower

Cheers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in