EK-ZMT tubing and compression fittings - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

EK-ZMT tubing and compression fittings

post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Are there any compatibility issues with EK ZMT and compression fittings in general? like the seal not being tight enough, or being able to pull the tube right out of the fitting after compressing it tightly. I was googling this issue and came up with some results of people having problems and being able to pull the tube. I want to go with EK-ZMT and black sparkle Bitspower fittings for my next build but am worried they won't fit tightly mellowsmiley.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 04:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

I've used Norprene, a very similar tubing material, with compression fittings without issue.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 02:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
I use EK ZMT with EK ACF compression fittings in some parts of my system. I have some very tight bends in there and never had any issues with it..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 02:47 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheM View Post

I use EK ZMT with EK ACF compression fittings in some parts of my system. I have some very tight bends in there and never had any issues with it..

Do you know if it works the same way with Bitspower or XSPC fittings?
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 02:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
I do not use Bitspower or XSPC fittings but Monsoon and Alphacool work fine..
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 09:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 552 (Unique: 388)
My ZMT is very tight with my EK, Bitspower and Barrow fittings ... if anything the comps are a little hard to get on.
If people have problems its most likely just simple tube size variation rather than a brand thing. Look long enough and you will see complaints of being too big or too small for all types of tube and fittings.

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakusonfire View Post

My ZMT is very tight with my EK, Bitspower and Barrow fittings ... if anything the comps are a little hard to get on.
If people have problems its most likely just simple tube size variation rather than a brand thing. Look long enough and you will see complaints of being too big or too small for all types of tube and fittings.

Thanks, that's reassuring thumb.gif
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 03:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakusonfire View Post

My EK fit on my ZMT, Monsoon Free Center is very tight, and I couldn't get my Chain Gun comps on last I tried.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2020, 11:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 7)
Thread from the dead but on my recent pack of ZMT I can’t get a few of my xspc fittings on. Tore up my hand pretty bad even with gloves. It’s really weird because the rig I put together a month ago with a different pack of ZMT and same xspc fittings went on easier. Was tight but still easier. This pack I don’t think I can get on even with old man strength

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-08-2020, 10:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 104 (Unique: 68)
Quote: Originally Posted by boostedevo View Post
Thread from the dead but on my recent pack of ZMT I can’t get a few of my xspc fittings on. Tore up my hand pretty bad even with gloves. It’s really weird because the rig I put together a month ago with a different pack of ZMT and same xspc fittings went on easier. Was tight but still easier. This pack I don’t think I can get on even with old man strength
Hi there

I think I have used XSPC 16/10mm fittings with EK ZMT and too I couldn't get them close properly or couldn't get them on

Yes with EK ZMT your hands will be crying afterwards when you will be closing the few fittings

Personally I use with EK ZMT Barrow 16/10mm Compression fittings and Bykski 16/10mm Compression fittings and both do work with EK ZMT

With EK ZMT this I experienced same, with one batch of EK ZMT its have been so much easier, next batch I just couldn't be able to close with same fittings but still my best fitting for EK ZMT is Barrow or Bykski there

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in