[Official] NZXT Kraken G10 Owner's Club - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] NZXT Kraken G10 Owner's Club

post #11 of 6530 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 10:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCk-AtTaCk View Post

if you guys have any thoughts for the main page let me know!

Compatibility is a nice touch we make a notice that some non-reference GPU's will work with this bracket even know they say there made for reference design.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 6530 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 23 (Unique: 21)
post #13 of 6530 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 01:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hey guys,

I'm having a big issue with the G10. I bought it along with a Kraken X60 to watercool my 780 ti classy. Everything fit and installed fine, but the problem is the temps are awful. I'm between 60-70 on idle and the system crashes if I try to run a benchmark. I thought it was maybe a thermal paste issue, I re-did the thermal paste with Arctic silver 5, but nothing improved. Everything seems to be in properly but my temps are still awful. Not sure what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 6530 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 01:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvidiaFan29 View Post

Hey guys,

I'm having a big issue with the G10. I bought it along with a Kraken X60 to watercool my 780 ti classy. Everything fit and installed fine, but the problem is the temps are awful. I'm between 60-70 on idle and the system crashes if I try to run a benchmark. I thought it was maybe a thermal paste issue, I re-did the thermal paste with Arctic silver 5, but nothing improved. Everything seems to be in properly but my temps are still awful. Not sure what to do.

I think your having the same problem i did, I thought it was tight enough, but infact it wasn't I had the same problem every time i turned heaven benchmarking on it crashed my driver+heaven and sent me back to the desktop. After pondering on it for a day i came back tighten the bracket down and voila never reached over 45c and benchmarking smooth as ever! Hope this helps let us know post some pics of your card also!!
post #15 of 6530 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 02:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Greetings,

I've been reading the forums here for a long time and lately I have been reading the gtx 770 4gb and kraken g10 thread. I went ahead and got one have been holding it for a few weeks, but decided to bite the bulllet and went ahead and ordered a h55 and copper ram sinks and I should have it installed next week. You guys have been a great help in making the decision and I can't wait to get mine installed and get some pics and benchmarks to post:) Cheers

post #16 of 6530 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 02:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldewitt View Post

I think your having the same problem i did, I thought it was tight enough, but infact it wasn't I had the same problem every time i turned heaven benchmarking on it crashed my driver+heaven and sent me back to the desktop. After pondering on it for a day i came back tighten the bracket down and voila never reached over 45c and benchmarking smooth as ever! Hope this helps let us know post some pics of your card also!!

Looks like I was having the same problem as well. The bracket wasn't nearly tight enough. After tightening it up and restarting the temps are real good. Although, now I have another problem. I keep getting blue screens and crashes whenever I try to run something. Sigh. I hope I didn't ruin my card somehow...
post #17 of 6530 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 03:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick1unc View Post

Greetings,

I've been reading the forums here for a long time and lately I have been reading the gtx 770 4gb and kraken g10 thread. I went ahead and got one have been holding it for a few weeks, but decided to bite the bulllet and went ahead and ordered a h55 and copper ram sinks and I should have it installed next week. You guys have been a great help in making the decision and I can't wait to get mine installed and get some pics and benchmarks to post:) Cheers

Glad we could help out, really gopackersjt was the test dummy but i guess we were both test dummies since i have rev. 2 and he has rev. 1 so we know both versions are good to go thumb.gif Gota thank MaCk-AtTaCk for starting the thread and club also! Someone had to!biggrin.gif
Have any questions just post back here and we'll help out the best we can!

Quote:

Looks like I was having the same problem as well. The bracket wasn't nearly tight enough. After tightening it up and restarting the temps are real good. Although, now I have another problem. I keep getting blue screens and crashes whenever I try to run something. Sigh. I hope I didn't ruin my card somehow...

Is your card showing any bending? Did you put heat sinks on the VRAM, or are you sure that the fan on the kraken is blowing the right way? It has a arrow that tells which way the air flow is right on the side of the fan somewhere....Have you blue screen before? Do you know what blue screen is coming up? I'm a PC Tech so i know a little about windows errors so lay it on me! If i don't know then google will tell me wink.gif
post #18 of 6530 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 23 (Unique: 21)
Quote:

To add to idewitt, are you cooling your vrms or memory other then the fan on the kraken? If not that could be your prob. Especially if you have it overclocked at all.
post #19 of 6530 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 03:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldewitt View Post

Glad we could help out, really gopackersjt was the test dummy but i guess we were both test dummies since i have rev. 2 and he has rev. 1 so we know both versions are good to go thumb.gif
Have any questions just post back here and we'll help out the best we can!
Is your card showing any bending? Have you blue screen before? Do you know what blue screen is coming up? I'm a PC Tech so i know a little about windows errors so lay it on me! If i don't know then google will tell me wink.gif

I shouldn't say blue screen. It was artifacting when I was running a benchmark and then crashed. Afterwards when I run a game the driver crashes to desktop. I've never had any problems with this card before. I reinstalled drivers and even rolledback to a previous version with no improvements. The PCB seems straight to me. Ill take some pics if that helps
post #20 of 6530 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 03:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCk-AtTaCk View Post

To add to idewitt, are you cooling your vrms or memory other then the fan on the kraken? If not that could be your prob. Especially if you have it overclocked at all.

Yes I have heatsinks on them. Maybe thats the problem. But i'm running everything at stock settings. Interesting. When I get artifacting its usually because of memory issues when OC'ing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in