[Official] Antec Kühler H2O 650 & 950 & 1250 Owners Club & Impressions Thread - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
View Poll Results: Which Antec Kühler H2O do you have?
Antec Kühler H2O 650 15 26.32%
Antec Kühler H2O 950 20 35.09%
Antec Kühler H2O 1250 22 38.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Antec Kühler H2O 650 & 950 & 1250 Owners Club & Impressions Thread

post #1 of 283 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter
TotallydubbedHD on YT

Rep: 627 (Unique: 350)
Hey guys and girls!

Note: I will be adding more information - club membership and so on - soon.
Currently it is very centred around the 1250 and not the two other models, but that's because there is very little information out there right now on any of the new Antec 2013 line and thus having the Antec 1250 myself, I can at least provide as much information as possible for you guys in that respect.

After having the 620 & 950 club being very successful, I thought to create a new thread show-casing the new Antec 2013 line.
I'm very lucky to have had the 1250 sent to me by Antec for review and thus I'm able to test it in a variety of manners. A full review of the Antec 1250 will be written in the OCN database and be linked over here when complete.

The new Antec line is a little different from the other cooling solutions out there in the market, including the old Antec line that's currently out there. This mainly comes from the design of the pump and fans. Whereas other liquid coolers have the pumps separate from the fans, the new Antec line has the pump integrated within the fan design. This can be seen as a double edged sword: A lot of the previous Antec owners, like myself replaced the stock fans, due to their noise they would create. This no longer seems to be possible with the new Antec 2013 line as the pump is integrated with the fan. On the other hand, this provides a better design and temps for the user.

More so, the Antec 1250 is one of the very first all-in-one (AIO) liquid coolers to have not one, but two pumps integrated within its design. This can be potentially extremely great for modders that want to cool their GPUs with a single cooling solution.

Finally the only real difference between the 650 and 950 is the radiator thickness and the bundled software. Just as it was in the older line.

Update: December 2013: New & improved revision
I should mention here that Antec have made a revision to their new line of coolers with the "V2" model. This won't be displayed as V2 in shops, but for the sake of this thread and the understanding of it - I have put it as V2 for the newer revision.
The way to tell if you have the new revision or not is by looking at the pump and fans. The newer revision comes with "a changed the fan configuration, redesign of the pump and fan motor, 8 long screws will be now included for push/pull, fans can now be removable (although only replaced by Antec designed fans for the time being), fans have more fins and the fans are not an open air design, the new fans actually have some rails on the fan blade."
Basically, the easiest way to tell is to look at the fans - the newer revision has more fan blades/fins.

Purchasing the new Antec 2013 line, online:
-OCUK
-Newegg USA

My PC rig:
  • i7 3770k which has been de-lidded running at a voltage of 1.27v @ 4.5ghz
  • MSI GTX680 OC
  • Asus Sabertooth Z77
  • 4x4GB GB Corsair Vengeance RAM running at 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 2N
  • Fractal R4 case
  • Corsair AX750W PSU
  • Corsair Force GT SSD running Windows 7 & Samsung HDD running Windows 8.1

Antec 1250 section

Antec 1250 information links
-Antec website link of the 1250
-Antec 1250 information flyer

Product pictures of the Antec Kühler H2O 1250 & V2:
Note: The washers pictures weren't included in the packaging and were taken from my Antec 920 - however should normally be provided.

1250 V2: Click to view (Click to show)

1250 V2 with the fan removed: Click to view (Click to show)

Antec 1250 Original Version Click to View (Click to show)

Pictures of the Antec Kühler H2O 1250 in my system: Click to view (Click to show)

Pictures of the Antec Kühler H2O 1250 with the stock Antec 920 fans acting as push/pull: Click to view (Click to show)

Videos of the Antec Kühler H2O 1250

Unboxing video:
The extra splitter I discovered during my unboxing is for you to have a pull/push config.

Installation guide

Take-off video with the Antec 920 fans installed:

My review of the Antec1250:

Gamers Nexus review of the Antec1250:

Impressions of the Antec Kühler H2O 1250:
In order to have some impressions and tests of the Antec 1250 I did 5 Gflops on Intel Burn-in Test (IBT) at 12,500MB RAM - meaning each test would last around 40minutes at FULL LOAD.

