OCN Aquaero Owners Club - Page 216 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

OCN Aquaero Owners Club

post #2151 of 13065 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 05:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
The pullup mod is easy enough with some basic tools TBH, basic skills like soldiering is not hard to learn as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2152 of 13065 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 05:56 AM
Missing friends

Rep: 700 (Unique: 431)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT Diva View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captaincaveman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesdoitmorelike View Post

i would like one too, i asked darlene if she would do one for me and charge me but she said the post was more than the parts and passed.

That's too bad frown.gif

Maybe if there's enough of you guys that need these, you could persuade Swiftech to make them available . . . it would certainly help them sell more pumps as well, so it should be a win / win for everyone.

For them, they'd have the economy of scale, in place production facilities, and so on . . .

For me, I'd have to order wire, a number of components, pay the Priority Mail shipping, make each one individually, and then package it and ship it out Priority Mail,

There'd be about $15 in postage, $5 in parts and wire, $10 labor at min wage, per unit . . . .

If I made them here, I'd have to sell what should be a $5 to $8 cable for $35+, just to break even . . . and I didn't figure in time and gas to pick up stuff at the post office or drop it off to ship it out. . . . . not to mention sleeving . . . .

You can see why we don't have much manufacturing in the Virgin Islands, well except for Rum.

Darlene

Edit to add . . .

If I do pictorial step by step . . . . do you think it would help . . .

I can give a parts list for Jameco Electronics that sells in smaller quantities to hobbyists for wire and components.

I'll have to check if they have the connector pins and shells . . . . would be nice to source everything from one supplier . . . maybe I'll have to check Digikey.

Maybe you guys in major cities like Houston, with electronics schools like ITT, could approach the school and get a skilled student to make a bunch of these things up affordably?
not to mention i dont believe min wage is a fair wage to pay for this i think you did alot already by making the list for the mod, but i am extremely grateful for it !
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHIMington View Post

The pullup mod is easy enough with some basic tools TBH, basic skills like soldiering is not hard to learn as well.

i agree

Rigbuilder and how to put it in your sig post-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gif budget components = budget resultsPearls before swine! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 go_quote.gif

Also rma wise, regardless of what vendor used it's always like getting a tooth pulled imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by szeged go_quote.gif

I facepalmed when trying to explain cpu and gpu overclocking to him after he got his 4930k. It was like teaching trigonometry to a rock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 go_quote.gif

That's like wrapping your car around a pole then asking for warranty service.
Dont be hard on yourself, we all break stuff sooner or later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables go_quote.gif

I don't appreciate your judgment here. I am just stating facts. That's all I'm doing. If you are taking offense to it or something, then that's not my problem, so don't put it on me. Ok?...Good god man. You would know that if you would actually carefully read...
post #2153 of 13065 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 12:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Darlene, thank you for all the info and effort! A step by step for dummies would be great smile.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2154 of 13065 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 12:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 174 (Unique: 139)
Quote:

Darlene, thank you for all the info and effort! A step by step for dummies would be great smile.gif

iirc, there is a much more detailed post somewhere in this thread not terribly far back about which resistors to use , how to connect everything and some photos of the cable. I would look it up and post a link but I'm about to tear down my rig. She did make it sound doable to me and I'm a dummy for sure upsidedwnsmiley.gif

post #2155 of 13065 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 02:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by electro2u View Post

iirc, there is a much more detailed post somewhere in this thread not terribly far back about which resistors to use , how to connect everything and some photos of the cable. I would look it up and post a link but I'm about to tear down my rig. She did make it sound doable to me and I'm a dummy for sure upsidedwnsmiley.gif

I think it was this link?

Check Darlene's post for details of the mod
https://www.overclock.net/t/1474470/ocn-aquaero-owners-club/50#post_21956203

Guys really. I don't have RadioShack here. I'm foreigner in Thailand. I don't read or speak Thai. But even I found how to get this items here by ordering per internet.

