Using Aquaero remote to turn on PC - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Using Aquaero remote to turn on PC

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 03:18 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Hi guys, need some help please! Is there any way to turn on my pc using the Aquaero remote controller? I have the Aquaero 6 pro version
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 06:12 AM
Aqua Computer Staff

Rep: 126 (Unique: 96)
The option to turn the PC on or off via the remote must be configured directly on the device: go to the main menu -> Infrared -> Switch PC on/off via infrared -> configuration -> swichting function enabled -> back -> Learn infrared signal -> press the red power button in the upper left corner of the remote (the only button which can be used with this remote; or use a different remote) -> back (the arrow next to the navigation keys on the right side) -> Action to switch on the PC -> USB keyboard: power key (or wakeup key) -> go back and repeat the same for the action to turn off the PC with the power key or sleep key as action.

The turn off function might depend on your power management settings in Windows.

To turn the PC you have to configure the BIOS so that the keypress of a keyboard is able to start the PC. If that is not possible or does not work correctly you could also use the relay and connect the power button of your PC in parallel. This will do the job for sure (will require other actions in the infrared menu).

Got a question or having trouble with your Aqua Computer product?
Contact us via PM or E-Mail.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Thanks for your super speedy reply Shoggy, will give that a go...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 11:08 AM
Mighty ***der

Hey @Shoggy and anyone else who is knowledgeable on the subject! First, sorry for reviving such an old thread, but didn't see the point clogging up the forum just to ask a question that has already been partially answered! On to my question... is it possible for you to point me to more detailed instructions of using the relay method for turning on the PC with the remote? I have the three pin relay connector. Would I simply need to wire the second and third pins of the relay to the corresponding wires coming from the "C" and "NO" wires of my power switch? I'm assuming that's what you mean by wiring it in parallel... Once that is done what settings would I need to configure in Aquasuite? Thanks in advance for your help, it's greatly appreciated!

Last edited by socialite2dot0; 03-06-2019 at 11:39 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in