[Official] FrozenCPU Shuts Its Doors - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] FrozenCPU Shuts Its Doors

Closed Thread

post #1 of 1583 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 78
This is not spam, nor is it a joke of any sort. This is a serious matter that I'd like to address that has not been released officially to anyone. Out of respect for privacy I will not be going into detail.

Many people understand that I was a FrozenCPU employee for almost 3 years. I loved the time I spent there, it was not only a fun and enriching experience, but built my work ethic to allow me to become a professional individual through high school. I established unparalleled relationships with my coworkers, many of whom I can consider family. The office staff however, was not the same. Currently I am not employed by, and do not represent FrozenCPU in any way. The owner has struggled a long battle with addiction, and events that unfolded earlier last week have rendered the company unoperational and shut down for good. Physical damage of the warehouse has occurred as well as the dismissal of all support and warehouse staff; the company has no plans of re-establishing themselves.

My initiatives are harmless; I want to protect the community that fostered my love for computers and technology from sending payments or spending money on products that will not come. Some users have already caught on to this fact after their UPS Overnights were not delivered today. Since all staff has been fired, nobody is updating the website to inform the loyal community about the closure, nor has anyone taken steps to shut the website down. I have no sources and no images, and my credibility of this testimony rests on my previous employment with the company (why I nested this thread in "rumors and unconfirmed articles").

Thanks everyone for your time. Mods, if I have done wrong, please PM me and I'll fix any issues. Please DO NOT PM me regarding this topic; I have no further information to give.

TL;DR: Do not order from the FrozenCPU marketplace, as they have closed doors and will not be shipping product or answering E-Mails and phones.

Note from ENTERPRISE
Quote:
This thread has been re-instated. Please post within the boundaries of the TOS as be respectful and courteous to others when posting, even if you do not agree with opinions shared. Furthermore please also note that as there is no official statement as of yet that all information posted up until such a time is for all intense and purposes 100% conjecture until officially verified.

Keep it clean please.

Do NOT call neighboring businesses to confirm. This is unprofessional and unrelated to the company's business.

Current Status (12:04am EST):
FrozenCPU announces that they are not accepting orders on their website homepage:
Quote:
Site down until further notice
February 15, 2015
FrozenCPU.com will not be processing orders until future notice.

Given that this is the final piece of evidence that community was waiting for, I will no longer be updating this thread. It was a hectic and emotion-full week and I'm glad there is finally word from FrozenCPU. Thanks to everyone that provided their input!

ADDITIONAL PHOTOS

PHOTOS OF DAMAGE

Timeline of relevant information:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Primochill announces the end of FrozenCPU on their Facebook page at 5:37pm 2/13:
Quote:
After hearing from Mark earlier this week, we had high hopes that FrozenCPU would recover from whatever hardship occurred. However, we have not received any further indication that this is happening anytime in the near future. This is definitely a hard hit to the community and the industry. We have so much compassion for all affected. Although we have the utmost respect for FrozenCPU, we also are concerned for our customers and resellers that have been derailed by this situation and are desperately looking for our products.
In response to this, we have decided to re-open our online shop for end users, and will again start accepting new reseller applications shortly. We will be working day and night to get the website functional as soon as possible. Your patience during this time is much appreciated.
The loss of Frozen CPU is the end of the Era and we will all miss the great contributions that they made to the computer modification industry.

Exposes photos of damage inside the building of FrozenCPU (posted on 4:53pm EST, 2/11):
PHOTOS OF DAMAGE

Owner of FrozenCPU to HardForum on 2/10 at 10:21pm.
Quote:
"We just heard back from Mark Friga, the owner of FrozenCPU.com, a long time enthusiast community supplier, and he explained to me that FrozenCPU is in fact not going out of business as rumored earlier today. He said that FrozenCPU is currently running a skeleton crew and to please bare with his company while the it is ramping back up to 100% employee capacity." LINK
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramSLI1 View Post

Yeah, this is confirmed. Not sure what's going to happen now, but we have confirmed that Frozen CPU is out of business.

The statement has been retracted in this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Hello all,

I need to officially retract any statements with respect to Frozen CPU closing down made by our rep here. We have no official information in that respect. I do apologize for any confusion on the part of our rep, which was caused by an informal conversation we had and that should have never been publicly disclosed.

The truth of the matter is this: nobody except Frozen CPU insiders really know what happened, and I for one have been unable to contact any such insiders.

All I can hope is that this could be a temporarily thing, and if it is not, then I am personally saddened by the news.

Gabriel Rouchon
Chairman & CEO, Swiftech.