-My ambient temps are between 23c and 28c. My room is nice and warm smile.gif

-I ran 8 tests with my My Antec 1250 & V2:
1. 1250 on push configuration ONLY on SILENT mode: Max temp was 75c
2. 1250 on push configuration ONLY on EXTREME mode: Max temp was 70c
3. 1250 on push/pull configuration (using the Antec 920's 4-pin PWM fans as pull) on SILENT mode: Max temp was 72c
4. 1250 on push configuration (using the Antec 920's 4-pin PWM fans as pull) on EXTREME mode: Max temp was 68c

5. 1250 V2 on push configuration ONLY on SILENT mode: Max temp was 71c
6. 1250 V2 on push configuration ONLY on EXTREME mode: Max temp was 66c
7. 1250 V2 on push/pull configuration (using the Antec 920's 4-pin PWM fans as pull) on SILENT mode: Max temp was 70c
8. 1250 V2 on push configuration (using the Antec 920's 4-pin PWM fans as pull) on EXTREME mode: Max temp was 64c

So far, the provided software is a huge improvement over the last one and is quite excellent.
I especially like how the RGB light can be adjusted with the liquid temps - meaning you can go from white to red on your Antec LED colour, simply off your liquid temps (it doe sit automatically)

1250 Silent:

1250 V2 Silent:

1250 Extreme:

1250 V2 Extreme:

1250 Silent on push/pull:

1250 V2 Silent on push/pull:

1250 Extreme on push/pull:

1250 V2 Extreme on push/pull:

Re-seated the cooler and applied MX-2 - pea sized dot - no change in temps with it on PUSH ONLY + Extreme: Click to view (Click to show)

So I finished up with my Antec 1250 and put it aside and put my Antec 920 back in.
I put the stock fans and applied my new MX-4 paste (I used to have MX-2 in the previous tests)

Max temp at silent: 83c
Max temp at extreme: 75c
Click to view (Click to show)

My max temps with my SP120's (using the bios/motherboard to sort out the ramp) was 75c with MX-4 paste: Click to view (Click to show)

Between the two coolers (920 & 1250):
-8c difference on silent modes with the 1250 on PUSH ONLY
-11c difference on silent modes both on push/pull
-5c difference on extreme modes with the 1250 on PUSH ONLY
-7c difference on extreme modes both on push/pull

The newer revision however brings better temperatures, and thus when you put the 920 and 1250V2 against each other, you see bigger temperature differences:
-12c difference on silent modes with the 1250 V2 on PUSH ONLY (4c improvement)
-13c difference on silent modes both on push/pull (2c improvement)
-9c difference on extreme modes with the 1250 V2 on PUSH ONLY (4c improvement)
-11c difference on extreme modes both on push/pull (4c improvement)

Here is that information displayed as a graph:

Here are the sound levels of the Antec 920 vs the Antec 1250:
Note: I didn't have any professional equipment to give an accurate result and thus used an app on my phone, however the VARIANCES between the sound levels (such as the Antec 920 on silent vs extreme) seem to correlate with reviews I have found online - by that I mean, I observed 18dB difference between the two modes on my Antec 920 and this seems to be in-line with professional reviews that I've seen online:
24dB difference: http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/cooling/31078-antec-kuhler-hsub2subo-920-cpu-cooler-review/?page=6
28dB difference: http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/4051/antec_k_hler_h2o_920_liquid_cooling_cpu_cooler_review/index8.html
23dB difference: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Antec-Kuhler-H2O-920-CPU-Cooler-Review/1314/6

Video demonstrating the differences of the 920 and 1250:

Finally, I should also mention that the tubes are long enough to have it so that in my Fractal R4 - you can have it from the front for example.

Written online reviews of the Antec Kühler H2O 1250:
-Kitguru
-Tweak.dk
-Gamers Nexus
-[H]ardOCP

Antec 950 section
Antec 950 information links
-Antec website link of the 950
-Antec 950 information flyer

Written online reviews of the Antec Kühler H2O 950:
-[H]ardOCP
-PureOC

Antec 650 section
Antec 1250 information links
-Antec website link of the 650
-Antec 650 information flyer

Written online reviews of the Antec Kühler H2O 650:
-650 review by Pure OC
-eTeknix

Antec 650/950/1250 club information

Here's the sign up form!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1UNHA-fdtbE3fdkofsWF2rUyK_2fU99auDS7PwPFGwAQ/viewform

Here's the Spreadsheet!
It will automatically update after awhile and you should see your name come up in here after adding it via the sing-up form

Adding this thread in your signature:
Here's the signature code: Code (Click to show)
Code:
:Snorkle:[B][COLOR="Blue"][URL="https://www.overclock.net/t/1442697/official-antec-k-hler-h2o-650-950-1250-owners-club-impressions-thread"]Antec Kühler H2O 650/950/1250 Club[/URL][/COLOR][/B]:Snorkle:

Here's how it will look like:
Snorkle.gifAntec Kühler H2O 650/950/1250 ClubSnorkle.gif

Hope this post was helpful thumb.gif
-Totally Dubbed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 283 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Networking Nut

Rep: 20 (Unique: 20)
So if one or both of the fans fail, can they be replaced? Or does the whole unit have to be an RMA. I would assume Antec would sell the fans separately so you could do the repair yourself, but they will probably fix a ton of these and sell them as refurbished in the future. Overall, for the cooling performance and simplicity, I would go with the H110 or the X60.
post #3 of 283 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 05:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nramotar23 View Post

So if one or both of the fans fail, can they be replaced? Or does the whole unit have to be an RMA. I would assume Antec would sell the fans separately so you could do the repair yourself, but they will probably fix a ton of these and sell them as refurbished in the future. Overall, for the cooling performance and simplicity, I would go with the H110 or the X60.

