Aquatuning Vendor Reps - Now on OCN (Discount codes inside!) - Page 27 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Aquatuning Vendor Reps - Now on OCN (Discount codes inside!)

post #261 of 280 (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 01:39 PM
Head Dwarf

Rep: 86 (Unique: 56)
Not really crazy (at least the idea of a larger number of fans). If you're doing push/pull with a 560 in a larger case, that's $200-- right there in fans if you're after eLoops. Toss in one or more additional rads and you're looking at $250+.

Now, as for me being crazy (or loonie, or whatever), I might be one of the first to acknowledge that

...in a nice sort way of course.

...playin' the lead roll in a dwerg tossing contest.

Last edited by iamjanco; 09-29-2018 at 01:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #262 of 280 (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 03:15 PM
Tetrapyloctomist

Rep: 18 (Unique: 17)
I'm a cheap bastard, lol, what can i say.. i've happily (well, mostly?) settled on the ML120 twinpacks, very good bang for the buck so to speak, 14euro each. There's better in performance, but no way near that cheap and at RPMs well above what i'm interested in.
Frankly? If i could afford it yeah? I'd get the Noctua IPPCs for everything; 33euro each, yeah, and their performance might suck compared to a select few, their noise to performance might also suck, but they are immortal, downright unkillable. Have overvolted them, have had them running in the cellar with zero AC for years on end, have driven them without startup boost; they just kept going. Still are. The more time goes by, the more i find me.. reconsidering certain aspects. But that's for a different thread, lol

As to the latter, goes without saying

Pride, honour and purity.

Last edited by Aenra; 09-29-2018 at 03:20 PM.
post #263 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 02:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 4)
Has anyone been able to get a response from aquatuning on anything at all? I've sent them two emails over the last couple of weeks and no response.. :/

Primary System Specs: Lian Li PC-O11 DX - ROG Maximus XI Formula - Watercooled Intel 9900k (4.9Ghz) - Watercooled RTX 2080 Ti FE - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 32GB - Corsair RM1000i PSU - Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME SSD

Secondary System Specs: Fractal Design Define S2 - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 16GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #264 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 02:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Oh wow.. Just found this on AU Trustpilot under aquatuning reviews from June this year..

They don't send items or respond to emails

I purchased some fans and a cpu delidder from Aquatuning. They charged my card pretty much right away, and for the next month I received zero updates to my order. I sent 2 emails to both US and UK customer service but received no reply from either. After messaging one of their reps on Facebook, I was able to cancel my order. They even took a few days to respond to that. All in all it took a month and a day for me to even get the refund process started, and I am still waiting for the funds. Not only this, but there wasn't a single word of apology in the email. Terrible company, stay away at all costs.

Good thing I didn't place an order.. Sounds like they don't operate their Australian site properly anymore..

Primary System Specs: Lian Li PC-O11 DX - ROG Maximus XI Formula - Watercooled Intel 9900k (4.9Ghz) - Watercooled RTX 2080 Ti FE - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 32GB - Corsair RM1000i PSU - Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME SSD

Secondary System Specs: Fractal Design Define S2 - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 16GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD
post #265 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 03:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Zammin View Post
Oh wow.. Just found this on AU Trustpilot under aquatuning reviews from June this year..

They don't send items or respond to emails

I purchased some fans and a cpu delidder from Aquatuning. They charged my card pretty much right away, and for the next month I received zero updates to my order. I sent 2 emails to both US and UK customer service but received no reply from either. After messaging one of their reps on Facebook, I was able to cancel my order. They even took a few days to respond to that. All in all it took a month and a day for me to even get the refund process started, and I am still waiting for the funds. Not only this, but there wasn't a single word of apology in the email. Terrible company, stay away at all costs.

Good thing I didn't place an order.. Sounds like they don't operate their Australian site properly anymore..
I'm an Aussie and I use their Aussie site without any issues. The last time was only a few months ago. The only condition is you must spend $150+. But, you are aware that if you use the Aussie site it is still the German site just in Aussie dollars.