Thanks to 47 Knucklehead for the summary!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1583 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 01:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16
Sad... What other specialized market places for liquid cooling remain?
post #3 of 1583 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 01:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandGlass View Post

Sad... What other specialized market places for liquid cooling remain?

performance-pcs. I prefer them actually.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 1583 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 01:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 158
uh... okay. Doesn't that company have a spokesperson?

post #5 of 1583 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3illusiveman View Post

It's a sole proprietorship, not a corporation, so unfortunately they do not.

post #6 of 1583 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 01:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Pretty much just Performance PCs now here stateside, there are a few others but FrozenCPU and Performance PCs were the only ones that seemed to carry everything.

post #7 of 1583 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 01:45 PM
You broke it!

Rep: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxPhenom 216 View Post

performance-pcs. I prefer them actually.

They are garbage, "amazing" until you have a return and they turn into flaming idiots. I have the e-mail to prove it.

As for FrozenCPU, damn that sucks, they were always great to me and I was on the verge of going back to WC. Hell, I was just browsing their products again........

Life sucks sometimes.
post #8 of 1583 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 01:46 PM
Eh, Wha?

Rep: 715
Sucks if true.

Sidewinders is constantly out of stock on everything, petras-tech closed down, newegg no longer carries any real selection of liquid cooling and other specialty parts, and PPCs is always a total gamble.

What does that leave... hunting around on ebay and amazon? frown.gif

Systems: Fukurou | Prodigy | Tempest | ArcaneServers: Minecraft SMP | Logs: Build Log - Arcane | Video Logs: Project Arcane
Quote:Originally Posted by Zen00 https://www.overclock.net/img/forum/go_quote.gifZero, you are a master story teller, I am sleep now. http://files.overclock.net/images/smilies/thumb.gif
Arcane
(33 items)
Sanctum
(9 items)
Fukurou
(14 items)
CPU
Core i7 980x
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5
GPU
MSI GeForce GTX 1080TI DUKE
GPU
MSI GeForce GTX 680 Lightning
RAM
Kingston HyperX T1
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO
Hard Drive
WD Caviar Black FASS
Hard Drive
Plextor M5S
Hard Drive
WD Velociraptor
Hard Drive
WD FALS
Optical Drive
Sony DVD Burner w/ Lightscribe
Optical Drive
LG Bluray + HDDVD
Power Supply
EVGA 1000 P2
Cooling
Black Ice GTX 360
Cooling
Black Ice GTX 240
Case
Cooler Master HAF 932
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro (64)
Monitor
X-Star DP2710
Monitor
ASUS VK266H Black 25.5" 2ms LCD
Keyboard
X-Armor U9BL (Mech)
Mouse
Razer Deathadder Chroma
Mouse
Cougar Control
Audio
ATH-A900X
Audio
Maudio AV-40
Audio
Polk PSW-10
Audio
Zalman Mic-1 (Clip-on Mic)
Audio
Sound Blaster X7 LE
Other
Logitech G13
Other
Wacom Intuos 3
Other
Modded PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, and Logitech PC Controllers
Other
Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS
Other
Rocketfish 720p Webcam
Other
Scythe "3-Foot Switch"
CPU
Ryzen 7 1700
Motherboard
MSI B350M Mortar Arctic
GPU
RX Vega 64
RAM
G.Skill TridentZ
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 960
Hard Drive
Consatellation
Power Supply
Corsair HX 1050
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
CPU
Core i5-661
Motherboard
GA-H55-USB3
RAM
12GB DDR3 1333
Hard Drive
WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB
Hard Drive
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB
Hard Drive
Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD)
Optical Drive
Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner
Power Supply
Seasonic X750 Gold
Cooling
H50 (With push/pull nocturas)
Case
CM690 II
Operating System
Windows 10 Professional 64
Monitor
LG 47inch LED LCD
Keyboard
Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless
Audio
Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp.
▲ hide details ▲

post #9 of 1583 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 01:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3illusiveman View Post

I'd wager there might have been maybe 7 or 8 full-time employees total for a company like that. More of a Mom and Pop style place so no, probably no official spokesman, no PR department, etc. etc.

post #10 of 1583 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 01:46 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 4426
There is Xoxide and Sidewinder as well. SVC has some stuff as well.

To answer most of your questions: (1) a fridge cannot cool a PC (2) 64-bit OS for over 3.4GB (3) If a PCIe card fits, it should work (4) Resolution, not screen size (5) Report, not respond to Spam (6) Single-Rail/Non-Modular PSUs are not always better than Multi-Rail/Modular (7) Sequential does not matter as much as random for OS drives (8) Requirements come before hardware for servers

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in