Forum Jump: 

Barrow Fittings

post #21 of 1255 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 02:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7-2nr View Post

Aliexpress

Reading the Aliexpress descriptions is tough lol. I think this the standard 2 o ring 12mm fitting http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Barrow-Black-G1-4-female-thread-straight-docking-seat-tube-Extend-7-5mm-computer-water-cooling/1846558316.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 1255 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 02:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 522 (Unique: 350)
post #23 of 1255 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 02:53 AM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 1255 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 03:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)

Yeah saw on the Ebay store its for 14mm tubing. Might go that way since its cheap. Do they make 90 and 45 degree adapters for them?

post #25 of 1255 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahrenheit85 View Post

Yeah saw on the Ebay store its for 14mm tubing. Might go that way since its cheap. Do they make 90 and 45 degree adapters for them?
They definitely have adapters for them. You might have to look on aliexpress as the there is a bigger selection and sometimes it's cheaper than eBay. The seller I used was http://www.aliexpress.com/store/431286. It took about two weeks to get here which isn't too bad. My lutro0 customs order has taken over 3 weeks and still hasn't arrived. The only problem with the Barrow acrylic tubing is I don't know where to find a 14mm silicon insert to do the bending. If someone knows where I can get one that would be great

post #26 of 1255 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 07:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 45 (Unique: 39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidh93 View Post

They definitely have adapters for them. You might have to look on aliexpress as the there is a bigger selection and sometimes it's cheaper than eBay. The seller I used was http://www.aliexpress.com/store/431286. It took about two weeks to get here which isn't too bad. My lutro0 customs order has taken over 3 weeks and still hasn't arrived. The only problem with the Barrow acrylic tubing is I don't know where to find a 14mm silicon insert to do the bending. If someone knows where I can get one that would be great

Do you know the ID of the tube? I use oring stock for mine

Depending on the ID of your tube you can perhaps this

http://www.mcmaster.com/#9679k31/=sfv591

Its the largest size in metric. For example for 1/2 inch primochil tubing I use the 9mm stock.
post #27 of 1255 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 11:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 522 (Unique: 350)
Barrow's acrylic tube to go with their 14mm OD multilinks is 10mm ID X 14mm OD.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Top-Quality-Water-Liquid-Cooling-Acrylic-Tube-15-3-4-Long-10mm-ID-X-14mm-OD-USA-/191116735481

Might could use the same 9mm Buna N O-ring cord defiler2k is using (I'm using that as well with 1/2" ID primochill tubing as suggested by IT Diva in the 'Acrylic pipebending 101' thread) but I suspect you might be better off using a 3/8" (9.5mm) silicone one. I'd suggest buying a 3' section of both to see which works best for you.

Or, that's a lot thicker-walled acrylic tube than usual. If you're going to be doing an entire loop with it where you would need a bending cord, not just links for GPUs, then you really might want to consider using more traditional acrylic tubing and fittings.
post #28 of 1255 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Yea I was planning to do my entire loop, so I might use different tube and fittings then. I was going to get some monsoon hardlines since I already have the fittings. But every place I've looked is out of the conversion kits

post #29 of 1255 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 12:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 45 (Unique: 39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidh93 View Post

Yea I was planning to do my entire loop, so I might use different tube and fittings then. I was going to get some monsoon hardlines since I already have the fittings. But every place I've looked is out of the conversion kits

You can use the tube, just try to get an insert that is 1mm smaller than your tube ID if your tube is 10mm ID then the insert that Unicr0nhunter has listed would be your best bet. The challenge with such thick walled tube is that if you need tight bends, it will be difficult to prevent damage to the wall. Do you have a mandrel for bending? .
post #30 of 1255 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiler2k View Post

You can use the tube, just try to get an insert that is 1mm smaller than your tube ID if your tube is 10mm ID then the insert that Unicr0nhunter has listed would be your best bet. The challenge with such thick walled tube is that if you need tight bends, it will be difficult to prevent damage to the wall. Do you have a mandrel for bending? .
I don't have a mandrel, but I was planning on getting the 5/8 inch monsoon kit because 14mm is just slightly smaller. If that doesn't work I guess I could make my own mandrel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in