H80 / H80i / H90 / H100 / H100i / H110 Case Compatibility Thread (Page 1 for full listings) - Page 9 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

H80 / H80i / H90 / H100 / H100i / H110 Case Compatibility Thread (Page 1 for full listings)

post #81 of 1518 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 12:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 31)
If the H80 is as thick as the H70 it will fit in the CM Cosmos S with restrictions but it will fit.

Backside:
Fits P/P but side door fan collides with inner H70 fan.

Topside:
Fits P/P but bottom most fan may then collide with RAM modules (at least on my Z68A-GD65 (G3) it'd have needed like 3mm more clearance), may also collide with high MB heatsinks there.
Fits P/P without issues if topmost fan is screwed on top of case directly below removable cover.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 1518 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 04:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 46 (Unique: 39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyd893 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawNeedsHelp View Post

Will the H100 fit in the Antec DF 85?

Apparently yes, video not great but a start!

It looks like he put it in on the top, but hell I can't tell. I'll look around some more.

Main
(14 items)
CPU
[Intel] Core i7 7700k
Motherboard
[ASUS] Maximus IX Formula
GPU
[Zotac] RTX 2080 AMP
RAM
[Corsair] 16Gb Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
Hard Drive
[Crucial] BX100 25Gb
Hard Drive
[Samsung] 860 EVO 500Gb
Hard Drive
[Seagate] Barracuda 3Tb
Power Supply
[Corsair] AXi 860
Cooling
[EK] EK Supremacy Evo
Case
[Corsair] Obsidian 750D
Operating System
Win10 64bit
Monitor
[ASUS] PB287Q 4k
Keyboard
[Corsair] Vengeance K70 Blue
Mouse
[Corsair] M65
▲ hide details ▲

post #83 of 1518 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 10:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 25 (Unique: 24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyd893 View Post

Do you have pics of setup on here, if so can I get a link?

Also, Picture of my Fractal Design Define Mini with H100 up front, to mount it attach it only on bottom fan bracket, drill out the bottom hard drive cage and flip the bracket for the fan, I broke off the tabs but realized I didn't need to.

95.567% of people make up the stats in their sig. If you are part of the 4.433% who uses real stats, put
this in your sig.

Snorkle.gifCOMPACT l SPLASH wave2.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 1518 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 11:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
will fit in the top of the coolermaster 690 II with no modding (but depends on motherboard)

sam0572v.jpg

sam0571z.jpg

Edit : this is in push pull

post #85 of 1518 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 03:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
I thought I would add to this great source of information.

I have successfully mounted my H80 in the rear of my case (Fractal Design Define R2. R3 version of the case should be identical) this is mounted in a Push/Pull configuration in the rear fan location. No modding was required btw.

As can be seen in the images below, it fits with the roof fans installed as well. It is possible to add or remove the rear roof fan without removing the H80 (I installed the fan without removing the H80), but it is a bit fiddly.

51o8r5.jpg
el7luu.jpg

My Gadgets/Toys (Click to show)
Phone: Google/LG Nexus 5 (32GB, White)
MP3 Player: Sansa Clip Zip (Orange, 4GB )
Tablet: TOSHIBA Encore 8" (64GB + 64GB Micro SD card)
Camera: Canon EOS 1100D
eReader: Amazon Kindle (4th gen)
Console: Playstation 3 (Slim, 250GB)
Handheld Console: Nintendo 3DS
post #86 of 1518 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 87 (Unique: 80)
Thanks everyone for the info. I'm going to be away for the next couple of weeks and might not be able to get on here to update the thread. Please continue to post your info and I'll catch up when i'm back! Thanks for your efforts and don't worry the thread is not going stale!

biggrin.gif:D:D

There's no such thing as a stupid question..... Only stupid answers!
post #87 of 1518 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 05:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 153 (Unique: 80)
I have a Lian Li PC50 sitting around doing nothing so I thought I would see if I can adapt it for the Corsair H100 radiator, it would have been easier to just install it on top but I wanted to use a fan shroud and push pull so I did a little cutting, I still have to figure out a front filter but that shouldn’t be too hard, mind you this is a work in progress, I also have nothing to put in this case, I just wanted to see it it can be done and it can! There's room for 1 standard hard drive at the bottom of the case and a SSD drive can be mounted just about anywhere. I took the 2.5/3.5 adapter that comes with the Lian Li cases and changed the front of it to a vented bay cover.

post #88 of 1518 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 09:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 10)
A question such as this probably has been asked before but....

What $100 case is best for the H80? I thought maybe the Corsair R500 or Fractal Design R3? The R500 is most like a full tower, though, size-wise?

Any other choices? I think I prefer the H80 since the H100 needs more specific customization or options. I want a simple push-pull, I think.

Also, I currently own an Antec 300.... I was looking at modding it but it probably is too small to use this cooler, right?

My plan is to buy an 1155 cpu in the long run and then 8gb of low profile DDR3 ram. I won't overclock at the start, at least. So, I think the H80 is probably good enough for me.

Any thoughts? Thanks for any info.

post #89 of 1518 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobee View Post

A question such as this probably has been asked before but....
What $100 case is best for the H80? I thought maybe the Corsair R500 or Fractal Design R3? The R500 is most like a full tower, though, size-wise?
Any other choices? I think I prefer the H80 since the H100 needs more specific customization or options. I want a simple push-pull, I think.
Also, I currently own an Antec 300.... I was looking at modding it but it probably is too small to use this cooler, right?
My plan is to buy an 1155 cpu in the long run and then 8gb of low profile DDR3 ram. I won't overclock at the start, at least. So, I think the H80 is probably good enough for me.
Any thoughts? Thanks for any info.

I really like the Cooler Master CM 690, but I have the original version. The CM 690 II advanced will accomodate either and is a brilliant case, you should be able to pick up a used one for < $100 if you don't mind trawling auction and classifieds sites. If you are going for the H100, you can do a simple mod with the HDD bays and install it in the bottom of the case in push/pull and with shrouds if you wanted.

post #90 of 1518 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev_b View Post

I have a Lian Li PC50 sitting around doing nothing so I thought I would see if I can adapt it for the Corsair H100 radiator, it would have been easier to just install it on top but I wanted to use a fan shroud and push pull so I did a little cutting, I still have to figure out a front filter but that shouldn’t be too hard, mind you this is a work in progress, I also have nothing to put in this case, I just wanted to see it it can be done and it can! There's room for 1 standard hard drive at the bottom of the case and a SSD drive can be mounted just about anywhere. I took the 2.5/3.5 adapter that comes with the Lian Li cases and changed the front of it to a vented bay cover.

NIce mod and it would clearly fit, a bit screwed if you wanted more drive bays though. Although, you could possible use the screw holes in the base of the case to mount 2 drives on their side (need to be screwed in to avoid any shock damage of course).
You might even get away with this bracket (LINK) or similar on top of the 5.25 bay at the bottom, you have the dimensions.. just another idea!

Either way, your post is getting linked on the Starter thread!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in