Barrow Fittings - Page 128 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Barrow Fittings

post #1271 of 1275 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 01:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Hi I’m using the 16mm v4 compression hardline barrow fittings in Matt black. I bought some 1m bitspower hard tube but it feels a little loose I can pull it out with a bit of pressure.
I tried some from an eBay seller mizucooling and there tube fits perfect it’s nice and snug however they only sell 500mm lengths.
I need some 1m lengths for a large desk build I’m working on.
What ones are you guys using??
I hear xspc tube is tight but I can only fine 14mm not 16mm

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1272 of 1275 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 08:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I ended up going with bitspower 90 & 45 they are phenomenal very stiff & solid I love the feeling of them. I might one day try barrow but for now bitspower is champ.
post #1273 of 1275 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 01:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 62 (Unique: 44)
If some one wants to pay 11 dollars each for a fitting and 15 dollars for an adapter be my guest, I will never pay premium for compression fittings or adapters because it makes little sense these days. Barrow is good quality, among the best on the market and they charge a fair price what is these not to like? Back in the days compression fittings were like 3 dollars each and they were pretty simple and worked great, people didn't feel the need to spend top dollar on all these items. Keep in mind, barrow fittings are not cheap, here in EU they are almost 5 euros each which is 1 euro below EK for example.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1274 of 1275 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 02:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 98 (Unique: 62)
Quote: Originally Posted by PachAz View Post
If some one wants to pay 11 dollars each for a fitting and 15 dollars for an adapter be my guest, I will never pay premium for compression fittings or adapters because it makes little sense these days. Barrow is good quality, among the best on the market and they charge a fair price what is these not to like? Back in the days compression fittings were like 3 dollars each and they were pretty simple and worked great, people didn't feel the need to spend top dollar on all these items. Keep in mind, barrow fittings are not cheap, here in EU they are almost 5 euros each which is 1 euro below EK for example.

Hi there

I have used like EK or Bitspower fittings and now I use solely or only Barrow fittings, on few friend builds I have used like Barrow and Bykski fittings with Bykski CPU and GPU waterblocks and pump as well and no issues

Sadly that's true, in UK price is very similar to EK or XSPC which in many cases is slightly lower priced,I can only guess its down to dollar/£ rate as few years back Barrow prices have been lot better or lower

My brother flying to China sometimes twice per months and he usually buys stuff from Taobao where fittings or chrome plated copper tubing is cheaper than on Aliexpress

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura
post #1275 of 1275 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 02:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 62 (Unique: 44)
The latest gears from EK is just a sad joke to be honest. They have cut cost on all items such as pump tops/res, blocks and radiators. Good bye all "EU" brands, you have milked the market enough for 10 years, time to change. Now you can invest all that money into useless RGB styling and aluminium rads and other AIO nonsense for "Steve the youtuber" and similar customers. EK only have one color on their new plasticizer free tubing, that is clear, how lazy isn't that to offer only one color, and they want 15 euros for 3m HAHA. EK fittings are also funny, you can't tightem them without a allen key and their hose barely fits on the fittings. The EK tubings fitts better on the alphacool fittings than on their own fittings haha. I don't know what to say, I just keep on getting more and more dissapointed.

What else the EK velocity block is a sad joke, I thought the chrome details was metall but it is plastic and the mounting mechanism is a pain, the thumb screws are so short so you can barely screw them in, in the pooly threaded backplate. Spent 30 minutes trying to prevent cross threading the thumb screws that barely reached the back plate. The mounting mechanism is far superior on the alphacool eisblock and xspc raystorm, I don't know what EK was thinking. Good thing I mounted the block with the motherboards alreaddy in the chassis, good luck otherwise trying to push down the thumb screws in the back plate. Worst experiance ever with an 80 dollar block. What else, well it only has one o-ring, no o-ring between the jet plate and the top. Don't buy EK products anymore is my suggestion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in