I got around to updating my water cooling setup the other day. I ordered some new tubing to replacing the old stuff. I also got a Petra's pump top from Sidewinder to improve flow. Up to this point I was using my modded MCP350 but I had a 1/2" ID fitting going into the pump and a stock 3/8" fitting exiting the pump. Now I'm running 1/2" ID fittings all around.
-First thing I did was empty out my loop and replaced the old cloudy tubing. I added some fresh new tygon (pic #1). This time I used the tygon with a thicker wall to keep from bending.
-Next thing I did was swap out my epoxy-modded stock pump top with the one from Petra's (pic #2).
-Then I pulled out the blocks (pic #3) and took them apart for cleaning (pic #4). I used Calcium Lime Remover to get all the crap stuck in my Storm G5's jets out (pic #5).
-From there it was onto lapping. I lapped both my Storm G5 and my Maze 4 with 1000, 1500 & 2000 grit sandpaper (pic #6).
-After many hours of tedious work, I assembled everything and filled it with 95% distilled water & 5% Evan's Racing Coolant (pic #7).
-Once it was up and running I added several drops of blue UV dye and got the finished product (pics #8 & 9).
I was literally at it for like 10 hours and only got a few degree difference in temps but it's so much cleaner. I also re-routed the tubing going into the CPU block by drilling another hole in the back of my case.
I think you will like you 18W DC...I love mine..I've been running it for three months now with no problems..The little things are nipping at the heels of the MD20....2 in series would be sick.......You have the finest CPU block ever made in my opinion, Lucky Guy....
Thanks, I took one pic with the camera on a 2 second timer, then turned the lights on and took another one. Make sure you use the timer and have your camera mounted on a tripod or something steady to avoid shake.