Case: Corsair 900D. CPU: [email protected] MB: Asus Rog Max XI Formula. RAM: Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz. GPU: GTX 1070 EVGA FTW 2. Drives: 2X Sam 960 Evo 500gb, 2x Sam 850pro 256gb, Sandisk Ultra 11 960Gb, Lacie 4tb external drive (USB type C.) PSU: Corsair RM 1000i.
Watercooling: HWL Nemesis GTX 420/54mm (push only.) Alphacool UT60 420/60mm (push only.) Res: EK X4 250 (R2.0.) Blocks: Cuplex Kryos Next w/Vision. EK Full cover GPU block, EK/ ASUS Crosschill 3. Pump: EK D5.
Aquaero 6 Pro.
post #266 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 07:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Rarestbreed View Post
I'm an Aussie and I use their Aussie site without any issues. The last time was only a few months ago. The only condition is you must spend $150+. But, you are aware that if you use the Aussie site it is still the German site just in Aussie dollars.
Thanks for letting me know man!

When you purchased from their AU site did you have to pay any additional fees or taxes when the items arrived at customs?

I'm not sure whether they cover that stuff. I know someone recently made an order from EK and got a surprise text from customs about additional fees..

post #267 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 07:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Also I was keeping an eye on their alphacool blocks for 2080ti and waiting for them to be in stock. Every day I checked and it said delivery in 3-4 days, then 2-3 days, then 1-2 days, then today "delivery date exceeded". Wat..

http://www.au.aquatuning.com/water-c...0ti-m01?c=7187

I do not understand what this means. I don't know if I was supposed to place an order earlier or if they just aren't receiving stock anymore. I find their site functions so confusing and it's very hard to get in contact with them.

post #268 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 08:20 PM
Missing friends

Rep: 700 (Unique: 431)
Just for the record, when I bought from a t they were beyond quick and quite reasonably priced, however that was before they screwed everyone on their other brand....

Rigbuilder and how to put it in your sig post-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gif budget components = budget resultsPearls before swine! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 go_quote.gif

Also rma wise, regardless of what vendor used it's always like getting a tooth pulled imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by szeged go_quote.gif

I facepalmed when trying to explain cpu and gpu overclocking to him after he got his 4930k. It was like teaching trigonometry to a rock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 go_quote.gif

That's like wrapping your car around a pole then asking for warranty service.
Dont be hard on yourself, we all break stuff sooner or later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables go_quote.gif

I don't appreciate your judgment here. I am just stating facts. That's all I'm doing. If you are taking offense to it or something, then that's not my problem, so don't put it on me. Ok?...Good god man. You would know that if you would actually carefully read...
post #269 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 08:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 34 (Unique: 30)
From my understanding AT-Edward and the rest of them no longer come here. They pretty much soiled the bed with how they handled VPP755 pump claims when they were failing left and right. They blamed ever other company you can think of, blamed their customers and when that failed just left OCN.

After seeing how they handled it I would not buy an Alphacool product or any product from any of their affiliates. It was deplorable IMHO.

Self Proclaimed Gaming Nutt
post #270 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 08:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Zammin View Post
Thanks for letting me know man!

When you purchased from their AU site did you have to pay any additional fees or taxes when the items arrived at customs?

I'm not sure whether they cover that stuff. I know someone recently made an order from EK and got a surprise text from customs about additional fees..
I'll try to answer all your questions in one post. I didn't have to pay the GST but I suspect I just got away with it in time. I think you may now have to pay. As far as I know goods below $1000 are exempt from the GST. My last purchase was ordered 18th July and was here within about 2 weeks. If you are having difficulties I would be patient. I ordered a small parcel from the US recently and it was agonisingly slow getting out of customs and arriving. All it was was 2 right-angled atx adaptors. It's that pea-brained Dutton to blame, I think. I really have had nothing but positive experiences with Aquatuning, I hope it has stayed that way.

Case: Corsair 900D. CPU: [email protected] MB: Asus Rog Max XI Formula. RAM: Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz. GPU: GTX 1070 EVGA FTW 2. Drives: 2X Sam 960 Evo 500gb, 2x Sam 850pro 256gb, Sandisk Ultra 11 960Gb, Lacie 4tb external drive (USB type C.) PSU: Corsair RM 1000i.
Watercooling: HWL Nemesis GTX 420/54mm (push only.) Alphacool UT60 420/60mm (push only.) Res: EK X4 250 (R2.0.) Blocks: Cuplex Kryos Next w/Vision. EK Full cover GPU block, EK/ ASUS Crosschill 3. Pump: EK D5.
Aquaero 6 Pro.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in