Mayhems users club - Page 1633 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Mayhems users club

Old 02-06-2019, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
Mayhem is on a distinguished road Mayhem is on a distinguished road Mayhem is on a distinguished road

Quote: Originally Posted by iSpark View Post
18022012 Unopened bottle of Mayhem X1 - UV Green 250ml concentrate

Still good?
If stored at 25c it may be possible its still working. How ever if stored higher or lower it may only last a few months. It is out of its recommend usage though. Personally i would only dilute it to 1/2 its recommended size on the bottle just to be sure.

spam1.gifspam1.gifspam1.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2019, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
Mayhem is on a distinguished road Mayhem is on a distinguished road Mayhem is on a distinguished road

Quote: Originally Posted by Zammin View Post
Hi Michael

I sent you an email a few weeks ago via the Mayhems website asking some questions about my Blitz kit and the results I got with it, I also posted here a couple of times but didn't get a response to either. I understand you've been busy dealing with Thermalfake and I completely understand, but if you do find the time to reply I would greatly appreciate it.

In case the email is lost or didn't make it, essentially what I was asking about was why my Blitz Kit has a different mix ratio to what is listed on the Mayhems website as well as the website of the vendor I purchased from (Singularity Computers). The ratio on the bottle and in the instructions for Part 1 is 50ml per 1L of fluid, but everywhere else says 250ml per 1L of fluid. Some of us here have speculated that it may be a newer, stronger version but I don't think that's been confirmed.

I used it on 5 radiators, 3 of which were brand new and I didn't really get anything out of them except some blue-ish fluid. I flushed all the rads very thoroughly with distilled water after draining Part 1. Each radiator was left with Part 1 for 10-12 hours.

In the past using distilled white vinegar I got a lot of visible debris out of 2 radiators, much like what is seen in your instructional video, but with Part 1 I didn't notice any debris.

When I put the system together (with 2 of the radiators) after using Blitz Part 1 and 2 I let it run on distilled water for 8 hours, checked the PH level and it was right on "7" using the litmus strips that came with the kit, which is perfectly within the ideal range. I then added Mayhems Pastel UV Green in the correct mix ratio and just 1 hour later I found bits of black radiator paint lodged in my GPU block.

Next time I will run the system with an inline filter for 24-48 hours to ensure this doesn't happen again but my concern is with how effective the kit I received was and why the mix ratio was different to what is listed everywhere.

Looking forward to hearing your opinions and best of luck in your case with TT. I sincerely hope they get what's coming to them.
Hi There

Depending on were you live int he world you get diffrent versions as we have to get it though customs and each and every country has diffrent regulations. Also we have been improving the mix ratios and try to up date the site as much as possible which can be hard to keep up on. The instructions in the box all ways have the most up to date information we have on the products.

Yes we have a new stronger version.

Ref flushing , some times if you don't get into all the corners you will have flakes coming out as Blitz takes time to work. Only a good flush getting into all the crevices and air gaps will aid in removing all the bits. Also barbs can dislodge paint on the side.

Hope this helps

spam1.gifspam1.gifspam1.gif
Old 02-06-2019, 10:08 AM
Not New to Overclock.net
iSpark Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
If stored at 25c it may be possible its still working. How ever if stored higher or lower it may only last a few months. It is out of its recommend usage though. Personally i would only dilute it to 1/2 its recommended size on the bottle just to be sure.
Thanks for the reply!
I won this bottle in a giveaway back in 2012 and green just isn't my thing, however, I may try it and grab some pics of my loop/setup in green.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2019, 04:56 PM
New to Overclock.net
Zammin

Hi There

Depending on were you live int he world you get diffrent versions as we have to get it though customs and each and every country has diffrent regulations. Also we have been improving the mix ratios and try to up date the site as much as possible which can be hard to keep up on. The instructions in the box all ways have the most up to date information we have on the products.

Yes we have a new stronger version.

Ref flushing , some times if you don't get into all the corners you will have flakes coming out as Blitz takes time to work. Only a good flush getting into all the crevices and air gaps will aid in removing all the bits. Also barbs can dislodge paint on the side.

Hope this helps
Hey thanks for the clarification.

When I flushed the rads after using blitz part 1, I plumbed the radiator into the mains and let it run for 5 minutes, then flushed it with distilled water many times by filling the radiator and shaking it vigorously each time. It's just kinda odd that I didn't see any debris come out during that process. When I used distilled white vinegar in the past I could see the debris come out immediately when I poured out the mixture. The Blitz Part 1 was blue-ish though so it must have taken some corrosion or oxidization with out it.

