Forum Jump: 

OCN Aquaero Owners Club

post #12571 of 14063 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 02:09 AM
Big Radiators!

Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
1. It looks pretty ugly IMO.
2. It is unnecessarily complex.
3. It is rather large.
4. With most radiators having multiple G1/4 plugs, a plug-type sensor is better because it can be mounted on the back of the radiator and its wire is easier to tuck away so it's not visible.

On top of all that, its wiring breaks all the time.

Don't get me wrong, I own multiple Aquacomputer products and I consider the Aquaero 6 the best controller currently available, hands-down. The Calitemp, on the other hand, is a failed product IMO.

My Rig Temps in Real Time
Box of Horrors
(16 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7 6800K
Motherboard
Asus X99-A II
GPU
Gigabyte 1080 Ti Waterforce Extreme Edition 11Gbps
GPU
RAM
Kingston HyperX 2x 16GB DDR4 3000MHz
Hard Drive
SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
SSD ADATA 512 GB
Hard Drive
Patriot Hellfire 240 GB M.2 SSD nVME
Power Supply
Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W
Power Supply
Corsair AX860
Cooling
Custom Loop, EKWB, CPU+GPU, soft tubing
Case
Thermaltake Core X5
Operating System
Windows 10 Professional X64
Monitor
Dell 2407WFP
Keyboard
Logitech G510
Mouse
Logitech G700S
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12572 of 14063 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:28 AM
Tetrapyloctomist

Rep: 45 (Unique: 27)
Quote: Originally Posted by war4peace View Post
I consider the Aquaero 6 the best controller currently available
It is unfortunately the ONLY external+autonomous(ish) controller currently available ^^

I will be my usual level of frank and admit that personally at least? Disappointed with it.
1) The construction quality is O.K. Not good, definitely nothing to write home about, just.. O.K. A lot of money for "just O.K". Sandwitching PCB parts like that.. and sure, yeah, "it works".
2) It takes forever for it to get started, you get mobo alarms due to no signal detection. Yes yes, i know, you can disable the most basic and central security function EVER and run your PC just "fine".. seriously folks? Have it start instantly and when it's capable, yes, let it moderate the pulse; at a later time. But it needs to start instantly or close enough; in its current state.. just..
3) For that kind of money, i was expecting proper pulse moderation.. not stating the output "power", except hey, you're under "PWM" supposedly! Rather, to be able to input a selectable, actual RPM range you wanted that the controller would then try and achieve per fan. That's how it's meant to go. This thing doesn't do that, lol, but still costs 200 euro.. nice.. Pulse moderation is when you ask for 2200 and you get 2200, because that's what you asked for. NOT when you select a power range under PWM control and the Aquaero gives the revolutions it amounts to; it being why of course you can't even have just two fans operating at the exact same revolutions unless they're individually plugged... so no "up to 19384652 fans", not really. More like up to 4 fans period; one, per channel. So there's a huge difference between what it's hyped as being capable of doing, and HOW it is doing it in practice.

And yet.. praised.. overclock.net eXXXtreme manchildren at their usual finest.

Is it a must? For someone needing to run many fans, maybe. Cheaper and equally NON-accurate to buy an 11euro XSPC PWM fan hub, lol, run it from your mobo. Is it anyway near what people here make it out to be? Hell no.
Of course, it's why i use this language.. what else would one expect from people making custom Delta tables for fun.. sure i guess
But this is not how true pulse moderation works. It's a bleeding shame that all my reading aside? I had to buy one before learning it actually does nothing like that and its advertising be damned.

Go ask what PWM is and what it offers, then compare that to what AQ does. Then come back to me.

(what Aquaero does do that i appreciate, is its being capable of controlling multiple sub-devices; that at least has potential, assuming one needed any of them, but.. it says PWM controller on the box and PWM control it does not. Not really, not technically)
((so why gosh darnit did not a single person here state this huh... /rhetorical))

Pride, honour and purity.

Last edited by Aenra; 05-10-2019 at 07:33 AM.
post #12573 of 14063 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Just bought a Quadro myself and had to do a firmware update straight away before it would work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12574 of 14063 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 09:50 AM
Big Radiators!

