Forum Jump: 

OCN Aquaero Owners Club

post #2161 of 14087 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 11:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 27 (Unique: 26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captaincaveman View Post

I'm using 4 of these:
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/20885/bus-352/NZXT_GRID_10_Channel_Multi_Fan_Hub_AC-GRID-10-M1.html
2 of them with about 16 120mm fans on one channel.
2 of them with 8 140mm and 1-2 120mm fans each on a separate channel.
The AQ6 has no problem with that, although I got no RPM signal.
When I tried to connect the ones with the 140mm fans to the same channel I got the over current warning and the fans wouldn't spin.
Bottom line, shouln't be a problem running 3-4 fans per channel as far as I can tell.
My AQ is watercooled so the fan controllers are ~ 30c even when running the fans at much lower voltage.

I actually have one of those too and ive used it before, just not with my Aquaero.

But I want to have control over my fans as they have a pretty large spectrum of noise and performance. If I cant control them then its a no-go for me.

I dont understand why im suddenly having this problem, this never was a problem in the past. I have 9 fans and I use 3 per channel through a triple splitter. It seems to be the certain 3 fans in specific because i changed channels and the same fans still dont work

EDIT: Actually now I forget that im purchasing a new power supply, as mine currently is not enough power. I had to disable my SLI because my 2nd GPU wasnt recieving enough power. However according to GPU-Z its still recieving some from the PSU still

Daniel of Singularity Computers is a genius and the best system builder on Earth.... The channel and information that he has been so generous and benevolent share with everyone, should indeed be soaked in by.... everyone!
Thank you Daniel!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
**Every enthusiast water cooler out there should expand abilities as an a true engineer and craftsman, and the industry and community will grow and progress tenfold thumb.gif**

post-flame-small.gif Haswell-E Overclock Leaderboard & Owners Club post-flame-small.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2162 of 14087 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 11:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

hmmm, after researching a little bit, I think its worth mentioning that im using Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12. Some people seem to be reporting problems of a very similar nature to that of mine.... And this problem began when I recently changed fans....

Wow, and these were really expensive.

Daniel of Singularity Computers is a genius and the best system builder on Earth.... The channel and information that he has been so generous and benevolent share with everyone, should indeed be soaked in by.... everyone!
Thank you Daniel!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
**Every enthusiast water cooler out there should expand abilities as an a true engineer and craftsman, and the industry and community will grow and progress tenfold thumb.gif**

post-flame-small.gif Haswell-E Overclock Leaderboard & Owners Club post-flame-small.gif

post #2163 of 14087 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 11:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 399 (Unique: 201)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichismo View Post

hmmm, after researching a little bit, I think its worth mentioning that im using Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12. Some people seem to be reporting problems of a very similar nature to that of mine.... And this problem began when I recently changed fans....

Wow, and these were really expensive.

Are those fans in push or pull? Are they used directly in contact with the rad? Some people report the Nb eloop hit the rad in pull and this might be physically hindering the fans to spin? A quick solve would be to use a shroud or rubber pads or something to decouple a little bit he fans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2164 of 14087 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 12:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

I still used the rubber inserts on both sides of the fans, but aside from those, they are directly mounted. The top ones however, are not. They are mounted on drop-in rad plate.

I have 6 in push and pull on my Airplex, mounted on the ceiling of my case. The ones on top have always worked fine, but the ones on the bottom have been sporadic. Sometimes 1-2 will suddenly stop spinning, or even just spin at a lower RPM than the others, and such. But once I hit a certain voltage on the top fans, the bottom ones instantly start spinning. Im not sure if its because of the air flow of the upper fans, but it seems rather quick and aggressive in their speed up to be from the above air flow.'

Im considering just removing the bottom 3 fans, and replacing them with the BlackSilentPro 1400rpm fans. and then using those 3 Eloops for the front and back intakes of my case, as I dont have any right now.

Thank you Daniel!

post #2165 of 14087 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 12:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 399 (Unique: 201)
Quote:

I still used the rubber inserts on both sides of the fans, but aside from those, they are directly mounted. The top ones however, are not. They are mounted on drop-in rad plate.

I have 6 in push and pull on my Airplex, mounted on the ceiling of my case. The ones on top have always worked fine, but the ones on the bottom have been sporadic. Sometimes 1-2 will suddenly stop spinning, or even just spin at a lower RPM than the others, and such. But once I hit a certain voltage on the top fans, the bottom ones instantly start spinning. Im not sure if its because of the air flow of the upper fans, but it seems rather quick and aggressive in their speed up to be from the above air flow.'

Im considering just removing the bottom 3 fans, and replacing them with the BlackSilentPro 1400rpm fans. and then using those 3 Eloops for the front and back intakes of my case, as I dont have any right now.

mmm.. Did you test them individually to see how they behave? Plug just one of the bottom ones to the Aq channel and see how it goes.
post #2166 of 14087 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 12:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Are you sure you are not getting the over current warning?

post #2167 of 14087 (permalink) Old 10-06-2014, 12:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

yes im sure, it only 3 fans, and besides, im using the exact same 3 fans in the next channel and its fine.

Perhaps ill try each fan individually, but its gonna be a pain to get to plug each one after doing all my cable management.

I have been wanting new fans for a little while anyway. Im going to buy 3 today

Thank you Daniel!

post #2168 of 14087 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 10:28 PM
Missing friends

Rep: 700 (Unique: 431)
i just bought and received one more 6xt for my s3 !

will be moving the screen farther from the pcb
should do a build log soon ( almost finished, all i need is the custom res and then to pipe it )

Rigbuilder and how to put it in your sig post-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gif budget components = budget resultsPearls before swine! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 go_quote.gif

Also rma wise, regardless of what vendor used it's always like getting a tooth pulled imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by szeged go_quote.gif

I facepalmed when trying to explain cpu and gpu overclocking to him after he got his 4930k. It was like teaching trigonometry to a rock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 go_quote.gif

That's like wrapping your car around a pole then asking for warranty service.
Dont be hard on yourself, we all break stuff sooner or later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables go_quote.gif

I don't appreciate your judgment here. I am just stating facts. That's all I'm doing. If you are taking offense to it or something, then that's not my problem, so don't put it on me. Ok?...Good god man. You would know that if you would actually carefully read...
post #2169 of 14087 (permalink) Old 10-07-2014, 11:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 523 (Unique: 351)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post

i just bought and received one more 6xt for my s3 !

will be moving the screen farther from the pcb
should do a build log soon ( almost finished, all i need is the custom res and then to pipe it )

This ought to be interesting. I believe it was tried already in this thread without any success.

edit: Looks like it was @kpoeticg that gave it a go, but iirc was unable to pull it off. Here's one post discussing it with shoggy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpoeticg View Post

Just a reminder that what i'm trying to do is split the main pcb from the lcd by connecting them with a ribbon cable instead of plugging them right into each other
That does not really work since even a short cable can already bring up so much communication errors on the line that the display will not work any more. In the airplex GIGANT we also have to split the display and main controller and only use a shielded cable with about 20 cm. I have no idea which length you need but every centimeter in addition will raise the risk that it does not work anymore.
post #2170 of 14087 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 01:28 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
After reading this forum for so many time, I'm "new" here.

But I had same issues with this:
Quote:

In the official page of NB eLoops, their FAQs say that those fans are not the ones to be used in pull configurations because they make a loud noise. You need to use a shroud if you want to use them in pull.

Nothing to do with using them with Aquaero or other rehobus, just aerodinamics. I suposse that incorrect air flow through the fans makes them more difficult to be controled. I solved that using NB eLoops for push and NB Multiframe for pull, and both are working fine in my AQ6.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in