True, there is a possibility that the black paint fibers could have come from the fittings, I can't prove that its not that. I did think that looked like debris from the radiator/s though, hard to be sure. It is very odd that it didn't show up during the 8 hours I ran the loop with pure distilled and only appeared within an hour after adding the coolant concentrate to the mix.

I bought an XSPC inline filter so what I will do next time is follow the same procedure but I will run the loop with the inline filter fitted to catch any debris for the first 24-48 hours so it doesn't get lodged in the blocks again.

System Specs: Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC (2050-2063Mhz) - G. Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz 32GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD

Last edited by Zammin; 02-06-2019 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:50 PM
New to Overclock.net
NewUser16 Level 1

Hey thanks for the clarification.

When I flushed the rads after using blitz part 1, I plumbed the radiator into the mains and let it run for 5 minutes, then flushed it with distilled water many times by filling the radiator and shaking it vigorously each time. It's just kinda odd that I didn't see any debris come out during that process. When I used distilled white vinegar in the past I could see the debris come out immediately when I poured out the mixture. The Blitz Part 1 was blue-ish though so it must have taken some corrosion or oxidization with out it.

True, there is a possibility that the black paint fibers could have come from the fittings, I can't prove that its not that. I did think that looked like debris from the radiator/s though, hard to be sure. It is very odd that it didn't show up during the 8 hours I ran the loop with pure distilled and only appeared within an hour after adding the coolant concentrate to the mix.

I bought an XSPC inline filter so what I will do next time is follow the same procedure but I will run the loop with the inline filter fitted to catch any debris for the first 24-48 hours so it doesn't get lodged in the blocks again.
What you experiencing could be a matter of timing and coincident.

I don't think you can predict, neither prevent from anything at anytime ending up in the loop(s) We all trying to go the extra step of cleaning our radiators before hand to make sure that they are as clean as possible, its one way of preventing from possible issues down the road, but again, if a fakes of paint or small particle from one of the fittings threads themselves or even debris from radiator that decided to be stubborn even after using acid solution, despite of that, you might still end up with piece of wherever in your system.

In Theory, so I'm not saying you should go ahead and do that, but if you decide to empty the loop(s) and flush your system few times again getting that persistent particle out, and then refilling it again, the chance of you getting anything similar back in the loop would be very slim, but there is still that small possibility that something become lose and flow.

Last edited by NewUser16; 02-06-2019 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:06 PM
New to Overclock.net
Zammin

Quote: Originally Posted by NewUser16 View Post
What you experiencing could be a matter of timing and coincident.

I don't think you can predict, neither prevent from anything at anytime ending up in the loop(s) We all trying to go the extra step of cleaning our radiators before hand to make sure that they are as clean as possible, its one way of preventing from possible issues down the road, but again, if a fakes of paint or small particle from one of the fittings threads themselves or even debris from radiator that decided to be stubborn even after using acid solution, despite of that, you might still end up with piece of wherever in your system.

In Theory, so I'm not saying you should go ahead and do that, but if you decide to empty the loop(s) and flush your system few times again getting that persistent particle out, and then refilling it again, the chance of you getting anything similar back in the loop would be very slim, but there is still that small possibility that something become lose and flow.
Yes I agree those are certainly possibilities. I don't have the capacity to drain it and pull the block apart to clean it right now since it's my only working computer (I'm building another loop for my main system atm) but next time I change the fluid or something I'll do it then. At least if I leave it for a while it will get any other debris out first before I drain it. I haven't seen any additional debris appear over the last week or two though, just the initial bits of crap that ended up in the GPU block.

My main concern was not seeing any debris come out with Blitz Part 1 across 5 radiators, I expected to see some dirt or debris come out but I didn't notice anything. Just blue tinted water. There is a small chance that I just got really lucky with the rads and they weren't dirty at all, and the debris came from the fittings, but I have no way of knowing for sure.

System Specs: Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC (2050-2063Mhz) - G. Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz 32GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD
Old 02-06-2019, 11:40 PM
New to Overclock.net
NewUser16 Level 1

Yes I agree those are certainly possibilities. I don't have the capacity to drain it and pull the block apart to clean it right now since it's my only working computer (I'm building another loop for my main system atm) but next time I change the fluid or something I'll do it then. At least if I leave it for a while it will get any other debris out first before I drain it. I haven't seen any additional debris appear over the last week or two though, just the initial bits of crap that ended up in the GPU block.