Rep: 33 (Unique: 27)
Quote: Originally Posted by Aenra View Post
1) The construction quality is O.K. Not good, definitely nothing to write home about, just.. O.K. A lot of money for "just O.K". Sandwitching PCB parts like that.. and sure, yeah, "it works".
I agree with this statement. It was always my impression that Aquacomputer is a company operated by engineers-only, who are only preoccupied with how the device works and not at all by how it looks. Given the alternative (all looks, crap functionality), I'm fine with it. I can 3D-print stuff which makes it look better but I couldn't enhance its functionality if it lacked.

2) It takes forever for it to get started, you get mobo alarms due to no signal detection. Yes yes, i know, you can disable the most basic and central security function EVER and run your PC just "fine".. seriously folks? Have it start instantly and when it's capable, yes, let it moderate the pulse; at a later time. But it needs to start instantly or close enough; in its current state.. just..
Um... not sure what you are trying to say. It starts instantly for me. I turn on my machine, I hear the fans ramping up immediately and then back to idle (which is how I configured it, given I control voltage-based fans on my main radiator). In all fairness I disabled all motherboard-based monitoring because there are no fans or sensors connected to it.

3) For that kind of money, i was expecting proper pulse moderation.. not stating the output "power", except hey, you're under "PWM" supposedly! Rather, to be able to input a selectable, actual RPM range you wanted that the controller would then try and achieve per fan.
Again, not sure what you mean. You have three options: power, speed and PWM. I used power and PWM, was satisfied with how it works.

This thing doesn't do that, lol, but still costs 200 euro.. nice..
The LT costs 99 EUR and is enough for most people. Even the QUADRO is enough for most people.

Pulse moderation is when you ask for 2200 and you get 2200, because that's what you asked for. NOT when you select a power range under PWM control and the Aquaero gives the revolutions it amounts to; it being why of course you can't even have just two fans operating at the exact same revolutions unless they're individually plugged... so no "up to 19384652 fans", not really. More like up to 4 fans period; one, per channel. So there's a huge difference between what it's hyped as being capable of doing, and HOW it is doing it in practice.
I would go ahead and blame the fan producers for this. My testing showed that multiple identical fans chained through Splitty9 have a fan speed difference of maximum 30 RPM at high speeds. Low speed fans have a difference of 10-15 RPM, which is as close to perfect as possible.
Are you complaining about the possibility to run multiple fans per channel? If you don't like it, no need to use it.

Is it a must? For someone needing to run many fans, maybe. Cheaper and equally NON-accurate to buy an 11euro XSPC PWM fan hub, lol, run it from your mobo. Is it anyway near what people here make it out to be? Hell no.
Simple fan controlling is the last feature I would buy an Aquaero for. Nobody should do that for fan controlling only. But controlling fan speeds based on multiple thresholds, inputs and sensors, independent of the OS and even motherboard is something else. I want to see my liquid temperatures, liquid flow speed, set up alarms in case flow drops under a certain threshold, see my radiator power dissipation, set up fans to start, stop and reach certain speeds based on multiple parameters. Aquaero is the only controller which is able to do all that and more.

It's not perfect but really close.

My Rig Temps in Real Time
Box of Horrors
(16 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7 6800K
Motherboard
Asus X99-A II
GPU
GPU
RAM
Kingston HyperX 2x 16GB DDR4 3000MHz
Hard Drive
SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
SSD ADATA 512 GB
Hard Drive
Patriot Hellfire 240 GB M.2 SSD nVME
Power Supply
Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W
Power Supply
Corsair AX860
Cooling
Custom Loop, EKWB, CPU+GPU, soft tubing
Case
Thermaltake Core X5
Operating System
Windows 10 Professional X64
Monitor
Dell 2407WFP
Keyboard
Logitech G510
Mouse
Logitech G700S
▲ hide details ▲
post #12575 of 14063 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 10:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 60 (Unique: 41)
OCN Aquaero Owners Club

Do you need to hook up a Hubby7 to sata power to use 6 ports on it? Having issues having everything be recognized via USB. All plugged in correctly

I can’t get nothing working connected to ports 3,5 or 7.

This is why I break cables, so many times having to redo it all cause something doesn’t work right. So frustrating.

