Alphacool DC-LT Ceramic pump and tops information. - Page 21 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Alphacool DC-LT Ceramic pump and tops information.

post #201 of 208 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 04:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bichael View Post

The eisbear should come with the new pump so might be the best bet. I use the plexi version and for me the main benefit is that filling becomes pretty easy, if you're planning on using a separate res anyway though then that might not be an issue.

I have the 3600rpm and use a zalman fanmate 2 to control it. For me (with a pretty restrictive loop) it works better than the 2400 would as it's handy being able to use full speed for bleeding. If you're just using it for a simple cpu loop though then the 2400 should be fine though and then you don't need to worry about control.

Have to ask though, why watercool a T cpu?! Are you thinking of adding a gpu as well at some point?

Thanks for the reply and to all.

I have selected the T cpu because of the low Wattage, and the power of a i7, my PC at most time will be on 24hrs, and is probably sitting there, so a low powered one is best, yes I will have a reservoir, it's a custom built one from frozenQ made for the N case https://i.imgur.com/l8towBC.jpg , also have you tried one of these voltage reducer. http://www.outletpc.com/nt5639.html .

Another question, does the 3600 pump run quiet at full speed and or reduce speed using the zalman fanmate 2, in that case it's probably better to get the 3600 rather than the 2400, whiles using the zalman fanmate 2, will this cause problems for the MB, would it strain out the connector when forced to reduce the speed.

FS: USD20 Each, Hynix 8GB DDR3 10600R ECC REG, Total 16 Pieces.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 208 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 10:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 29 (Unique: 25)
Haven't tried a resistor type voltage reducer like the one you linked but would be worried about using it with a pump with a relatively high wattage (compared to a fan), I think they get pretty hot anyway so think you could easily burn it out. You can wire a molex for 7V (search how) which I did for a while, though something of a hack that could potentially be bad for the psu.

The 3600 pump is definitely not quiet at full speed though I wouldn't really call it noisy either. At 2400 it's pretty quiet but not silent so depends on your environment how noticeable it might be. If you do want very quiet then probably the Eisbaer is the better bet as believe the new pump is meant to be quieter.

Don't think the fanmate should be a problem for the motherboard but I tend to run it using a molex adapter anyway just to save a fan header. The fanmate gives pretty good control of the pump speed, I just aim for something quiet but still with some reasonable looking water flow.

post #203 of 208 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 01:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Sorry to bump up an old thread but has anyone made their own distro-plate/pump top for this pump. I was getting measurements from the pump top I have and it has a ridge in the pump top area that I can't reproduce with a normal bit on a 3 axis CNC machine. I was wondering if this is necessary and if anyone already has a model made?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #204 of 208 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 237 (Unique: 187)
I have thought about it but have not gotten around to actually doing this. Keep us posted if you actually get anywhere with the custom top.
post #205 of 208 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 11:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
Quote: Originally Posted by TheArkratos View Post
Sorry to bump up an old thread but has anyone made their own distro-plate/pump top for this pump. I was getting measurements from the pump top I have and it has a ridge in the pump top area that I can't reproduce with a normal bit on a 3 axis CNC machine. I was wondering if this is necessary and if anyone already has a model made?
There's a thread on smallformfactor.net somewhere about a guy made a monoblock with integrated pump using the DC-LT and I think he included the ridge (and the hole for the spindle nipple). It's in here somewhere...

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/th...h-4-mini.6503/

ASTERIA II: Rearmoured. Watercooled In Win 901
Build log
post #206 of 208 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 11:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
Scratch that, here's a dedicated thread for it

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/th...0i-strix.6890/

ASTERIA II: Rearmoured. Watercooled In Win 901
Build log
post #207 of 208 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 06:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
This thread is a few years old and I am wondering if you guys are still using this little pump? Any long term feedback? I am thinking of using a dual dc-lt top with 2 pumps in a tiny space situation.
post #208 of 208 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 237 (Unique: 187)
I still use mine. They still work - the ones I have are the very first generation 3600 rpm ones, but I have had to drop them down to ~2700 rpm for the noise to remain sane. I'm not fond of the 5.25'' bay res, but the issues I had with it were also (supposedly) because it was basically the very first revision. I have used for the past three or so years only the standalone plexi tops and the double pump res is sitting somewhere in the closet.

The pump with the standalone plexi top, unfortunately, is not very compact.

Added a picture of how they are currently. It's an old case and they are side by side zip tied to the 3.5'' slots taking approx 2 slots high space in the bottom of the bay.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05397.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	3.97 MB
ID:	249704  

Last edited by Carniflex; 01-28-2019 at 12:32 AM. Reason: added a picture

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in