EK-ZMT tubing and compression fittings - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

EK-ZMT tubing and compression fittings

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-08-2020, 11:42 AM
Shooting down fallacies

Rep: 422 (Unique: 282)
Quote: Originally Posted by boostedevo View Post
Thread from the dead but on my recent pack of ZMT I can’t get a few of my xspc fittings on. Tore up my hand pretty bad even with gloves. It’s really weird because the rig I put together a month ago with a different pack of ZMT and same xspc fittings went on easier. Was tight but still easier. This pack I don’t think I can get on even with old man strength
That's typical. ZMT is out of spec on the OD. It's intentional to push you into EK fittings. I switched to Tygon A-60-G and never looked back - https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/it...3112&catid=864

Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-08-2020, 01:37 PM
Tetrapyloctomist

Rep: 44 (Unique: 27)
Quote: Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post
That's typical. ZMT is out of spec on the OD. It's intentional to push you into EK fittings
Bless you man.. i wanted to say this, but i've bashed EK so often no one would take my word for it, lol
(which is why i bash them all over, 'cause they really do deserve to be bashed, but whatever)

Pride, honour and purity.

Last edited by Aenra; 02-08-2020 at 03:13 PM.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-08-2020, 03:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
That's typical. ZMT is out of spec on the OD. It's intentional to push you into EK fittings. I switched to Tygon A-60-G and never looked back - https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/it...3112&catid=864
I was wondering if there was ZMT type tube for 13/10mm. Thank you. At least something does exist on retail.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 01:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Could you guys recommend any alternative to ZMT? I can't find any Tygon a-60-g in EU, seems to be only for industrial buyers; at least at the few stores I've found tygon in. I was also looking to build something without plasticizer but I've been holding off on fittings because I have no clue which ones fit. Anyhow, the 12/10 (apparently it's actually 12.9 based on what I've found on some forums?) seems to not have many fitting options. I was hoping to find something more affordable that works with norprene (like maybe cheaper than 20/piece and decent).
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 03:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 103 (Unique: 67)
Quote: Originally Posted by Asunder View Post
Could you guys recommend any alternative to ZMT? I can't find any Tygon a-60-g in EU, seems to be only for industrial buyers; at least at the few stores I've found tygon in. I was also looking to build something without plasticizer but I've been holding off on fittings because I have no clue which ones fit. Anyhow, the 12/10 (apparently it's actually 12.9 based on what I've found on some forums?) seems to not have many fitting options. I was hoping to find something more affordable that works with norprene (like maybe cheaper than 20/piece and decent).
Hi there

Sadly in UK or EU you won't find for affordable prices Tygon A-60-G, I bought for myself last time over in USA and my brother has bring me that tubing

Other option is check Watercool.de as they sell EPDM tubing

https://shop.watercool.de/epages/WatercooleK.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/WatercooleK/Products/50272&Locale=en_GB

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-2020, 06:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
I used ZMT with both EKWB and Koolance Compression fittings (10/16). The ZMT ID is tight, but workable. Wet it first before slipping it on.

The EKWB fittings were tight but could be tightened down by hand.
However, the Koolance fittings (on my Koolance disconnects) I had to put two wrenches on to tighten it down to stop micro-leaks.

Build: Z390 ACE
Core i9-9900K OC 5 GHz, MSI Z390 ACE Mobo, AMD Radeon VII GPU OC 2K MHz
Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 3200 RAM, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M SE.
EKWB Z390 ACE Monoblock, Bykski Radeon VII GPU w/b, 2x EKWB 140 Revo D5 Pump & Res.
Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 LT USB Fan-Controller, Quadro, Vision Touch and 'High Flow' Sensor.
(2x) HWL Black Ice Nemesis 280 GTS XFLOW and (1x) Alphacool XT45 X-Flow 280 radiators.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-10-2020, 04:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
Quote: Originally Posted by boostedevo View Post
Thread from the dead but on my recent pack of ZMT I can’t get a few of my xspc fittings on. Tore up my hand pretty bad even with gloves. It’s really weird because the rig I put together a month ago with a different pack of ZMT and same xspc fittings went on easier. Was tight but still easier. This pack I don’t think I can get on even with old man strength
If your fittings are 10/16 either zmt 11.1/16.1 and 9.5/15.9 would work. I've bought 11.1/16.1 by mistake and I just realized after closing one fitting and upon testing how tight it was I was able to remove the zmt from the fitting without much effort. I finish the loop like that and had not leaking but I was not satisfied so I purchased 9.5/15.9 later one for tighter connections and that's it.

Sent from Tapatalk

PCDEBAIANO
(7 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3900X
Motherboard
Taichi X370
GPU
AMD Radeon VII
RAM
HyperX Predator 4000
Cooling
3x360mm
Case
Lian Li o11d
Monitor
HANNspree HG324
▲ hide details ▲
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-10-2020, 05:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 12)
Quote: Originally Posted by bhoot View Post
I was wondering if there was ZMT type tube for 13/10mm. Thank you. At least something does exist on retail.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Peruse here. Maybe you find something?
https://www.overclock.net/forum/61-w...user-club.html
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-10-2020, 08:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
@jura11 thank you for the info! I'll actually email them cause I'm wondering if they'll restock soon.
@Moose-Tech Damn, really sucks if the ZMT's are kinda made to fit only EK fittings. They don't have a huge recommendation rate here... thanks for the advice!
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-20-2020, 06:19 PM
SAY AMBIENT AGAIN! SAY IT

Rep: 4 (Unique: 3)
That's typical. ZMT is out of spec on the OD. It's intentional to push you into EK fittings.
I used the recommended EK Torque fittings with my ZMT and I had lots of issues with the fittings. All bought through their store as well (they don't warn you about the import taxes). I'm glad I bought twice as many as I needed because it was a **** show of mixing and matching the compression tops with non-cross threaded or poorly finished bottom halves. I ended up using a wrench with some ZMT on the business ends and really had to use way more force than I expected. But those fittings are never going to decompress. I will probably have to use all new fittings if I ever replace this stuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in