Barrow Fittings - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Barrow Fittings

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 1255 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 02:39 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Fahrenheit85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NE Philly
Posts: 238
Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7-2nr View Post

Aliexpress

Reading the Aliexpress descriptions is tough lol. I think this the standard 2 o ring 12mm fitting http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Barrow-Black-G1-4-female-thread-straight-docking-seat-tube-Extend-7-5mm-computer-water-cooling/1846558316.html

Fahrenheit85 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 1255 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 02:44 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Unicr0nhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: MiddleofNowhere
Posts: 4,222
Rep: 522 (Unique: 350)
Unicr0nhunter is offline  
post #23 of 1255 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 02:53 AM
Jakusonfire is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 1255 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 03:16 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Fahrenheit85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NE Philly
Posts: 238
Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)

Yeah saw on the Ebay store its for 14mm tubing. Might go that way since its cheap. Do they make 90 and 45 degree adapters for them?

Fahrenheit85 is offline  
post #25 of 1255 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
davidh93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 228
Rep: 13 (Unique: 13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahrenheit85 View Post


Yeah saw on the Ebay store its for 14mm tubing. Might go that way since its cheap. Do they make 90 and 45 degree adapters for them?
They definitely have adapters for them. You might have to look on aliexpress as the there is a bigger selection and sometimes it's cheaper than eBay. The seller I used was http://www.aliexpress.com/store/431286. It took about two weeks to get here which isn't too bad. My lutro0 customs order has taken over 3 weeks and still hasn't arrived. The only problem with the Barrow acrylic tubing is I don't know where to find a 14mm silicon insert to do the bending. If someone knows where I can get one that would be great

davidh93 is offline  
post #26 of 1255 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 07:56 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
defiler2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 738
Rep: 45 (Unique: 39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidh93 View Post

They definitely have adapters for them. You might have to look on aliexpress as the there is a bigger selection and sometimes it's cheaper than eBay. The seller I used was http://www.aliexpress.com/store/431286. It took about two weeks to get here which isn't too bad. My lutro0 customs order has taken over 3 weeks and still hasn't arrived. The only problem with the Barrow acrylic tubing is I don't know where to find a 14mm silicon insert to do the bending. If someone knows where I can get one that would be great

Do you know the ID of the tube? I use oring stock for mine

Depending on the ID of your tube you can perhaps this

http://www.mcmaster.com/#9679k31/=sfv591

Its the largest size in metric. For example for 1/2 inch primochil tubing I use the 9mm stock.
defiler2k is offline  
post #27 of 1255 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 11:59 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Unicr0nhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: MiddleofNowhere
Posts: 4,222
Rep: 522 (Unique: 350)
Barrow's acrylic tube to go with their 14mm OD multilinks is 10mm ID X 14mm OD.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Top-Quality-Water-Liquid-Cooling-Acrylic-Tube-15-3-4-Long-10mm-ID-X-14mm-OD-USA-/191116735481

Might could use the same 9mm Buna N O-ring cord defiler2k is using (I'm using that as well with 1/2" ID primochill tubing as suggested by IT Diva in the 'Acrylic pipebending 101' thread) but I suspect you might be better off using a 3/8" (9.5mm) silicone one. I'd suggest buying a 3' section of both to see which works best for you.

Or, that's a lot thicker-walled acrylic tube than usual. If you're going to be doing an entire loop with it where you would need a bending cord, not just links for GPUs, then you really might want to consider using more traditional acrylic tubing and fittings.
Unicr0nhunter is offline  
post #28 of 1255 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
davidh93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 228
Rep: 13 (Unique: 13)
Yea I was planning to do my entire loop, so I might use different tube and fittings then. I was going to get some monsoon hardlines since I already have the fittings. But every place I've looked is out of the conversion kits

davidh93 is offline  
post #29 of 1255 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 12:31 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
defiler2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 738
Rep: 45 (Unique: 39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidh93 View Post

Yea I was planning to do my entire loop, so I might use different tube and fittings then. I was going to get some monsoon hardlines since I already have the fittings. But every place I've looked is out of the conversion kits

You can use the tube, just try to get an insert that is 1mm smaller than your tube ID if your tube is 10mm ID then the insert that Unicr0nhunter has listed would be your best bet. The challenge with such thick walled tube is that if you need tight bends, it will be difficult to prevent damage to the wall. Do you have a mandrel for bending? .
defiler2k is offline  
post #30 of 1255 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
davidh93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 228
Rep: 13 (Unique: 13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by defiler2k View Post

You can use the tube, just try to get an insert that is 1mm smaller than your tube ID if your tube is 10mm ID then the insert that Unicr0nhunter has listed would be your best bet. The challenge with such thick walled tube is that if you need tight bends, it will be difficult to prevent damage to the wall. Do you have a mandrel for bending? .
I don't have a mandrel, but I was planning on getting the 5/8 inch monsoon kit because 14mm is just slightly smaller. If that doesn't work I guess I could make my own mandrel

davidh93 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off