OCN Aquaero Owners Club - Page 1406 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

OCN Aquaero Owners Club

post #14051 of 14094 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 11:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 22 (Unique: 21)
Quote: Originally Posted by StirFryOmelet View Post
Indeed, I have the screen-less model. But there are pins for a screen, and my primary concern is if cutting those down to almost nothing would cause any kind of electrical or other problem (aside from never having the option of a screen going forward haha). I suspect not, but it never hurts to get confirmation.

Yes, once I have reduced the profile thusly, I would stick it in place with an adhesive strip of some kind.
Sure you could but you'd most likely throw away your warranty.

Shouldn't be an electrical issue if you were genius enough to power it on while doing the mod.

I would also just to be on the extra precaution side, contact AC and see what they say.

ll Corsair 900D ll Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4500.0MHz on HWBOT ll EVGA X99 Classified ll Crucial Ballistix Sport 2400MHz 16GB ll Aquaero 6 XT ll EVGA GTX 780 Classified 3GB Hydro Copper (x2 in SLI) ll Samsung XP941 512GB PCI-E 2.0 x4 M.2 SSD ll WD VelociRaptor 10k RPM 300GB - x2 ll WD Black 1.5TB - x2 ll Toshiba 3TB ll Corsair AX1200i ll ASUS VS248H-P 24" 2ms LED - x3 - Nvidia Surround ll Bose Companion 5 ll
ll Custom Swiftech XL ll Black Ice SR-1 240mm+360mm+480mm ll Helix120 (PWM) ll Swiftech Maelstrom-35X2 ll Aqua Computer High Flow Sensor ll Phobya Temp Sensor Coupler ll Bitspower Compression Fittings (1/2 ID 3/4 OD) ll PrimoChill Advanced LRT 1/2 ID 3/4 OD (Bloodshed Red) ll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14052 of 14094 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 02:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
I am just glad to see this available as an option for both enthusiasts and budget minded custom loop builders. System builders can now have significant and efficient control over a custom loop with fan controllers costing under $60.

Paired with entry level kits, budget minded beginners and enthusiasts could put together a decent system for around $500 (depending on GPU block prices).
Plus you could always buy used on ebay. I saved a ton of money that way.

When more people have invested in custom water cooling, it tells manufacturers that there is a bigger market share available, so they will offer a better selection/price for all us in the WC community.
Win/win.

As far as the playground goes, well I think I need to spend a little more time playing in there just to see what I can do...

Build: Z390 ACE
Core i9-9900K OC 5 GHz, MSI Z390 ACE Mobo, AMD Radeon VII GPU OC 2K MHz
Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 3200 RAM, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M SE.
EKWB Z390 ACE Monoblock, Bykski Radeon VII GPU w/b, 2x EKWB 140 Revo D5 Pump & Res.
Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 LT USB Fan-Controller, Quadro, Vision Touch and 'High Flow' Sensor.
(2x) HWL Black Ice Nemesis 280 GTS XFLOW and (1x) Alphacool XT45 X-Flow 280 radiators.
post #14053 of 14094 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 05:07 AM
Vermin Supreme 2020

Rep: 737 (Unique: 388)
Octo + aqua suite = why buy anything else? Commander, iCue, etc.

Aqua suite by aqua computer is the GOAT.

Add me on Steam, same name
R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14054 of 14094 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 05:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 56 (Unique: 37)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post

Not if they keep messing things the way they do. Lately, they take 1 step forward and 2 backwards, they fix one thing and brake something else

But all-in All aquasuite with AQ devices work OK

Caselabs S8S SSI EEB/4x Noctua NF-S12A
Asus x99 E-WS 10G/Asus AX3000 Dual Band PCI-E WiFi 6
i7 6950X/Noctua NH-D15S with dual NF-A15 140mm fans
Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 XT
Seasonic Platinum-1200(SS-1200XP3)
EVGA Titan Black SC
Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8 x 16GB) DDR4, 2666MHz
post #14055 of 14094 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 06:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 46 (Unique: 38)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post

True that!

But I would like to see the OCTO get a second flow sensor port for those who run dual loop.
post #14056 of 14094 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 06:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 66 (Unique: 47)
Quote: Originally Posted by InfoSeeker View Post
True that!

But I would like to see the OCTO get a second flow sensor port for those who run dual loop.

Buy a Quadro as well then. Or better yet don’t waste your money going dual loop when it offers little to no benefit.

