So, I got my h100i yesterday... - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

So, I got my h100i yesterday...

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 3)
... and I freaking love it. Installing it was... a chore to say the least. The only way I would install it in my case, was to put the fans inside, and the rad on the outside. I could only use the 8 long screws to secure the whole thing.

So, after messing with it, It finally went into the case.

It will fit in a Tempest 410 Elite, but its a bit of pain if you have a high mobo. (more specifically if your Ram slots are high up on your Mobo)

The only way I could put it in was to put the rad ontop, and the fans on the inside of the case. Even with it like that, I could only secure it using the 8 long screws. I could NOT mount it in any way using the 8 smaller screws and 8 fan screws. The way the holes on the top of the case are, the fans would use the same holes to mount the rad.

He didn't like me taking over the table. (he loves to sleep up there) sozo.gif

And after testing, and more testing I'm stable at 4.5Ghz with temps around 70 in with Prime! wheee.gif

I might try to go higher later on, but I'm content with this. thumb.gif

LoLZ (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOwlHootHoot 
GIBBERISH??? My MSI Radeon 7950 are made with the bones of dead terrorist and F-16 parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 08:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 58 (Unique: 53)
Not too bad, you may be able to push it further you should get to 4.6-4.8GHz at 1.4v. This all depends on how good the power regulation is on the board tho, but I think it will be fine

Remember to abuse that offset mode and the turbo voltage to you can keep the idle temps and volts down.

a

a
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 08:35 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 31 (Unique: 13)
What fan preset or rpm have you found best if you dont mind me asking thumb.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mam72 View Post

Not too bad, you may be able to push it further you should get to 4.6-4.8GHz at 1.4v. This all depends on how good the power regulation is on the board tho, but I think it will be fine

Remember to abuse that offset mode and the turbo voltage to you can keep the idle temps and volts down.

Mhm. I need to read up a bit more about my board, because it uses offsets instead of a straight manual vcore number. I might try to get it down a bit lower, but I'm happy with it atm. smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSharkington View Post

What fan preset or rpm have you found best if you dont mind me asking thumb.gif

Right now, I have them at 1700rpm. I'm still messing around with them during games/tests. 1700-1800 seems to be the sweet spot for me for cooling/noise.

LoLZ (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOwlHootHoot 
GIBBERISH??? My MSI Radeon 7950 are made with the bones of dead terrorist and F-16 parts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in