Do 90 degree bends in loops actually affect cooling..? - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Do 90 degree bends in loops actually affect cooling..?

Closed Thread

post #21 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah there are these people that are like hell bent on convincing others of just crap

I mean I dont plan on having many 90 or even any most likely, but seriously from the get go I was just like how in the hell could this possibly actually significantly impact performance...

Jesus christ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 09:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 66 (Unique: 58)
I wouldn't worry too much about elbows in the loop. I have a lanig D5 in my loop and quite a large amount of 90 degree turns. Plus add the fact of having three rads. which are essentially a large collection of 180 degree turns. My flow is quite sttrong and pushes up a decent fountain in my res. as it returns.

You can see a series of 4 90's right off of the cpu block. I had to do this to complete such close proximity block linking.

In summary, do what every you want,but keep 90's a little distance from the pump inlet and outlet

My 2cents.gif

post #23 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 09:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 143 (Unique: 106)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZytheEKS View Post

Actually most radiators use a dual pass U flow system, so half of the tubes are all running in parallel. The combined area of the chambers running in parallel is usually quite a bit larger than the tubing you are using, and the chambers themselves have no bends or curves, but rather the chambers at the end create the U flow. This means most radiators will add little to no restriction to a loop tongue.gif

THEN there's the radiators that use tubes with 180 degree turns instead of chambers and charge 3x more money , because **** logic, that's why!

Quite true... I was referring to the latter in my post, but I guess I should have specified... my alphacools are definitely less restrictive than my tubing. I should have been clearer. smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 09:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 660 (Unique: 521)
Umm, I definitely get more harmonically balanced data transfers with slightly more musical IOPS with my Titanium Unobtanium alloy SATA cables, and they were a blessed by the Angolian Monks of The Order of the Scambodians....

Let's not forget the mystical rejuvenating powers of reindeer urine in a water loop. It's the best way to go, no, the ONLY way! The rest of you just don't know any better tongue.gif

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places"Ernest Hemingway
sniper.gifS.T.A.L.K.E.R FAN CLUB aaskull.gif

~*~ THE TAO OF BACKUP ~*~

PLEASE DOUBLE-CHECK ANY ANSWERS I MAY PROVIDE, AS I AM HUMAN AND QUITE FALLIBLE
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Rooted & Running JBSourcery FINAL & LeanKernel Experimental
post #25 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 09:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

post #26 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 10:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 315 (Unique: 212)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiCiDAL View Post

That's what I've been doing wrong... I was using Chilean llama urine in mine! doh.gif Sub-ambient water temps here I come! redface.gif

I just vent the heat into an alternate dimension using a quantum warp relay. Sub ambient? ***** I get sub-absolute zero temps! Because seriously, **** LOGIC!

You may feel popular, but you will never be as legendary as this thread!

Current Projects: Wyvern

~0101101001111001011101000110100001100101
post #27 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-30-2013, 05:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 660 (Unique: 521)
Ah, yes, the elusive Dimensional-Warping Molecular-Level-Thermologically-Balanced Carbon Nanotube Hexaduple Quad-Phase 17-Parallel-Dimension Quantum-Tunneling Space-Fabric Rift block, with its accompanying Anti-Gravity Einsteinium-alloyed Magnetorheological Sub-Zero Kelvin Thermal Interface Material...
I heard that it recently beat out the popular Unicorn rainbow-poop and Ground-Up Leprechaun 50:50 pre-mix as the best performing cooler...? Any truth to this?

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places"Ernest Hemingway
sniper.gifS.T.A.L.K.E.R FAN CLUB aaskull.gif

~*~ THE TAO OF BACKUP ~*~

PLEASE DOUBLE-CHECK ANY ANSWERS I MAY PROVIDE, AS I AM HUMAN AND QUITE FALLIBLE
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Rooted & Running JBSourcery FINAL & LeanKernel Experimental
post #28 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-30-2013, 05:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 315 (Unique: 212)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nleksan View Post

Ah, yes, the elusive Dimensional-Warping Molecular-Level-Thermologically-Balanced Carbon Nanotube Hexaduple Quad-Phase 17-Parallel-Dimension Quantum-Tunneling Space-Fabric Rift block, with its accompanying Anti-Gravity Einsteinium-alloyed Magnetorheological Sub-Zero Kelvin Thermal Interface Material...
I heard that it recently beat out the popular Unicorn rainbow-poop and Ground-Up Leprechaun 50:50 pre-mix as the best performing cooler...? Any truth to this?

Well with my current overclock my computer runs so fast it actually dials back time while it's loading when I click on something, so it opens before I actually click it, and I'm getting about -75kelvin as far as temps. How does the rainbow-**** and leprechaun perform under the effects of temporal manipulation?

You may feel popular, but you will never be as legendary as this thread!

Current Projects: Wyvern

~0101101001111001011101000110100001100101
post #29 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-30-2013, 07:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 11)
Guys, I'm adjusting PLLs and SA and no matter what I do I can't activate the Stårgåte or get the double rainbow going. What am I doing wrong?

I don't trust Prime95 because it doesn't throttle the processor, therefore it doesn't grab instability based on load transients. IBT runs 10 tests that throttle the CPU with each test. Even though they both show 100% Proc, watch the temps . . . rolleyes.gif
i5-3570k| i7-3820|i5-4690k
[img]http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/2847907.png

[img]http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/dn0cf3-2.png
post #30 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-30-2013, 07:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynchronicBoost View Post

Guys, I'm adjusting PLLs and SA and no matter what I do I can't activate the Stårgåte or get the double rainbow going. What am I doing wrong?

Needs more cowbell I think.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in