GPU brackets for mounting Antec 620/920 and Corsair h50/70/110 - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

GPU brackets for mounting Antec 620/920 and Corsair h50/70/110

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 06:52 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
2jzohno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 12
Rep: 0
Have you considered mocking up one for Coolit designed pumps? H60, H80i, H100i etc
2jzohno is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 07:14 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
richie_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: blackpool
Posts: 4,172
Rep: 175 (Unique: 150)
3mm holes are perfectly fine, however use m2 2mm thick screws as some older cards use smaller screw holes for the heat sinks.
the only way i know for the square pumps is the old dwood square but i think that was even more limited due to size and it being sat on the card.

i decided to do a universal approach for both style pumps with my 2 point bracket which works really well and gives alot of flexibility to the user. because i cant cut mine myself i had a large batch made and i would say do the same.

if you need any help/any questions send me a pm
richie_2010 is offline  
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 07:18 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
pc-illiterate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,198
Rep: 359 (Unique: 284)
most pcb are drilled for 4mm and/or 8-32 bolts i believe. it would depend on that size and what size nut/bolt/washer combo you supply. minimum screw/nut/washer size is going to be 3mm. and using my rads as an example, 3mm threads are weak. good 8-32 should work for bolts because i think thats what swiftech supplies with their uni blocks.
you really should slot the 53(.2) holes to allow for actual 54mm mounting. you dont want someone complaining because they used your bracket and chipped, possibly cracking their pcb while tightening your bracket down. a 7950/70 would be expensive to replace.

post-flame-small.gif_.=5 GHz Overclock Club=._post-flame-small.gif
pc-illiterate is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Shazberries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 45
Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzohno View Post

Have you considered mocking up one for Coolit designed pumps? H60, H80i, H100i etc

Sorry, I do not think I will be doing a bracket for square mounts, and If I do, it will definitely be after I figure out the brackets with circular mounts. I do plan to do brackets with and without fan mounts however. smile.gif
Oh, and my reasoning for not wanting to do the square bracket is simple, it seems more difficult and most coolers are circular, sorry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_2010 View Post

3mm holes are perfectly fine, however use m2 2mm thick screws as some older cards use smaller screw holes for the heat sinks.
the only way i know for the square pumps is the old dwood square but i think that was even more limited due to size and it being sat on the card.

i decided to do a universal approach for both style pumps with my 2 point bracket which works really well and gives alot of flexibility to the user. because i cant cut mine myself i had a large batch made and i would say do the same.

if you need any help/any questions send me a pm

Ok, so 3mm holes are fine as long as I get 2mm thick screws... And could you help me with my holes around the bracket circle itself? I figured the way I did it would give the most flexibility, however if you say you have a better way, by all means, let me know! I am very open to suggestions...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc-illiterate View Post

most pcb are drilled for 4mm and/or 8-32 bolts i believe. it would depend on that size and what size nut/bolt/washer combo you supply. minimum screw/nut/washer size is going to be 3mm. and using my rads as an example, 3mm threads are weak. good 8-32 should work for bolts because i think thats what swiftech supplies with their uni blocks.
you really should slot the 53(.2) holes to allow for actual 54mm mounting. you dont want someone complaining because they used your bracket and chipped, possibly cracking their pcb while tightening your bracket down. a 7950/70 would be expensive to replace.

I don't know if I'm understanding this correctly... Are you saying that 3mm would be too small and I should make my holes 4mm? And I am still experimenting with the holes around the cooler part of the bracket... I have friends with AMD cards and potentially the ability to use a 3D printer at my school. So I will update when I have more news.

As for now, I have the first prototype done and hopefully I can 3D print it just to see how it looks and feels on my PCB!

IMPORTANT: One quick thing, I cannot talk about the selling or you guys buying these because I am not an artisan and I have been contacted by a mod and told so. So if you do post something about buying my design, it will be deleted by a mod. frown.gif

Thanks for all the help so far!
Shazberries is offline  
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 08:20 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
richie_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: blackpool
Posts: 4,172
Rep: 175 (Unique: 150)
pc ill is meaning the holes on the pcb are set for 4mm diameter or slightly bigger.
keep your holes as 3mm but use thinner screws because if you paint em it will make the internal diam smaller.

you have the correct dimensions in the pic you liked buddy for the pcb spacings.
richie_2010 is offline  
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Shazberries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 45
Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_2010 View Post

pc ill is meaning the holes on the pcb are set for 4mm diameter or slightly bigger.
keep your holes as 3mm but use thinner screws because if you paint em it will make the internal diam smaller.

you have the correct dimensions in the pic you liked buddy for the pcb spacings.

How will I be able to fit a screw through a 3mm hole and then screw it into a 4mm hole? I will be washers or a backplate I assume?
Shazberries is offline  
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 09:17 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
richie_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: blackpool
Posts: 4,172
Rep: 175 (Unique: 150)
The thread on the screw be 2mm but the heads bigger. Pass the screw through the back of the pcb put the thread through the hole on your bracket n tighten with a nut. Use washers on the card to prevent shorts
richie_2010 is offline  
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 09:52 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Gereti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 890
Rep: 16 (Unique: 10)
Gereti is offline  
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Shazberries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 45
Rep: 0
UPDATE:
Yay! I am able to use the 3D printer, however I had to split the bracket in half because the printer is very small... It also might be wonky because it's very thin. Let's just hope for the best! If this works, I will have a good design done very soon, since I won't have to get the prototypes made from metal.
Shazberries is offline  
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 11:41 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
pc-illiterate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,198
Rep: 359 (Unique: 284)
a 2mm screw will be too small. a 2mm washer would be too small and flimsy being made from nylon to hold itself out of a 4mm hole. the bracket holes will need to be the same size as the holes in the pcb. i am a mechanic, a machinist and a metal worker. i also know exactly what i did and saw when putting on my universal gpu blocks. i am just trying to save you a headache and time and possibly money.
good luck.

post-flame-small.gif_.=5 GHz Overclock Club=._post-flame-small.gif
pc-illiterate is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off