My Baby
(23 items)
CPU
Delidded Direct Die I9 9900K
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus XI Apex
GPU
EVGA FTW3 Hydro Copper GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB DDR4 3600 F4-3600C15D-16GTZ
Hard Drive
2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB
Hard Drive
Asus Hyper M.2 card
Hard Drive
2 x Intel 660P 2TB
Power Supply
Seasonic PRIME Ultra 1000 Titanium
Cooling
Optimus Signature V2
Cooling
2x Swiftech MCP35X2 with MCP35X2 Heat Sink w/ 2x NB-BlackSilent Pro's
Cooling
2x Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 560GTX w/ 8x Arctic P14 PST PWM's
Cooling
2x Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 480GTX w/ 16x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM
Cooling
Aquacomputer aqualis XT 450 ml with nano coating
Cooling
9x Noctua NF-S12A PWM
Cooling
Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS w/ 6 Arctic P12 PST PWM's
Case
Case Labs Magnum TH10A with Pedestal
Monitor
Asus PG278Q
Keyboard
Das Keyboard 5Q
Mouse
Swiftpoint Z
Audio
Light Harmonic Oscar XXI
Audio
Geek Pulse Inifnity DAC/AMP
Audio
Cavalii Audio Liquid Carbon HPA
Other
Aquacomputer Aquaero XT
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by Shawnb99; 05-10-2019 at 11:10 AM.
post #12576 of 14063 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 12:30 PM
WaterCooler & Overclocker

Rep: 125 (Unique: 102)
Quote: Originally Posted by Shawnb99 View Post
Do you need to hook up a Hubby7 to sata power to use 6 ports on it? Having issues having everything be recognized via USB. All plugged in correctly

I can’t get nothing working connected to ports 3,5 or 7.

This is why I break cables, so many times having to redo it all cause something doesn’t work right. So frustrating.
I am using all the ports on my Hubby7 without the SATA power cable and all are working just fine.

I am only using it for components connected to my Aquaeros however, not powering up any devices that require any real amount of power.

Devastator
(14 items)
Secondary Rig
(13 items)
CPU
i9-7900X
Motherboard
Asus Rampage Extreme VI
GPU
2x EVGA 2080Ti XC Gaming
RAM
G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB 3600 16-16-16-36
Hard Drive
Intel Optane SSD 480GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 2TB
Hard Drive
2x Seagate Iron Wolf Pro 12TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2
Cooling
Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Radiators 4x 560mm + 2x 280mm
Cooling
Aquacomputer Aquaero XT + Aquaero LT
Cooling
2x Aquacomputer D5s with custom chrome plated Bitspower mod kits
Cooling
2x Aquacomputer Aqualis 880ml Reservoirs with Nano Coating & Aquabus Interface
Case
CaseLabs THW10 with Custom Powder Coating
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K
Motherboard
Asus Maximus Extreme VI
GPU
EVGA GTX 980 ti Classified
RAM
G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 2400
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 500GB
Hard Drive
Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
Cooling
EK 420 Rad + EK 280 Rad
Case
Corsair 750D
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Monitor
Acer XB271HU
Keyboard
Microsofte Natural Ergonomic 4000
Mouse
Logitech G502
▲ hide details ▲

post #12577 of 14063 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 12:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 60 (Unique: 41)
OCN Aquaero Owners Club

Only have my 3 Quadros, the AQ, a 400 MBS and my Aqualias res connected.

Ports 3, 5 and 7 don’t work for me. Great now that’s not working.

Plus because of the poorly designed Aquabus X4 I now can’t get one screw to go in for the faceplate on the Aquaero. Damn bracket to mount it in the drive bay is just bent enough to not let the screw catch and screw in. Looks like I won’t get to use the front panel.

My Baby
(23 items)
CPU
Delidded Direct Die I9 9900K
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus XI Apex
GPU
EVGA FTW3 Hydro Copper GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB DDR4 3600 F4-3600C15D-16GTZ
Hard Drive
2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB
Hard Drive
Asus Hyper M.2 card
Hard Drive
2 x Intel 660P 2TB
Power Supply
Seasonic PRIME Ultra 1000 Titanium
Cooling
Optimus Signature V2
Cooling
2x Swiftech MCP35X2 with MCP35X2 Heat Sink w/ 2x NB-BlackSilent Pro's
Cooling
2x Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 560GTX w/ 8x Arctic P14 PST PWM's
Cooling
2x Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 480GTX w/ 16x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM
Cooling
Aquacomputer aqualis XT 450 ml with nano coating
Cooling
9x Noctua NF-S12A PWM
Cooling
Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS w/ 6 Arctic P12 PST PWM's
Case
Case Labs Magnum TH10A with Pedestal
Monitor
Asus PG278Q
Keyboard
Das Keyboard 5Q
Mouse
Swiftpoint Z
Audio
Light Harmonic Oscar XXI
Audio
Geek Pulse Inifnity DAC/AMP
Audio
Cavalii Audio Liquid Carbon HPA
Other
Aquacomputer Aquaero XT
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by Shawnb99; 05-13-2019 at 09:54 AM.
post #12578 of 14063 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 05:34 PM
82nd AD Vet

