[Build log] My first water loop to achieve 5Ghz on i5-750 - Page 6 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Build log] My first water loop to achieve 5Ghz on i5-750

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #51 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 01:04 PM
 
 
MrTOOSHORT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location:  Edmonton
Posts: 12,631
Rep: 1501 (Unique: 1043)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReciever View Post

Was 5Ghz ever achieved?




1. You are dreaming - you will not get there

9980XE  •  APEX VI  •  3600CL15  •  KPE 2080TI HC  •  34GK950F-B  •  970 PRO 1TB  •  1600T2  •  800D


MrTOOSHORT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter
Watercooler
 
Gleniu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 630
Rep: 42 (Unique: 39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReciever View Post

Was 5Ghz ever achieved?

Yes, many guys did that with LN2 and dry ice, but only a few people on air. I have reached 4.7 on air and I will probably not get much higher on water (we'll see, maybe 0.1 more). Definitely not with 4 cores.
My chip is 3 years old, I imagine it makes a difference as well.
Gleniu is offline  
post #53 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 02:14 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
TheReciever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 11,316
Rep: 434 (Unique: 322)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTOOSHORT View Post

1. You are dreaming - you will not get there

A lot of people said 5Ghz was impossible for a great many CPU's, this is OCN though rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleniu View Post

Yes, many guys did that with LN2 and dry ice, but only a few people on air. I have reached 4.7 on air and I will probably not get much higher on water (we'll see, maybe 0.1 more). Definitely not with 4 cores.
My chip is 3 years old, I imagine it makes a difference as well.

Well pump enough volts and see what you can achieve, maybe not for a bench stable but at least for a suicide run

Biased rPGA and MXM 3.0A/B Elitest.
TheReciever is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #54 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter
Watercooler
 
Gleniu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 630
Rep: 42 (Unique: 39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReciever View Post

A lot of people said 5Ghz was impossible for a great many CPU's, this is OCN though rolleyes.gif
Well pump enough volts and see what you can achieve, maybe not for a bench stable but at least for a suicide run

Thanks TheReciever. I will do biggrin.gif Maybe it's time for a new CPU tongue.gif
Gleniu is offline  
post #55 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter
Watercooler
 
Gleniu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 630
Rep: 42 (Unique: 39)
i5 750 @ 4.9Ghz on water!

After a good overclocking session I got this:


http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2751587


That was a very good lesson for such a noob overclocker like me thumb.gif
A few hundred reboots is priceless biggrin.gif

Technically (applying mathematical rounding) it is 4.9 Ghz... so close and so far away at the same time tongue.gif
Anyway, my first water loop was a great fun and I really love my 4.9 Ghz overclock thumb.gif
That's more than 2Ghz from base clock or 83% overcklock on water thumb.gif
And 4 cores enabled biggrin.gif
Gleniu is offline  
post #56 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 06:49 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
TheReciever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 11,316
Rep: 434 (Unique: 322)
add more rad lol

Nice run!

Biased rPGA and MXM 3.0A/B Elitest.
TheReciever is offline  
post #57 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 04:21 AM - Thread Starter
Watercooler
 
Gleniu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 630
Rep: 42 (Unique: 39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReciever View Post

add more rad lol

Nice run!

Thanks. I will be back with dry ice wink.gif
Gleniu is offline  
post #58 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 04:32 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
DJKAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hannover, Germany
Posts: 198
Rep: 15 (Unique: 14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleniu View Post

Thanks. I will be back with dry ice wink.gif

I´ve just seen your thread and build.
Great work!
Would like to see you push the last Gigahertz! thumb.gif


Skythe Mugen2 Rev. B STEALTH MOD
htc 8x Windows Phone
DJKAY is offline  
post #59 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 04:37 AM
 
 
MrTOOSHORT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location:  Edmonton
Posts: 12,631
Rep: 1501 (Unique: 1043)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleniu View Post

i5 750 @ 4.9Ghz on water!

After a good overclocking session I got this:


http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2751587


That was a very good lesson for such a noob overclocker like me thumb.gif
A few hundred reboots is priceless biggrin.gif

Technically (applying mathematical rounding) it is 4.9 Ghz... so close and so far away at the same time tongue.gif
Anyway, my first water loop was a great fun and I really love my 4.9 Ghz overclock thumb.gif
That's more than 2Ghz from base clock or 83% overcklock on water thumb.gif
And 4 cores enabled biggrin.gif

This is a good frequency/score with an I5 750 on water. I didn't think you could get this close to 5GHz, very good job!thumb.gif

9980XE  •  APEX VI  •  3600CL15  •  KPE 2080TI HC  •  34GK950F-B  •  970 PRO 1TB  •  1600T2  •  800D


MrTOOSHORT is offline  
post #60 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 04:48 AM - Thread Starter
Watercooler
 
Gleniu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 630
Rep: 42 (Unique: 39)
Gleniu is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off