Alphacool GPX Owners Club and Information Thread - Page 43 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Alphacool GPX Owners Club and Information Thread

post #421 of 427 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 05:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 14)
I've gone and ordered myself a GPX block for my graphics card as a little summer project. Nothing fancy just a cheap XFX RX 480 4Gb RS. I bought it 2.5years back I think on black Friday.
They are still the double price for similar card today.
The cooler never was anything great and been a little too loud my my tastes at all times and I wanted to always add it into the loop I have.

I needed some more radiator space as the one 360x45mm I have is barely enough for my cpu, it isn't enough to be honest. Found some 120x45mm radiators for cheap. Purchased 3x for a little fun to try things out, will see if it works out or it's gonna be a hassle.

EDIT: Parts arrived and the GPX block worked without issue.
Though damn you really need to tighten the screws down with force to get them aligned proper.

The radiators were a little of a miss as they were not what the description said. Rather than regular full-copper Nexxxos XP45 120mm they are 45x120mm radiators you get with their GPX Pro kits, cheaper plastics everywhere and different dimensions and only 2 ports not the 6 on the normal one(though they do have a fill-port the regular ones doesn't have).
Caused a little misadventure on how I had planned to mount/use them but it worked out in the end.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0110.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	3.23 MB
ID:	206534  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0112.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	206536  

NEW: Biostar x480GT8... crap shoot. ~4060Mhz CPU, 3144Mhz RAM... 131.0Mhz BCLK.
OLD: Ryzen 7 1700 @ ~4.0Ghz, Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming 3, F25 BIOS Agesa 1.0.0.6
4x8Gb Kingston HX434C19FB2K2/16 3466C19 1.2V @ 3733Mhz 16.(17).23.17.34.71.tRFC 568 1T 1.490V (Micron E-die 16nm)
Corsair LPX 2x8Gb 2666C16R @ 3200Mhz 14.(17).17.17.31.49...(260) 1T1.470V (Micron B-die 25nm)

Last edited by Nighthog; 07-18-2018 at 05:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 427 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 05:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
I'm interested in the Alphacool Eiswolf 240 GPX Pro Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080Ti - black M01, and curious if the pump on the GPU will be strong enough to handle a CPU block as well. Does anyone have any ideas?

Also, are the fittings on these type of coolers removable/replaceable if I want to do away with the quick connects?

post #423 of 427 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 08:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Just got my GPX 980 M11 (used of course) for my 980Ti FTW. I wish there was a full cover block for it, but this GPX should do just fine! Coupling it with the rad/pump/res combo from an H220X (sorry AlphaCool) that I had before, no CPU block. My R7 1700 is sitting under an H100i v2, so I'll have a hybrid WC PC hahahaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #424 of 427 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 10:52 PM
Manual breath enabled

Rep: 21 (Unique: 17)
Just put a fan over the heatsink^^ that helps to keep the vrm cool

post #425 of 427 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 08:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

I use Eiswolf GPX Pro on my NVidia 1080Ti and recently pump started making extremely loud noises and then became completely silent and cooling performance degraded so much I thought the pump died. I took the GPU with the entire loop out of the case and applied de-bubbling technique from
When I put it back and ran benchmarks the cooling performance got even better than when I first installed it, -5℃ on the GPU!
post #426 of 427 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 10:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Alphacool GPX AMD rx 580 install options

My air-cooled (and overclocked) Aorus RX 580 4GB is very noisy when gaming, so I have ordered NexXxoS GPX AMD RX 580 M04 :-)
I know this hybrid block is very restrictive so I am wondering how to install the GPX for best (near silent) operation.

Currently my loop consist of these components:

Danger Den MC-TDX (cooling my I5 2500K - [email protected])
Black Ice Pro III 360mm RAD (with 6xArctic F12 PWM fans)
XSPC LAING D5 RESERVOIR TOP V3 (including ALPHACOOL VPP655 [email protected] RPM)
2x10mm ID 90º Push-In fittings
4x10mm ID straight Push-In fittings
About 1.5meters (or 5 feet) 10,3mm OD/7,5mm ID soft tube

The old radiator manages to cool my cpu passive at low loads, when priming my CPU core temperatures peak @ 62ºC.
I really don't want to increase my pumps RPM, because its practically silent @2650rpm.
So should I install the GPX parallel with my CPU block, to limit the restriction?
Or maybe remove the jet plate insert even though it will increase my GPU temp about 10ºC?
Or will my D5 pump handle CPU and GPU blocks in serial, maybe if I replace the 2x90º fittings with 2x45º fittings?
If I go for serial and remove the insert should I place the GPX before the MC-TDX CPU block?

I know I could test all the above options and stick with what works best, but draining my loop several times is time consuming, so I hope someone with more knowledge than me would be able to advise me.

Last edited by WinWiz; 03-13-2019 at 11:56 AM.
post #427 of 427 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 11:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by golfleep View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by Sky-way 

So I went ahead and removed the jet plate insert to see what kind of effects I would get. This is by no means a definitive test, just quick observations. And I have no real way of measuring flow other that how it "looks" This is on a crossfire R9 280x setup, with one card cooled by the GPX and the other with the stock air cooler. Maxed out both cards with Furmark. Current loop consists of a D5, EK supremacy block, and a 420 rad.

With the jet plate on GPU temps were 48 degrees, with the jet plate removed, GPU temp was 58 degrees. Temperature on the stock card was 78 degrees. So the jet plate definitely has a substantial effect on the performance of the block. But as expected, flow was very noticeably better without the jet plate, which I detected by seeing how much water motion was going on the in my reservoir. Not sure which effect will come into play with three blocks in serial - will flow be decreased to the point where temps will climb? I emailed alpha cool, and they stated a single D5 should have no problem driving three blocks. Probably just have to wait and see and get all three installed, that is, if I keep them, because.....

I cannot fit the backplate of the GPX cooler on my Asus X99e-ws motherboard, the alphacool backplate hits the RAM DIMMs and prevents the GPU card from being seated. And this is with the revised/newer backplate with the lower ribs removed, the ribs hit the actual RAM DIMMs. So I've been doing all the testing without the backplate on. VRM temps were hitting 90's, but once I put a fan blowing across the alpha cool heatsink, temps dropped down to the 60's. So I'm not sure I'm going to be staying with the alpha cool system if I can't use the backplates.
I would like to know if the increased flow influenced your CPU temperature?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in