help me with water cooling parts - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

help me with water cooling parts

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 03:40 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
hi , i am willing to go for water cooling and i need to know what parts should i need for my current build the best quality for the buck does it worth water cooling for my purpose or just go for air cooling i need this build to last me for 3 years only .

the build is for 4k gaming in a single 4k monitor and some heavy workstation .

my build :

CPU \ Intel Core i7-4960X. will overclocked it soon .
SSD\( Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SV300S37A/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA for os) and Crucial M500 960GB 2.5-inch Internal
Mobo \ ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition.
RAM \ G.SKILL Trident X Computer RAM 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240Pin DDR3 2400
OS\ windows 8.1 pro 64bit
GPU \ single Zotac gtx 670 AMP 2GB yah yah i know it is sucks but i will change it for the latest gpu 2- way or my be 3-way SLI or crossfire once i bought a 4k monitor i think i will go for gtx 780 ti . .
PSU \ CORSAIR AX1200i 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified .

Case \ Corsair Vengeance Series C70 Military Green Steel ATX Mid Tower .

monitor \ this is the most important part of my build right now i have a stone age low pixel 1080p monitor mad.gif i must change it to a 4k monitor and i will take the Asus PB287Q 4K once it released , hopefully it come with G-SYNC or we get the option to install it , just a single 4k monitor to get 60 FPS without sacrificing a single beauty noticeable details in a big title games and the upcoming next gen games .

i need every details for the parts please and with links would be nice too proof.gif

my build :

CPU \ Intel Core i7-4960X.
CPU cooler \ corsair h100
Mobo \ ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition.
RAM \ G.SKILL Trident X Computer RAM 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240Pin DDR3 2400
OS\ windows 8.1 pro 64bit
GPU \ 2 of evga gtx 780 ti classified (2 way SLI ) .
PSU \ CORSAIR AX1200i 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified .
Case \ Corsair Vengeance Series C70 Military Green Steel ATX Mid Tower .
monitor \ Samsung U28D590D 4K via DP v1.2 overclocked it to 67hz but 63hz was more stable but in 67hz unnoticeable thin black line flash every 20 sec .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 06:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 277 (Unique: 203)
Check out the Water Cooling Essentials thread. Tons of useful information there. For me, I'm always a bit hesitant to just point out parts to people asking "Build me loop for me" without doing research. There's a lot that goes into water cooling and without proper research beforehand, things could go very wrong. When I built my first loop is did months and months of reading and research before even thinking about buying any parts.
These links are also helpful too:
Beginner's Guide
Radiator Size Estimator
Martin's Liquid Lab - The most comprehensive list of reviews and comparisons that I know of.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in