Aquatuning Vendor Reps - Now on OCN (Discount codes inside!) - Page 28 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Aquatuning Vendor Reps - Now on OCN (Discount codes inside!)

post #271 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 09:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by Rarestbreed View Post
I'll try to answer all your questions in one post. I didn't have to pay the GST but I suspect I just got away with it in time. I think you may now have to pay. As far as I know goods below $1000 are exempt from the GST. My last purchase was ordered 18th July and was here within about 2 weeks. If you are having difficulties I would be patient. I ordered a small parcel from the US recently and it was agonisingly slow getting out of customs and arriving. All it was was 2 right-angled atx adaptors. It's that pea-brained Dutton to blame, I think. I really have had nothing but positive experiences with Aquatuning, I hope it has stayed that way.
Thanks for filling me in. Unfortunately the $1000 threshold has been lifted for some time now and we have to pay GST on everything ordered from overseas. Newegg and a number of other overseas businesses that sell to AU are including GST and any import fees in the final price on all orders (even below $1000) but I'm not sure about Aquatuning. I sent them an email asking about it but I'm yet to get a response.

I was going to buy the Alphacool waterblock for the 2080Ti as it has the highest microchannel count of any block currently released for the card, but I'm not sure what the deal is since they were counting down the days until they were meant to have stock and now there's just red text saying delivery date exceeded :/ Alphacools own online store says the same thing, but I don't understand whether it means the stock is overdue or I missed the opportunity to order.

Only other site I can find that sells it is ModmyMods but the price including postage is a killer.

Primary System Specs: Lian Li PC-O11 DX - ROG Maximus XI Formula - Watercooled Intel 9900k (4.9Ghz) - Watercooled RTX 2080 Ti FE - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 32GB - Corsair RM1000i PSU - Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME SSD

Secondary System Specs: Fractal Design Define S2 - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 16GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 09:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by ChiTownButcher View Post
From my understanding AT-Edward and the rest of them no longer come here. They pretty much soiled the bed with how they handled VPP755 pump claims when they were failing left and right. They blamed ever other company you can think of, blamed their customers and when that failed just left OCN.

After seeing how they handled it I would not buy an Alphacool product or any product from any of their affiliates. It was deplorable IMHO.
I read about that just recently, which was partly why I was looking for alternatives to Aquatuning. But sadly no-one in Australia sells Alphacool anymore and they appear to have the best 2080Ti waterblock as far as I can tell based on the amount of micro channels.

Alphacool: 35 microchannels
Bitspower: 30 microchannels
EKWB: 29 microchannels
Phanteks: 24 microchannels

Also they are one of the only places that I can get Aquacomputer DP Ultra coolant delivered to Aus.

Primary System Specs: Lian Li PC-O11 DX - ROG Maximus XI Formula - Watercooled Intel 9900k (4.9Ghz) - Watercooled RTX 2080 Ti FE - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 32GB - Corsair RM1000i PSU - Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME SSD

Secondary System Specs: Fractal Design Define S2 - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 16GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD
post #273 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 09:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Zammin View Post
Thanks for filling me in. Unfortunately the $1000 threshold has been lifted for some time now and we have to pay GST on everything ordered from overseas. Newegg and a number of other overseas businesses that sell to AU are including GST and any import fees in the final price on all orders (even below $1000) but I'm not sure about Aquatuning. I sent them an email asking about it but I'm yet to get a response.

I was going to buy the Alphacool waterblock for the 2080Ti as it has the highest microchannel count of any block currently released for the card, but I'm not sure what the deal is since they were counting down the days until they were meant to have stock and now there's just red text saying delivery date exceeded :/ Alphacools own online store says the same thing, but I don't understand whether it means the stock is overdue or I missed the opportunity to order.

Only other site I can find that sells it is ModmyMods but the price including postage is a killer.
The last thing I bought overseas was the 24 pin ATX adaptors and I didn't pay GST on them. The only advice I can give you on the GPU cooler is, it can take some time for some of these parts to be built. You can find the same issue with Aquacomputers' parts. I can only say it is a German thing, I think. They are very fastidious and they wont accept anything but the best. Good luck with it.

Case: Corsair 900D. CPU: [email protected] MB: Asus Rog Max XI Formula. RAM: Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz. GPU: GTX 1070 EVGA FTW 2. Drives: 2X Sam 960 Evo 500gb, 2x Sam 850pro 256gb, Sandisk Ultra 11 960Gb, Lacie 4tb external drive (USB type C.) PSU: Corsair RM 1000i.
Watercooling: HWL Nemesis GTX 420/54mm (push only.) Alphacool UT60 420/60mm (push only.) Res: EK X4 250 (R2.0.) Blocks: Cuplex Kryos Next w/Vision. EK Full cover GPU block, EK/ ASUS Crosschill 3. Pump: EK D5.
Aquaero 6 Pro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #274 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 10:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 34 (Unique: 30)
From my understanding AT-Edward and the rest of them no longer come here. They pretty much soiled the bed with how they handled VPP755 pump claims when they were failing left and right. They blamed ever other company you can think of, blamed their customers and when that failed just left OCN.