My Baby
(23 items)
CPU
Delidded Direct Die I9 9900K
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus XI Apex
GPU
EVGA FTW3 Hydro Copper GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB DDR4 3600 F4-3600C15D-16GTZ
Hard Drive
2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB
Hard Drive
Asus Hyper M.2 card
Hard Drive
2 x Intel 660P 2TB
Power Supply
Seasonic PRIME Ultra 1000 Titanium
Cooling
Optimus Signature V2
Cooling
2x Swiftech MCP35X2 with MCP35X2 Heat Sink w/ 2x NB-BlackSilent Pro's
Cooling
2x Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 560GTX w/ 8x Arctic P14 PST PWM's
Cooling
2x Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 480GTX w/ 16x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM
Cooling
Aquacomputer aqualis XT 450 ml with nano coating
Cooling
9x Noctua NF-S12A PWM
Cooling
Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS w/ 6 Arctic P12 PST PWM's
Case
Case Labs Magnum TH10A with Pedestal
Monitor
Asus PG278Q
Keyboard
Das Keyboard 5Q
Mouse
Swiftpoint Z
Audio
Light Harmonic Oscar XXI
Audio
Geek Pulse Inifnity DAC/AMP
Audio
Cavalii Audio Liquid Carbon HPA
Other
Aquacomputer Aquaero XT
▲ hide details ▲
post #14057 of 14094 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 10:50 AM
Still here...

Rep: 147 (Unique: 66)
This is in reference to the following older post in Aquacomputer's support forum:

4x Calitetemp on Aquabus: How to tell which sensor is which?

My interest here is specifically changing the oem nut-plates in the Aquaero's bracket to allow for enough clearance to safely use all four headers on the Aquabus x4 daughter board. I'll be drilling out the oem nut-plates and attempting to replace them with Pemsert nut-plates. For the life of me the only reason I can see why Aquacomputer hasn't already done that is because of the logistical nightmare it might create given how many Aquaeros are currently in use and/or already stocked and accompanied by the original brackets.

I do have to wonder why Aquacomputer hasn't at least ginned up such a bracket as an optional accessory.

Anyway, I already have a suitable selection of Pemserts and a two ton drill arbor press on hand to accommodate the effort. I'll let you know how it goes in a day or two.

on the road to knowhere, having jaba at someplace;
pondering quantum physics through the lint in someone's bellybutton.

Last edited by iamjanco; 06-29-2020 at 10:56 AM.
post #14058 of 14094 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 01:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 22 (Unique: 21)
Quote: Originally Posted by iamjanco View Post
This is in reference to the following older post in Aquacomputer's support forum:

I think you might be able to by warming up the one sensor you want to identify just like air temp probes. Blow warm air to it or possibly holding it with your hand/fingers to get a higher temp reading might be able to help you detect which is which.

ll Corsair 900D ll Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4500.0MHz on HWBOT ll EVGA X99 Classified ll Crucial Ballistix Sport 2400MHz 16GB ll Aquaero 6 XT ll EVGA GTX 780 Classified 3GB Hydro Copper (x2 in SLI) ll Samsung XP941 512GB PCI-E 2.0 x4 M.2 SSD ll WD VelociRaptor 10k RPM 300GB - x2 ll WD Black 1.5TB - x2 ll Toshiba 3TB ll Corsair AX1200i ll ASUS VS248H-P 24" 2ms LED - x3 - Nvidia Surround ll Bose Companion 5 ll
ll Custom Swiftech XL ll Black Ice SR-1 240mm+360mm+480mm ll Helix120 (PWM) ll Swiftech Maelstrom-35X2 ll Aqua Computer High Flow Sensor ll Phobya Temp Sensor Coupler ll Bitspower Compression Fittings (1/2 ID 3/4 OD) ll PrimoChill Advanced LRT 1/2 ID 3/4 OD (Bloodshed Red) ll
post #14059 of 14094 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 01:27 PM
Still here...

Rep: 147 (Unique: 66)
Quote: Originally Posted by GTXJackBauer View Post
I think you might be able to by warming up the one sensor you want to identify just like air temp probes. Blow warm air to it or possibly holding it with your hand/fingers to get a higher temp reading might be able to help you detect which is which.
Thanks, Jack, but what I wrote in my post was really about the Aquaero's bracket nut-plates blocking two of the four headers on the Aquabus x4.

on the road to knowhere, having jaba at someplace;
pondering quantum physics through the lint in someone's bellybutton.

post #14060 of 14094 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 03:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 46 (Unique: 38)
Quote: Originally Posted by iamjanco View Post

My interest here is specifically changing the oem nut-plates in the Aquaero's bracket to allow for enough clearance to safely use all four headers on the Aquabus x4 daughter board. I'll be drilling out the oem nut-plates and attempting to replace them with Pemsert nut-plates. For the life of me the only reason I can see why Aquacomputer hasn't already done that is because of the logistical nightmare it might create given how many Aquaeros are currently in use and/or already stocked and accompanied by the original brackets.

I do have to wonder why Aquacomputer hasn't at least ginned up such a bracket as an optional accessory.

Anyway, I already have a suitable selection of Pemserts and a two ton drill arbor press on hand to accommodate the effort. I'll let you know how it goes in a day or two.

Using a 4-pin aquabus extension cable, you can mount the aquabus X4 off from the aquaero. But yes, that was a design oversight... they could easily have moved the electronics on the PCB to the outside, and placed the ports to the inside.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in