[Build Log] Project V (Anime/Gaming) Code name "Yuna" - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Build Log] Project V (Anime/Gaming) Code name "Yuna"

post #1 of 215 (permalink) Old 12-26-2013, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 69 (Unique: 60)

Yuna's Build log

Alright this is my first attempt at a WC Setup. I initially was browsing around back in July for a good case as I was considering upgrading when IB-E came out and just wanted to grab a new board, case , CPU and memory, thinking it'd be under 1k to upgrade from my 980X. After asking between a Cosmos II and the 900D in their respective owner threads, people kept throwing the Case Lab's cases at me and I kept saying it was way over the budget I was looking for.

Finally almost decided on an Air 540 from Corsair, after which the RIVE-BE was announced and I was dead set on it, so I had to hold off on buying parts. Well low and behold someone in the OC section was going on about how Air Cooling is a JOKE if you're gonna be buying a 500$ board and a 1k chip as well as top of the line hardware, and they weren't dissing air cooling just they highly believed that people should take a look @ WC as an option to get the best out of their investment. I took a step back and agreed. Returned the Case and my unopened H100i, fast forward a few months and now I'm the proud owner of a TH10.

Many of you may know me from the many threads and 1000's of questions I've asked to verify on over the past few months, and I greatly appreciate all the feedback and thanks to you guys + google and other forums + coming back here to validate, I've learned quite a bit and still am in the process of learning ever more.

Anywhoo the boring side aside I want to thank everyone that contributed to destroying my wallet and pushing me this direction. I'm highly looking forward to what this will bring me. I'm tired of having to crank or set up custom fan profiles and have things @ 80% on some games where SLI or other things aren't coded or prepped to which I'll over heat if I don't set fans to infinity. I'm looking for quiet or closer too and this is the first step in that direction as well as the sexiness that this brings to the room.

I'm an anime fan and avid collector as well as a BIG fan of retro games as I grew up in the 8 bit era of NES and others. So after thinking about it and looking over parts the thought dawned on me to do a retro anime / gamer theme as I've seen none online. Mine will be dual sided and will take a bit of preparation so I'll need to measure out as I go but I have a good vision on this with a good Metroid theme brewing.

Anywhoo here's the parts list thus far. I've had a few hiccups such as a couple packages getting lost, and over 200$ in shipping being refunded atm which is nice.

The breakdown of this will be

• Case - TH10
  • Motherboard - Asus Rampage iV Black edition
  • CPU - 4960X
  • RAM - G.Skill Trident X 2400 64GB
  • SSD - 1TB
  • HDD - 4x 2 TB ( may purchase 2x 4 TB to replace the old ones)
  • RADS - UT60 480's x 4
  • Tubing - Acrylic 1/2" OD
  • GPU - Titans x 3

Will keep this updated as I go , been meaning to start this for a while but due to much needed research and lost shipments I didn't want to have long waiting periods. Again this is my first EVER attempt at building a watercooling rig, so please do NOT expect a ton out of this, I will try my best to get it within my vision, and will be continuously improving on it.

Will be updating this w/ main shots as I go.

Avid Anime collector, a hobby that makes this hobby look cheap, as well as gets in the way of it rolleyes.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skupples 
Don't do business with NCIX!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 215 (permalink) Old 12-26-2013, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Backdating a bit, as I've been taking some pics as things come in.

RIVE BE Finally arrives!

Kept it in case till the TH10 arrived.

Surprisingly wasn't as HUGE as I had imagined, WHICH in some ways is good !

Little Justin helpin out, though I think he's liking the plastic more than what's inside tongue.gif

Aww she's a beauty, can't wait to bust it open and see what's inside. Gonna need some assistance with this one.

Avid Anime collector, a hobby that makes this hobby look cheap, as well as gets in the way of it rolleyes.gif
Quote:
post #3 of 215 (permalink) Old 12-26-2013, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

First thing's first, After taking out the paper and other goodies inside ( People have seen these images over and over so skipping to the good stuff )

The tech station is a beautiful piece of work. Wish the legs could stay on during insertion lol.

