The loop is closed and connected! Did a loop test for about an hour or two and decided it was enough, and hooked everything up and it all works!
This loop setup obviously isn't working, unfortunately, as it was my preferred one.
Didn't have much luck with this one either. Tubing can be very rigid and hard to maneauver when it's short.
Ended up with this. CPU -> Mosfet -> MB Chipset -> GPU -> Pump2 -> Left Radiator -> Right Radiator -> Pump 1 -> CPU.
It actually works out quite alright and looks good too.
Inside loop is complete, with an easy drain system.
Drilled holes and mounted the pump!
Disconnected my previous "no PC parts connected" test loop (hence the towel). Carpet enjoyed some water.
Loop complete and leak testing! Picture is overly bright as I had a lamp shining brightly on the parts so I could spot liquid easier.
The other side of the leak testing process... everything is still a big mess, I need to figure out how I will mount the fan controller and I need a proper switch for the CCFL.
I need a course in cable management. Since this is now part of my setup too (everywhere my loop goes is part of the setup I suppose), I will sort this out soon.
I have not yet pinned the tubing to my bed/desk/wall etc, so what else should I have used to guide the tubing?! Heavy engineering books ftw!
Alive and running! Still need to smooth out the edges obviously.
Crappy panaroma, but this is how it looks now, not bad, just need some cable management and cleaning skills.
To do list:
- Sort out fan controller, I'm not getting the speeds I desire (1600rpm fans are only running at 1250rpm when maxed out)
- CCFL light needs to be turned on! Need a proper 2-pin inverter cable + switch
- Cable management at the window section, beneath my desk and inside my case
- Pin/mount the tubing to static surfaces like my bed, desk or wall
- The weather to stop raining so I can actually open the window and enjoy being Chilled by Nature
- Benching, testing different pump/fan speeds, etc
Right now I am have my window section shut off entirely. 1 pump is running and a bunch of YL 800rpm case fans (so radiator is passively cooled at the moment). My idle temps are 30C for the GPU and 35C for the CPU. And it's very very silent. That is all for now! To be continued!