Rep: 50 (Unique: 39)
I'm in the process of changing over to RGBpx and ran into an issue. My luminous panel has the standard 4 pin connector. I thought I might be able to connect to an adapter, like the splitty3, and then to the new Farbwerk. The issue is that the Splitty3 has 10mm RGBpx connectors and everything uses the 5mm connectors. Any ideas on how to make this work? I'm starting to rethink my entire cooling setup. Might jump to dual loop because my case is huge, STH10, and even with 4 pumps my flow is week. That means I'd add a second Aquaero which would solve this issue because I would just attach an older farbwerk to it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0469.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	3.99 MB
ID:	269722  

Name:	IMG_0471.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	3.74 MB
ID:	269724  

Name:	IMG_0478.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	269726  

Last edited by jsutter71; 05-21-2019 at 03:15 PM.
post #12579 of 14063 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:00 PM
Taking a break

Rep: 144 (Unique: 66)
Quote: Originally Posted by jsutter71 View Post
I'm in the process of changing over to RGBpx and ran into an issue. My luminous panel has the standard 4 pin connector. I thought I might be able to connect to an adapter, like the splitty3, and then to the new Farbwerk. The issue is that the Splitty3 has 10mm RGBpx connectors and everything uses the 5mm connectors. Any ideas on how to make this work? I'm starting to rethink my entire cooling setup. Might jump to dual loop because my case is huge, STH0, and even with 4 pumps my flow is week. That means I'd add a second Aquaero which would solve this issue because I would just attach an older farbwerk to it.
Couldn't you make your own cables? This thread (RGBpx wiring Diagram) at AC might help. It has links in it to the correct Molex parts (1.25mm Pitch PicoBlade Wire-to-Wire and Wire-to-Board Housing, Female, 4 Circuits) you would need, as well as pre-built cables that might work.

Also, if you're going to go diy and make your own, the hand crimp tool for 1.25mm Pitch PicoBlade Female Crimp Terminals, 26-32 AWG looks like the correct one to use. Like other Molex crimp tools, it is expensive though (~$350 or so, give or take)

Not sure how well other crimp tools might work.

Muffler Bearings
(24 items)
CPU
i9-7900X, i9-10940x
Motherboard
Asus Rampage VI Extreme
Motherboard
EVGA X299 DARK
GPU
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC
GPU
(2 ea) EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3
RAM
G.SKILL F4-3200C14Q2-64GTZ
Hard Drive
(2ea) Intel Optane 900P (480GB)
Hard Drive
(2ea) Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
Hard Drive
(2ea) Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
Hard Drive
(2ea) Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
Hard Drive
(1ea) Samsung 950 Pro 256GB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2
Cooling
Custom water
Case
Custom, 8020x3060 and x2020
Operating System
Win 10 Pro/Ubuntu
Monitor
NEC PA272W-BK-SV
Monitor
Eizo ColorEdge CE240W
Monitor
Alienware AW3418DW
Keyboard
Ergodox EZ with Kailh Thick Gold (Bronze) and Copper switches
Audio
Bottlehead Mainline Amp
Audio
RME ADI-2 Pro FS 2-in/4-out AD/DA Converter
Audio
FOCAL Clear Professional Headphones
Audio
Mr. Schpeakers ETHER C Flow 1.1 Headphones
Other
Protectli Firewall Micro Appliance With 6x Intel Gigabit Ports, Intel i5 7200U, AES-NI
Other
Misc. see build description for details
▲ hide details ▲

post #12580 of 14063 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:11 PM
Vermin Supreme 2020

Rep: 731 (Unique: 384)
flow weak with 4 pumps?

I'd definitely split your loop up, & try to remove as many 90s as humanly possible.

At one point I had 4 60mm 480s, 3 gpu, cpu, memory, chipset, & still maintained 200lp/h cuz I used next to no 90s.

Add me on Steam, same name
R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in