ITEM NAME ITEM DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE AMOUNT
R560R12W 560ohm 1/2W 5% Carbon Film Resistor (pack of 10 pcs.) 4.80 Bht 4.80
R0033K14W 3.3kohm 1/4W 5% Carbon Film Resistor (pack of 10 pcs.) 3.20 Bht 3.20
BZX79-C5V1 BZX79 5.1V 500mW Zener Diodes 1.60 Bht 4.80
Subtotal: 12.80
Thai Post: 100.00
Total price: Bht. 112.80

Delivery 10 times more expensive then material. smile.gif

1 dollar is around 33 Baht.

I understand why Darlene don't want to do this wires and sell them. Because you can't for sail 25 cent item for 5 dollars, with 50 dollars delivery costs and make everyone happy.

Best Regards
post #2156 of 13065 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 03:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
a dummie step by step sure would be appreciated by me. Darlene mentioned i need to get some pins along with the parts, even that i did not understand smile.gif i thought i could tell from the pic what goes in where and what to buy but the pins? So when some of us say dummies, we really means dummies smile.gif
post #2157 of 13065 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 06:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesdoitmorelike View Post

a dummie step by step sure would be appreciated by me. Darlene mentioned i need to get some pins along with the parts, even that i did not understand smile.gif i thought i could tell from the pic what goes in where and what to buy but the pins? So when some of us say dummies, we really means dummies smile.gif

What exactly you not understand?

Ok I will try to explain smile.gif

Normal fan connector is 3 pin. and PWM fan connector is 4 pin. Pin is an metal contact that is inside connector holes.

PIN FUNCTION COLOR
1 Ground Black
2 +12 V Yellow
3 Sense (tach.) Signal Green ( on 3 pin fan is Tachometric Signal Yellow)
4 Control (PWM) Blue

For one D5 you will need.

1 X 5.1V Zener diode,
1 X 1/2 W 560 Ohm Resistor (sometimes is called 1/2W 560E Resistor),
1 X 1/4W 3.3K (3300 Ohm) Resistor

Pin removal manual.

This photo shows how it works very clearly. The little blue arrow shows the "tang" or "barb" that holds the pin in place in the connector housing. You gently press down the tang with the end of a paperclip while simultaneously pulling on the wire and the wire will slide out. Do it gently so you don't crush the tang! When you push the pin back into the housing, the tang will pop into place and hold the wire in place, a lot like a fish hook.

Best Regards smile.gif
post #2158 of 13065 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 10:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 174 (Unique: 139)
Wow. Good guide.

post #2159 of 13065 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 10:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 27 (Unique: 26)
Hey guys

Im not sure whats wrong, but one of my channels wont seem to work. They only spin when I power up the above fans (they are radiator fans), and im not sure if this is simply because the upper fans are moving the lower ones through the pull of the air, or if theres a voltage issue...

I was intending on purchasing a few of these ModMyToys multi-fan PCB ports.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14661/ele-987/3-Pin_Power_Distribution_PCB_3xWay_Block_MMT-PCB-3WAY.html?tl=c121s424b214

That one has a male 3 pin power input, and I was curious if these would work on the Aquaero if I connect it with a female-to-female cable to 1 of the 4 channels??

If so, would it perhaps be better to purchase one of those that have the 4 pin male molex power input instead? and use a female molex to female 3 pin cable to connect to the aquaero?

thanks

Daniel of Singularity Computers is a genius and the best system builder on Earth.... The channel and information that he has been so generous and benevolent share with everyone, should indeed be soaked in by.... everyone!
Thank you Daniel!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
**Every enthusiast water cooler out there should expand abilities as an a true engineer and craftsman, and the industry and community will grow and progress tenfold thumb.gif**

post-flame-small.gif Haswell-E Overclock Leaderboard & Owners Club post-flame-small.gif

post #2160 of 13065 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 11:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
I'm using 4 of these:
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/20885/bus-352/NZXT_GRID_10_Channel_Multi_Fan_Hub_AC-GRID-10-M1.html
2 of them with about 16 120mm fans on one channel.
2 of them with 8 140mm and 1-2 120mm fans each on a separate channel.
The AQ6 has no problem with that, although I got no RPM signal.
When I tried to connect the ones with the 140mm fans to the same channel I got the over current warning and the fans wouldn't spin.
Bottom line, shouln't be a problem running 3-4 fans per channel as far as I can tell.
My AQ is watercooled so the fan controllers are ~ 30c even when running the fans at much lower voltage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in