OCN Aquaero Owners Club - Page 1250 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

OCN Aquaero Owners Club

post #12491 of 12501 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 06:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 511 (Unique: 286)
Did AC end up not releasing their own ribbon exentions, or are you just thrifty?

I tried building one when the A6xt first released, cuz I didn't have room for it in my 900D bay, but failed miserably.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12492 of 12501 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 06:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyber Locc View Post
Hey guys anyone have an idea how to semi easily do something like this? Or someone that can make it?

https://scontent-ort2-2.cdninstagram...ninstagram.com

I would prefer Aluminum, but settle for acrylic if there is something like this already sold.

Or if anyone has devised a way to remotely locate the Screen that would be even better. Doesn't have to be much, but a few inches would be amazing.

Edit: I found this, https://m.imgur.com/gallery/nUxV2

Down in the log, there is pics. He soldered a ribbon cable from the Board to the Screen. I suck at soldering, I can't see the pin setup in there, but any chance of anyone knowing anyone how could make a cable like that? I'll pay ????.

There appears to be a extension ribbon but it doesn’t appear as an accessory for the Aquaero but rather the Giant series external radiators.

I found this via google in the AC forums

https://forum.aquacomputer.de/weiter...ero-6-display/

I don’t see the ribbon as an optional accessory but the thread mentions to contact AC and that the person was able to get one.
post #12493 of 12501 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 07:45 AM
Umm, How Bout Noooooo.

Rep: 107 (Unique: 75)
Quote: Originally Posted by war4peace View Post
In case other people are interested and don't want to go theorugh the whole list of pictures, here is the one with the soldering:
Ya sorry was on phone, I tried to do that, but was having issues lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by Shawnb99 View Post
Hey guys anyone have an idea how to semi easily do something like this? Or someone that can make it?

https://scontent-ort2-2.cdninstagram...ninstagram.com

I would prefer Aluminum, but settle for acrylic if there is something like this already sold.

Or if anyone has devised a way to remotely locate the Screen that would be even better. Doesn't have to be much, but a few inches would be amazing.

Edit: I found this, https://m.imgur.com/gallery/nUxV2

Down in the log, there is pics. He soldered a ribbon cable from the Board to the Screen. I suck at soldering, I can't see the pin setup in there, but any chance of anyone knowing anyone how could make a cable like that? I'll pay ????.

There appears to be a extension ribbon but it doesn’t appear as an accessory for the Aquaero but rather the Giant series external radiators.

I don’t see the ribbon as an optional accessory but the thread mentions to contact AC and that the person was able to get one.
So I didn't see that post, but after posting last night I went through this thread from page 1 to like 65 lol. And I seen a few people talk about making cables and never any outcomes 😞 however I also seen shoggy mention that cable they made.

I wrote a ticket asking about purchase. I will update how it goes, wish me luck 🙂.

My siggy so empty frown.gif
Favorite OCN Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakusonfire go_quote.gif

You are just talking more and more nonsense now. It's time to take this back to whatever noob forum it came from.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12494 of 12501 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 06:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 80 (Unique: 63)
Quote: Originally Posted by Syberon View Post
Every time when connected to PowerAdjust 3 fans spins up it starts at full voltage fot 10 seconds. My PowerAdjust 3 connected to Aquaero 6LT by aquabus and connected by USB with same time. I have disabled the start boost in PowerAdjust Fan tab and in Aquaero Fans tab but it doesn't helps - fan spins up at full speed for 10 seconds even is start boost disabled. I don't want to hear this loud sound at every PC start. All my another fans, connected to Aquaero 6 starts normally with 600rpm.

How to setup PowerAdjust not to use StartBoost and spins up at 33% like my other fans?

Do you use the speed control function on the other fans? I've never really experimented with that mode but it may need to spin the fans to full speed to know their range of control. Power control might give you better control of the fans.
post #12495 of 12501 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 09:57 PM
Umm, How Bout Noooooo.

Hey guys sorry to bug again, but I had one more odd question lol.

So has anyone found or made, some way to voltage control a 450s (24v D5 strong).

I know about the Koolance boosters with a Knob, and am not sure if that's something that could ever be controlled by PWM or not, figured I would ask as I know the Aquatuning pump just uses a Digital Pot on a D5 vario, could the same be done for the boosters pot?

Quote:

You are just talking more and more nonsense now. It's time to take this back to whatever noob forum it came from.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
post #12496 of 12501 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 09:28 PM
Umm, How Bout Noooooo.

Scracth above, found another option.

Quote:

post #12497 of 12501 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 08:35 AM
Umm, How Bout Noooooo.

An update on this, so I have now seen that thread along with a couple others. Yet I wrote AC over the weekend and they are telling me they do not sell it... First they asked me if I had a model number, and I told them no lol, and linked them that thread.

So IDK, im not handy with solder, so if someone else could make one, or no AQ6 XT for me. My project is a test bench, I dont have drive bays, or a place to fit the AQ with the screen.

I have however wrote support back, as I have now seen that thread, and a couple other, they have sold these cables.

Quote:

post #12498 of 12501 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 08:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

An update on this, so I have now seen that thread along with a couple others. Yet I wrote AC over the weekend and they are telling me they do not sell it... First they asked me if I had a model number, and I told them no lol, and linked them that thread.

So IDK, im not handy with solder, so if someone else could make one, or no AQ6 XT for me. My project is a test bench, I dont have drive bays, or a place to fit the AQ with the screen.

I have however wrote support back, as I have now seen that thread, and a couple other, they have sold these cables.

Hmm that’s odd. When I asked about that cable they sent me a quote on ordering it. Was priced at 25.13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #12499 of 12501 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 08:50 AM
Umm, How Bout Noooooo.

Hmm that’s odd. When I asked about that cable they sent me a quote on ordering it. Was priced at 25.13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep was my bad, I wrote Aquatunings support instead of Aquacomputer directly by mistake. I have made a new email to AC this time lol.

Quote:

post #12500 of 12501 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 08:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Yep was my bad, I wrote Aquatunings support instead of Aquacomputer directly by mistake. I have made a new email to AC this time lol.

Lol yes it does help if you contact the right support

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in