After seeing how they handled it I would not buy an Alphacool product or any product from any of their affiliates. It was deplorable IMHO.
I read about that just recently, which was partly why I was looking for alternatives to Aquatuning. But sadly no-one in Australia sells Alphacool anymore and they appear to have the best 2080Ti waterblock as far as I can tell based on the amount of micro channels.

Alphacool: 35 microchannels
Bitspower: 30 microchannels
EKWB: 29 microchannels
Phanteks: 24 microchannels

Also they are one of the only places that I can get Aquacomputer DP Ultra coolant delivered to Aus.
Check out Aqucomputer Kryographics and Watercool Heatkiller blocks. Great build quality and customer service.

Self Proclaimed Gaming Nutt
post #275 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 10:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Rarestbreed View Post
The last thing I bought overseas was the 24 pin ATX adaptors and I didn't pay GST on them. The only advice I can give you on the GPU cooler is, it can take some time for some of these parts to be built. You can find the same issue with Aquacomputers' parts. I can only say it is a German thing, I think. They are very fastidious and they wont accept anything but the best. Good luck with it.
Interesting, I wonder if I might get away without GST haha. That would be great.

Thanks for all the info man, greatly appreciated.

Check out Aqucomputer Kryographics and Watercool Heatkiller blocks. Great build quality and customer service.
I hear a lot of good things about heatkiller. I've been keeping an eye on them waiting for pictures and details of their 2080Ti blocks. I'm not sure where to buy heatkiller stuff though, there's only one distributor in Aus and their range is very small. Unfortunately this is usually the case in Australia when it comes to high end enthusiast watercooling parts. Local places only seem to sell EKWB, Thermaltake, Phanteks and a few odd bits and pieces from other brands like XSPC.

Regarding aquacomputer blocks, that's another brand that's very difficult to get here but I haven't seen a 2080Ti block from them yet. If there is one and I missed it, I would love to see it if someone has a link.

post #276 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 11:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Interesting, I wonder if I might get away without GST haha. That would be great.

I hear a lot of good things about heatkiller. I've been keeping an eye on them waiting for pictures and details of their 2080Ti blocks. I'm not sure where to buy heatkiller stuff though, there's only one distributor in Aus and their range is very small. Unfortunately this is usually the case in Australia when it comes to high end enthusiast watercooling parts. Local places only seem to sell EKWB, Thermaltake, Phanteks and a few odd bits and pieces from other brands like XSPC.

Regarding aquacomputer blocks, that's another brand that's very difficult to get here but I haven't seen a 2080Ti block from them yet. If there is one and I missed it, I would love to see it if someone has a link.
You can buy Heatkiller at Aquatuning. I certainly know the pain of buying watercooling gear in Aus. You're right you just can't buy much at all here. Keep an eye on the link below site for Aquacomputer GPU blocks. Also, some other very good gear. from them, https://shop.aquacomputer.de/index.php But be advised, check Aquatuning first. They sell alot of their gear too and it works out cheaper in the end.

Case: Corsair 900D. CPU: [email protected] MB: Asus Rog Max XI Formula. RAM: Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz. GPU: GTX 1070 EVGA FTW 2. Drives: 2X Sam 960 Evo 500gb, 2x Sam 850pro 256gb, Sandisk Ultra 11 960Gb, Lacie 4tb external drive (USB type C.) PSU: Corsair RM 1000i.
Watercooling: HWL Nemesis GTX 420/54mm (push only.) Alphacool UT60 420/60mm (push only.) Res: EK X4 250 (R2.0.) Blocks: Cuplex Kryos Next w/Vision. EK Full cover GPU block, EK/ ASUS Crosschill 3. Pump: EK D5.
Aquaero 6 Pro.
post #277 of 280 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 05:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 26 (Unique: 23)

did u end up paying GST ? I was thinking about ordering some thermal pads.

Also do any of these coupons work ? is there going to be any for black Friday ?
post #278 of 280 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 04:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by kot0005 View Post
did u end up paying GST ? I was thinking about ordering some thermal pads.

Also do any of these coupons work ? is there going to be any for black Friday ?
Nah I didn't have to pay GST, was pretty stoked haha. The OCN coupon code no longer works unfortunately.

post #279 of 280 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 03:51 PM
Umm, How Bout Noooooo.

Rep: 113 (Unique: 78)
Where do you enter coupon codes? They are claiming their is a current spring sale coupon but I cant find where to put it.

My siggy so empty frown.gif
Favorite OCN Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakusonfire go_quote.gif

You are just talking more and more nonsense now. It's time to take this back to whatever noob forum it came from.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
post #280 of 280 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 05:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 38 (Unique: 30)
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyber Locc View Post
Where do you enter coupon codes? They are claiming their is a current spring sale coupon but I cant find where to put it.
When in your shopping cart look for "I have a voucher", check it, and enter the code.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in