[Official] FrozenCPU Shuts Its Doors - Page 13 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] FrozenCPU Shuts Its Doors

post #121 of 1583 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 04:03 PM

Time to band together and make a marketplace like http://www.overclockers.co.uk/ frown.gif

There is still xoxide too I just remembered! but dont know how much product they moved for you guys for example compared to ppcs or fcpu

Maybe time to go amazon too, but amazon hurts margins so badly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 1583 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 04:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1
Wow that sucks, they where pretty dam good for me with a large selection of everything.
post #123 of 1583 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 04:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyris View Post

Someone in fcpu expired deals section is PISSED because they did not receive an item in order (a swiftech pump apparently) and are complaining about no response to calls or emails. so looking grim.

(also MCP655 is way more silent than xspcs same version variant, its weird).
Just purchased one of the FCPU tapped variable MCP655 pumps, very nice and good timing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironsmack View Post

Damn... I was going to order some stuff for my RAID card at the end of the month.

Damn, I hope the former employees find jobs soon. It's pretty tough out there. I wish them good luck.

Right after I bought that pump, I also picked this up for my raid card (thank you for years of good business FCPU) biggrin.gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I managed to squeak in those two orders, but failed to place the final order for my 4x180mm Watercool MA RO3 rad. Please open back up, I really want that rad mannnnnnnnnnnnn mad.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 1583 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 04:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
well this sucks placed and order over the weekend to the tune of 180.00 money was taken out and now this.......... great,,,,
post #125 of 1583 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 04:06 PM
You broke it!

Rep: 1090
If it wasn't such a niche market that is so highly competitive, with little margin, I would have been interested in filling their shoes. Frankly water cooling is dying, it just is. AIO are going to replace the majority of the market, and those left doing custom loops aren't enough to sustain it long term.
post #126 of 1583 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 04:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21
Addiction takes everything away. Could be in tax debt or anything. Probably even lost the name "FrozenCPU" forever

Using cash flow to supply a "feeling" I know, I'm 2 years clean still recovery and still think about opiates everyday

- My 7950 Crossfire setup has nothing on my R9 390. The upgrade was worthy... -
- I took a step into the dark side and built an Intel rig..I do NOT regret my decision... -
- Oh and I water cooled it -
post #127 of 1583 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 04:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 522
Oh man I loved FrozenCPU. I've ordered from them dozens of times. Just got a small order from them yesterday.

FCPU had the best customer service I've ever dealt with with any company of any type. They always got the shipments out the same day, usually had a tracking number within an hr or two and they always actually shipped that day if the order was placed before 4 est. They always answered the phone, answered questions and resolved any issues I had with anything. I sometimes pestered them multiple times with questions in the same day.

I really hope somehow they recover from this.
post #128 of 1583 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 04:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalTwinkie View Post

If it wasn't such a niche market that is so highly competitive, with little margin, I would have been interested in filling their shoes. Frankly water cooling is dying, it just is. AIO are going to replace the majority of the market, and those left doing custom loops aren't enough to sustain it long term.

That is absolute nonsense. I've seen people say that over the last 6 years and the watercooling market is only growing. We have more manufacturers with more products and choices than ever. Watercooling will ALWAYS be a niche, but it's not going to die until PCs are 100% obsolete.

CaseLabs
Media Machinist
Don't forget to Join us on FaceBook!
Follow us on Twitter @CaseLabsUSA
post #129 of 1583 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 04:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 399
post #130 of 1583 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 04:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9
I googled the place on google maps and called up the business next door to FrozenCPU to ask if they had any information. They just noted that no cars were at the building and shipments (trucks, etc.) have stopped arriving and departing from the facility. The employee of the neighboring business says it seems like it was abandoned for whatever reason. He also said the building was 100% structurally sound from what he could see.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in