Back shot of the RIVBE

Ez P-Z to mount.

Alright gonna need some assistance breaking out the packaging and the doors alike.

With help from Shana and Zoro the job is done quickly~

Assistance from Yoko for the Trident Sticks

Then some help from the Windows Mascots ( OS-Tan's) and ofc who better yet to install the CPU than Konata from Lucky star ( Yes that's the 4960X)

Since we're waiting on the other parts to arrive in the mail going to put everything back in.

And last but not least as I only have the core hardware at the moment, the PSU, which since I have a 3rd Titan incoming, I'll be needing to get it a 2ndary.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 215 (permalink) Old 12-26-2013, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Arrival of a few packages.

Go my XSPC Razor Titan Blocks, and my Acrylic kit for 13mm wheee.gif

At first when I checked the pump box here, I thought that it was missed due to them sleeving it and or just forgotten by accident.

Turns out they just sleeved it and installed it for my in my new Monsoon Series II ResBay Red Edition. Also that XSPC Photon 270 is huge compared to photos I've seen, though I LOVE it, just need to figure out how I'll mount it near the board... hmmmm

Quote:
post #5 of 215 (permalink) Old 12-26-2013, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Some issues w/ lost packages w/ USPS and among those package are my RAD's / CPU blocks so kinda hard to start w/ some of this w/o them, seems I'm not the only one that as it seems to be a wide spread issue w/ things coming from the east coast. More updates tomorrow, heading to bed for tonight! Will be going over and revising / editing / spell checking things later.

Quote:
post #6 of 215 (permalink) Old 12-26-2013, 11:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 737 (Unique: 415)
subbin it up friend biggrin.gif glad to see you finally started it up.
post #7 of 215 (permalink) Old 12-26-2013, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by szeged View Post

subbin it up friend biggrin.gif glad to see you finally started it up.

Thanks Lol, been meaning to sit down and finally organize photos together, edit etc, and do the write up biggrin.gif hoping I don't dissapoint with this. Here's hoping both our shipping problems w/ USPS get fixed soon!

cheers.gif

Quote:
post #8 of 215 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 09:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Looks like a fun build! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Corsair 900D, i7-4930K, ASUS Sabertooth X79, 16GB g.skill trident x 2400, 2 Evga Geforce GTX780Ti, 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD, 2 4TB Hitachi HD's, 3 ASUS MX279H 27" in Surround
post #9 of 215 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 10:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
subbed! looks like our builds share both reservoirs as well as the RIVBE thumb.gif
looking forward to your progress.
post #10 of 215 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 10:51 AM
I've no idea what I'm doi

Rep: 86 (Unique: 62)
Call me when you use it to summon Ixion.

Muh Lappy
(14 items)
The Experiment
(10 items)
CPU
Intel Core i5-7300HQ
Motherboard
Some dell thingy
GPU
Nvidia GeForce GTX1050
RAM
1x8GB DDR4-2400
Hard Drive
HP S700 PRO
Hard Drive
Kingston UV400
Power Supply
130W power brick yo
Cooling
Some dell thingy
Case
A dell thingy
Operating System
Windows 10 Home
Monitor
AUO63ED
Keyboard
A flexy Dell thingy
Mouse
Nixeus Revel/Corsair Harpoon
Audio
Creative SoundBlaster E1
CPU
AMD Athlon XP 1800+
Motherboard
Biostar M7VIG
GPU
Gigabyte GeForce FX5200
RAM
1GB DDR-PC3200
Hard Drive
Seagate 40GB
Power Supply
Dell 200W
Cooling
AMD Socket A Heatsink
Operating System
Windows XP Home x86
Monitor
AOC 177Sa-1
Keyboard
Northgate KB-558
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in