H80 / H80i / H90 / H100 / H100i / H110 Case Compatibility Thread (Page 1 for full listings) - Page 80 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

H80 / H80i / H90 / H100 / H100i / H110 Case Compatibility Thread (Page 1 for full listings)

post #791 of 1518 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 06:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Alright, thanks guys! I'll give some of those a shot. O: if nothing else, I'll go and pick up another 120 or 240 rad

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #792 of 1518 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 03:08 PM
Been here for a while

Rep: 29 (Unique: 22)

Anyone knows if a NOX coolbay VX can handle a double radiator? like the H100, in the top of the case

CPU
[Intel] Core i7 6700k
Motherboard
[Gigabyte] Z170X-UD3
GPU
[Gigabyte] R9 280x
RAM
[Corsair] Vengeance LPX
Hard Drive
[Samsung] 840 EVO
Hard Drive
[Crucial] MX100
Hard Drive
[Western Digital] Caviar Black 1TB
Optical Drive
[ASUS] DRW-24F1ST
Power Supply
[Corsair] HX750
Cooling
[Antec] Khüler H2O 620
Cooling
[Artic Cooling] MX-4
Cooling
[Corsair] SP 120
Cooling
[Corsair] AF 120
Cooling
[Corsair] AF 140
Cooling
[Bitefenix] Recon 5.25 Fan Controller
Case
[Corsair] 200R
Operating System
[M$] Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
[BenQ] XL2411Z 144Hz
Keyboard
[Corsair] K70 Cherry MX Red
Mouse
[Corsair] M65
Mouse
[Corsair] MM200
Audio
[Tritton] AX 720 Plus
Audio
[Creative] Inspire T3150 2.1
Other
[Saitek] Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S.
CPU
[AMD] FX 8320
Motherboard
[Gigabyte] 990FXA-UD5
GPU
[EVGA] GTX 960 SSC
RAM
[Corsair] Vegeance 3x4GB
Hard Drive
[Samsung] 840 EVO
Hard Drive
[Western Digital] Caviar Blue 1TB
Optical Drive
[ASUS] DRW-24F1ST
Power Supply
[Corsair] CX500M
Cooling
[Cooler Master] Hyper 212 EVO
Cooling
[Artic Cooling] MX-4
Case
[NOX] Coolbay VX
Operating System
[M$] Windows 10 Home
CPU
[AMD] FX 8120
Motherboard
[Gigabyte] GA-970A-D3 (RIP)
GPU
[Gigabyte] GTX 650
RAM
[Corsair] Vegeance DDR3
▲ hide details ▲
post #793 of 1518 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 05:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 178 (Unique: 144)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleslie246 View Post

It is made of aluminum which is a very soft metal. The threads simply strip out when over tightened. I would go to the hardware store and find small nuts to put on the back side. There is a tiny gap between the fins and the hole. You can put the nut between the hole and fins then tighten the screw into the nut. Should work fine. A tiny drop of superglue can be used to hold the nut in place. Do this before trying to mount it all together. Good luck.

That's a good idea for correcting that fault.

He could also purchase a similar sized tap from a hardware store with matching screws and carefully retap the holes to a slightly larger size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUpgrade View Post

I wouldn't advise putting anything between the rad and fan beucase you'll run the risk of having a gap instead of the fan right up against the rad. I don't know if the holes on the rad go all the way through or not, can't remember if mine does. Glue will indeed void your warranty. That being said, I'm not sure if you can RMA or not considering you stripped them and it's not a defective product. Usually these have at least a 2 year warrenty on them, but you'll have to go through Corsair not the store you bought it from. You can always try the retailer but I highly doubt you'll get anywhere.

I think he's saying to put the nuts between the hole and the fins, not between the rad and the fans. I believe I have seen people say they have had their H100 exchanged because of stripped holes. Some people have had excess paint in the holes, causing the screws to be extraordinarily tight and stripping the holes. This could be the case here as well.

I do agree though that any modding, even just gluing a nut in, would likely void the warranty. It is a decent solution to the problem though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolator2B View Post

Alright, thanks guys! I'll give some of those a shot. O: if nothing else, I'll go and pick up another 120 or 240 rad

Just contact Corsair. I bet they will replace it for you. It could have been the paint issue mentioned above.

Of course, one last option is to go to a hardware store and purchase some self tapping screws the same length, but slightly larger.

Don't try replacing the rad since the system is sealed. If you do you will likely have to start maintaining it like an open loop because of bacteria and algae.

It would actually be easier to drill the mounting holes to the next size up, purchase a tap from a hardware store the same size along with some screws, retap the holes and use the new screws.

Personally, I would contact Corsair before doing anything else.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #794 of 1518 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 01:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 62 (Unique: 55)
Cooler Master 690 II Advanced, H100i top mount, push only. Radiator is inside the case, so there is possibly room for a set of pull fans outside with no mods but I have not tried yet.

My only modification was cutting a small notch in the fan housing to accommodate my RAM. Note that the RAM heatsinks would have cleared no problem, it was the PCB of my RAM that interfered.

Prime95 @ 4.6GHz

post #795 of 1518 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 01:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hello

I have a question about the H110

Sorry to ask, but I didn't found the Cooler Master Cosmos S in that list, but searching on google, I did found some posts saying that the H110 fits on the Cosmos S

Can someone please confirm that ? The H110 fits on Cosmos S ?

thanks
post #796 of 1518 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 04:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 16)
Thanks for the support Megatroid. And yes. superglue could be messy. I was meaning to suggest a very tiny drop just to hold the nut in place during the mounting process. This can easily be removed with denatured alcohol on a qtip if an RMA is required. Threading new holes is easy in an engine block, but on thin aluminum it could be a challenge not to strip out the new holes as well. And d's nuts are cheaper than the tooling to make said holes biggrin.gif Keep your original hardware (the bolts are plenty long enough) and add nutz. Try it without glue 1st. No mess no fuss.

post #797 of 1518 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 04:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 92 (Unique: 79)
Guys, is a H100i going to fit in a NZXT Lexa S case? And in push-pull without having fans on the outside?
I've been looking at the case secondhand from a clanmate of mine, but we live too far apart for me to just test it..

Case does have 2x 120/140mm top mounted fan holes, but I have no idea whether it'll fit or how many fans it'll support.

Car: R.I.P. '94 Nissan 100NX (a.k.a. NX1600)
Current: '00 Nissan Primera P11-144 QG18DE with tons of little mods and upgrades thumb.gif

If you're overclocking and something hasn't crashed while testing yet, you aint pushing hard enough!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micko go_quote.gif

I like my hard drives shaken, not stirred.
post #798 of 1518 (permalink) Old 05-19-2013, 03:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Cooler Master Elite 430 case with Corsair H80i installed in push/pull set-up with airflow from outside inward. Plenty of room with the Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 motherboard. As mentioned in other CM E430 posts you need to get the CPU power cable in place before H80i installation. As known, cable management is very limiting with this case but workable. The cooler runs great overclocking AMD FX-8350 to 4.5 MHz at stock voltage with temps in the low 30's. I have 2 intake fans (front, and side cover) and 2 exhaust fans on top.

post #799 of 1518 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 04:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Fractal R4 with H100i

post #800 of 1518 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 04:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Fractal R4 with H100i (view 2)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in