This our first designed units, we are still in testing on a unit that you can optionally replace the fan. We wanted to check the performance of these units and the advantages of the pump mounted outside of the cooling plate. If the fan went bad, you'd definitely have to RMA the whole unit, sorry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 283 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter
TotallydubbedHD on YT

Hey guys!
So Antec updated me with this very cool news:

"Our Engineers have already started on revising the 1250, they already have a v2.0 in the works. All I can say is that the changed the fan configuration, redesign the pump and fan motor, will be including 8 long screws, fans can now be removable, fan has more fins and the fans are not an open air design, the new fans actually have some rails on the fan blade."

Fingers crossed - let's see smile.gif

EDIT:
Added to OP:
Installation guide:

EDIT2: Added a lot more info of how it compares to the Antec920 in the OP!

post #5 of 283 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013, 07:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 11)
is this new design considered a success?

/
post #6 of 283 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 07:04 PM
RET 0

Location: 'stralia, whereh teh weahter canneh dehcide whet et wahnts te beh.
Rep: 99 (Unique: 78)
after seeing the 650 on pccasegear at such a cheap price, this looks to be a pretty neat idea, albeit bulky and you loose flexibility...

seeing as the fan and pump are one unit, is the fan automatically controlled by a thermal sensor inside the pump? also does the 1250 have two working pumps? because both are great ideas for the performance of the units... Id imagine the position of the pumps would make it very unlikely for them to get air stuck inside too...

I think my only concern apart from size would be fan+pump vibration, don't think it could be as bad as the stock fans on my thermaltake, but if its bad enough... ugh...

post #7 of 283 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 10:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

Hey guys!
So Antec updated me with this very cool news:

"Our Engineers have already started on revising the 1250, they already have a v2.0 in the works. All I can say is that the changed the fan configuration, redesign the pump and fan motor, will be including 8 long screws, fans can now be removable, fan has more fins and the fans are not an open air design, the new fans actually have some rails on the fan blade."

Fingers crossed - let's see smile.gif
SO this has just become available at my LCS, and now its being revised into a V2, so I'm guessing I wait and buy the improved version?

post #8 of 283 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 03:45 AM - Thread Starter
TotallydubbedHD on YT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dioxholster View Post

is this new design considered a success?

there's very few people in the world that actually have these right now.
If you ask me - I think it is a logical and good step from the previous generation.

The 1250 is the impressive one - as it sports two pumps - and in that respect I would say that's a huge success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul17041993 View Post

after seeing the 650 on pccasegear at such a cheap price, this looks to be a pretty neat idea, albeit bulky and you loose flexibility...

seeing as the fan and pump are one unit, is the fan automatically controlled by a thermal sensor inside the pump? also does the 1250 have two working pumps? because both are great ideas for the performance of the units... Id imagine the position of the pumps would make it very unlikely for them to get air stuck inside too...

I think my only concern apart from size would be fan+pump vibration, don't think it could be as bad as the stock fans on my thermaltake, but if its bad enough... ugh...

The fan is controlled via the software actually - the pump is just integrated in the fan design. With that said, I don't have the 650 - but I'm basing that off my 1250 experience.
The 1250, does indeed have two pumps!

Fans and pump vibration is something I wouldn't be worried about at all to be honest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludge View Post

SO this has just become available at my LCS, and now its being revised into a V2, so I'm guessing I wait and buy the improved version?

I would personally wait, yes.
There should be no difference in performance, but for noise (possibly) and the possibility to exchange fans - it's a worthwhile wait in that respect.

post #9 of 283 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter
post #10 of 283 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 11:50 AM
RET 0

Location: 'stralia, whereh teh weahter canneh dehcide whet et wahnts te beh.
Rep: 99 (Unique: 78)
if the frame the fan+pump sits on actually levitates over bits of rubber similar to the ArcticCooling fans, that would be absolutely brilliant, is that frame made of a hard plastic or is it more soft and rubbery that could absorb any vibration? I have to question this just from the noise my thermaltake emits, pump sends vibration through the motherboard and into the case panels and the fans at full tilt give the impression I have a V8 (engine) in there, even with stacks of rubber gaskets...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in