My main concern was not seeing any debris come out with Blitz Part 1 across 5 radiators, I expected to see some dirt or debris come out but I didn't notice anything. Just blue tinted water. There is a small chance that I just got really lucky with the rads and they weren't dirty at all, and the debris came from the fittings, but I have no way of knowing for sure.
This is one of those things where you might never get to the bottom of it because of so many different possibilities. Maybe your rads were very clean to begin with and this could very well be one logical explanation why you didn't see anything while you were draining Blitz#1

Letting it run until next liquid change, sound like a good idea. If perhaps anything else decides to flake off or uprear out of somewhere, you will get the chance to flash that out and if nothing else will show up, your all good

Last edited by NewUser16; 02-06-2019 at 11:54 PM.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:04 AM
PC Cannibal
DarthBaggins Level 1

So what's this I see on IG about Aurora S?

JAC Temper tantrum
(40 items)
The Box
(10 items)
Jackson's First Rig
(15 items)
CPU
i7 6900k
Motherboard
ASUS x99 Deluxe
GPU
MSI GTX 1080 Ti Aero OC
RAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB DDR4 2400 CL10 (4x 8GB)
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe - Windows 10 Pro
Hard Drive
Inland Professional SSD - Linux Mint 19
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 1TB (RAID 0)
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 1TB (RAID 0)
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (RAID 0)
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (RAID 0)
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Optical Drive
LG GP65NS60
Power Supply
Seasonic 760XP²
Cooling
EKWB Supremacy EVO x99 Nickel/Plexi
Cooling
Corsair ML120 (X6)
Cooling
EK D5 PWM
Cooling
EK EX-RES250 RGB
Cooling
EKWB PE360
Cooling
EK ZMT Tubing 3/8 x 5/8
Cooling
EKWB FC1080TI GTX Nickel Plexi
Case
InWin 303 Black
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Operating System
Ubuntu 14.04LTS (Mate Mod)
Monitor
Acer XF270HU
Keyboard
Cooler Master Master Keys Pro S RGB
Keyboard
iKBC New Poker II (Type-C) with Cherry MX-Browns
Keyboard
Ducky OCN Edition with Cherry MX-Blacks
Mouse
Fnatic Flick G1
Mouse
FinalMouse Scream One
Mouse
Zowie EC1-A Special Edition (White)
Mouse
Logitech G403 Wireless
Mouse
Razer Deathadder Chroima Black Ops 3 Edition
Mousepad
Razer Goliathus Call of Duty: Black Ops III Edition Soft Gaming Mouse Mat, Medium Speed
Audio
Kanto YU2 Gloss White
Audio
Sennheiser PC 360 Special Edition
Audio
Sound Blaster Zx
Other
CableMod Widebeam RGB LED kit (x2)
Other
Mod-One PC Custom Cables
CPU
i7 3770
Motherboard
ASUS P8H61-I R2.0
RAM
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB DDR3 1600 CL8 (2x4GB)
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 500GB SSHD
Power Supply
Seasonic SS-400FL
Case
Lian-Li PC-Q07
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64Bit
Keyboard
iKBC Poker II Type-C - Cherry MX Browns
Mouse
Microsoft Intellimouse Optical 1.1A
CPU
Phenom x6 1055T
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
GPU
EVGA GTX 1050 SC (1923/3600)
RAM
Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB DDR3 1600)
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM
Hard Drive
Corsair Force GS 128GB
Power Supply
Corsair HX620
Cooling
CoolerMaster Masterliquid 120 Lite
Case
Anidees AI7
Operating System
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
Monitor
Asus VS238H
Keyboard
Velocifire TKL w/ Outemu Browns
Mouse
Fnatic Flick G1 w/ CorePad Skates
Mousepad
razer goliathus black ops 3 edition
▲ hide details ▲

Old 02-08-2019, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Old 02-08-2019, 06:31 AM
Almost Canadian
OutlawII Level 1

The best line of the article
Quote:
Mayhems told us that the last offer they sent to Thermaltake was with the intention to put this in the past. They wanted Thermaltake to make a £100 donation to a charity in exchange for permission to use the registered trademark

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in