H80 / H80i / H90 / H100 / H100i / H110 Case Compatibility Thread (Page 1 for full listings) - Page 79 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

H80 / H80i / H90 / H100 / H100i / H110 Case Compatibility Thread (Page 1 for full listings)

post #781 of 1518 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 07:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
just a quickie on the compatibility thread (for 1st page addition), I've tried H110 with Cosmos II and it fits perfectly, no need for any modding whatsoever. Rad sits below top of the case, while fans will sit above it, however still under the top cover. very nice fittings... thumb.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #782 of 1518 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 04:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 78 (Unique: 68)
Quote:
Originally Posted by burpx View Post

just a quickie on the compatibility thread (for 1st page addition), I've tried H110 with Cosmos II and it fits perfectly, no need for any modding whatsoever. Rad sits below top of the case, while fans will sit above it, however still under the top cover. very nice fittings... thumb.gif

Pics or didn't happen. j/k of course biggrin.gif

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." ~ Ben Franklin

post #783 of 1518 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 05:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
I have an issue, and I was curious if there is any way to potentially fix it WITHOUT RMAing, and my RMA is actually up, the 30 days has passed.

The radiator screw holes have indeed stripped, any way to fix this?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #784 of 1518 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 08:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolator2B View Post

I have an issue, and I was curious if there is any way to potentially fix it WITHOUT RMAing, and my RMA is actually up, the 30 days has passed.

Get screws that are bigger than 3/16 and it might work. Problem is once threads are gone it's just a hole so you need something that will fit in it to anchor the screws. Don't overtighten that's usually what causes this issue.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." ~ Ben Franklin

post #785 of 1518 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 10:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

I have the Thermaltake Chaser MK-I case, and unfortunatly due to the high heatsinks from my motherboard, (MSI z77 MPower) the H100i does not fit, the radiator fits fine, but cant mount the fans because of the heatsink surrounding my cpu on my motherboard, but im sure if your willing to drill new holes and maybe put the radiator in the "top case" and mount the fans under it through the holes you drill yourself it could be done, but i dont have the equipment to mod my case like that.

So just a heads up, If you have the Thermaltake Chaser MK-I case, and thinking about getting a H100i, make sure your heatsinks from the motherboard surrounding the CPU ain't to high.
post #786 of 1518 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 07:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 16)
Quote:

It is made of aluminum which is a very soft metal. The threads simply strip out when over tightened. I would go to the hardware store and find small nuts to put on the back side. There is a tiny gap between the fins and the hole. You can put the nut between the hole and fins then tighten the screw into the nut. Should work fine. A tiny drop of superglue can be used to hold the nut in place. Do this before trying to mount it all together. Good luck.

post #787 of 1518 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 07:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 11)
I don't suppose anyone knows if the H110 would go in the top of the CM 690 II? The H100 fits there so all logic says that so will the H110 as there's mounting holes for both 120mm and 140mm in the top.

post #788 of 1518 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 07:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleslie246 View Post

Quote:

It is made of aluminum which is a very soft metal. The threads simply strip out when over tightened. I would go to the hardware store and find small nuts to put on the back side. There is a tiny gap between the fins and the hole. You can put the nut between the hole and fins then tighten the screw into the nut. Should work fine. A tiny drop of superglue can be used to hold the nut in place. Do this before trying to mount it all together. Good luck.

I wouldn't advise putting anything between the rad and fan beucase you'll run the risk of having a gap instead of the fan right up against the rad. I don't know if the holes on the rad go all the way through or not, can't remember if mine does. Glue will indeed void your warranty. That being said, I'm not sure if you can RMA or not considering you stripped them and it's not a defective product. Usually these have at least a 2 year warrenty on them, but you'll have to go through Corsair not the store you bought it from. You can always try the retailer but I highly doubt you'll get anywhere.

post #789 of 1518 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 09:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

hi guys,

I have Lancool k62 red. it's been a year that I used h80 cooler inside.
Now I wondering to get h110 to support haswell later, since the h100i using 120mm fan that can't fit in my case without some metal surgery. (k62 top fan - 140mm)
So that I decide to buy h110, not sure but the plan is put the fans on top like normal, then the rad hang inside the case, right below the metal surface. I haven't measure it but hope it (rad) fit without get contact with ram and all will work perfectly.
Maybe anyone here ever made this configuration with k62 + h110 ?? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #790 of 1518 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 09:56 PM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in