H100: How noticable is the change in Fan speed? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

H100: How noticable is the change in Fan speed?

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I bought the Corsair H100 on Boxing Day and installed it two nights ago (though at first I plugged the fans in wrong by plugging the wire from the Pump into the wires for the fans that are controlled by the Fan Speed Knob on my Sniper Case but have fixed that up now.) but I am not sure if it is working correctly.

I don't notice and change in fan speed whrn I press the Fan Profile Button on the H100. I checked and I don't have a unit from the recalled Lot Number, but it is scaring me that I don't hear or see a change.

This is what I was getting with the stock fan:

And what I am getting now with the H100:

I played BF3 for a bit and it didn't really get hot either and I didn't hear a change in fan speed:

I am just afraid I am doing something wrong... Is there a program I can use that will run and put my system to a test and see if that will raise the fan speed with it getting hotter due to it?

Here is my set up:

I do have a third fan installed above the H100 fan on the right in a Push/Pull setup taking the air out of the case.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 10:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 44 (Unique: 44)
doesnt look like you did anything wrong to me. you can download Intel Burn Test and run 5 passes of that on maximum settings. that will put all of ur cores under maximum load. and yes it works just the same with amd chips. you shouldnt be getting worried about your temperatures with that chip until you hit around 60 (62 is max) degrees C. so you should be fine. but like i said, just run intel burn test and see what happens to ur temps and fans and report back here. good luck cheers.gif

“People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” - Isaac Asimov
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 12:48 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

This is what I got:

No idea what the numbers mean other than the temp only reached 32'C and I did notice a change in fans speeds a little bit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 09:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 12)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 11:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 44 (Unique: 44)
everything looks good temps are fine thumb.gif

“People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” - Isaac Asimov
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 05:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 87 (Unique: 80)
I'm stealing a link to your OP for this thread:
https://www.overclock.net/t/1144409/h80-h100-case-compatibility-thread

But just a quick question, would a second fan above the H100 fit for a complete P/P setup?

Thanks thumb.gifbiggrin.gif

There's no such thing as a stupid question..... Only stupid answers!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefpuff420 View Post

Very good temps for the H100 sir!
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by intex View Post

everything looks good temps are fine thumb.gif
Thanks for the help Intex! Nervous no more. biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyd893 View Post

I'm stealing a link to your OP for this thread:
https://www.overclock.net/t/1144409/h80-h100-case-compatibility-thread

But just a quick question, would a second fan above the H100 fit for a complete P/P setup?

Thanks

Steal away! And yeah, there is enough room that a second fan could fit above the Rad. However, as it is on the outside of the case and under the shroud, it would be right below the handle. You would loose about half the air flow as the handle is right across the middel of the fan with just the sides sticking out. You would also loose the use of the back handle unless you modded it abit some how.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in