Originally Posted by Poisoner
Meh. CLC are good for a variety of reasons, including ease of installation. I don't understand why you big air guys have such a chip on your shoulders over nothing.
Edit: I see you put this in air cooling, which misses your target audience. Come post this is water cooling if you want a real discussion.
Sorry to say, no one has chip on shoulder. Just experience cooling.
Originally Posted by Chargeit
A 980 ti pumps out a lot of heat when running high res uncapped. The system was chocking on the heat out put. I used the stock fans that came with the case, adding a 2nd front intake since it only came with one.
I setup my old H100i as a front intake. I put two top, and one rear exhaust and it works well again. The CPU stays cool from taking in fresh air from the front, and the 3 fans set up as exhaust removes the heat of the GPU well.
You added a 2nd 140mm front fan and no top exhaust.
Did you remove both HDD cage from the R5?
As that will block most of the intake.
So you say your GPU temps are lower with the H100i in front 2x120mm, instead of just 2x 140mm fans?
Those numbers do not add up.
You can even put the H100 on top, as you have more than enough clearance.
Originally Posted by ghostrider85
why you should not buy a big bulky heatsink:
1. it will obstruct everything and will cut your fingers.
2. it prevents you from accessing your ram slots.
3. it will cover your fancy motherboard leds.
4. it may damage your motherboard due to it's weight.
5. you have to remove it when transporting.
6. can't pull fresh air directly from outside, can't exhaust hot air directly to outside.
1. Not always and not true
2. Not all, but some are designed to not block ram
3. That is personal taste if you got LED
4. Never heard that it will do that nor seen it happen.
5. Not hard to do to remove it, and many do move it always.
6. You can with some coolers and cases and you can directly exhaust
7. Not all, there is some good looking coolers.