Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX - Page 199 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX

Old 09-19-2018, 02:55 PM
Linux Lobbyist
Biggus86

Firstly.... that's a metric tuck fon of pages to get through. I've dabbled in this thread many times but not through every page.

There's a lot of good info, and I've registered just to say thanks to those putting up first had experience and advise.

I've had this case for a while now and I've luckily found myself in the posession of a EK 240 kit (RGB), watercooling has been my long term goal for my rig but that initial outlay for the components has prevented me from moving forward.
I've bought a GTS 360 to go up top, I'm just waiting until payday so I can buy a few more fittings and a GPU block. I'm reluctantly going soft tubing as they're the fittings I've got, but hardline will be done at some point.

So my set up will be:

PE 240 Front
GTS 360 Top (panel rested)
EK block for 1080FTW2
EK Supremacy CPU block
EK Rev 140

Now that the Evolv X is out, there's little point in getting my panels cut or doing it myself, I'll make up the cost by selling the x62 and the case, throw a few extra notes in and I've got an even better looking case that I don't have to mod (I hope).

Quote: Originally Posted by therealmckellar View Post
Has anyone modded the front IO to swap out one of the usb ports with a usb c 3.1 port? I have the Maximus IX Formula and it has a 3.1 header. Someone surely has tried this, right?
This is one thing I've not seen whilst scanning all 198 pages, would be interesting to see if people have done it, I've thought about it and running it out back or through the top... but that defeats the point of wanting it on the front I/O.

Again, big thumbs up to most of the solid posters on here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2018, 09:57 AM
Shooting down fallacies
ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about ciarlatano has a spectacular aura about

Quote: Originally Posted by Biggus86 View Post
Firstly.... that's a metric tuck fon of pages to get through. I've dabbled in this thread many times but not through every page.

There's a lot of good info, and I've registered just to say thanks to those putting up first had experience and advise.

I've had this case for a while now and I've luckily found myself in the posession of a EK 240 kit (RGB), watercooling has been my long term goal for my rig but that initial outlay for the components has prevented me from moving forward.
I've bought a GTS 360 to go up top, I'm just waiting until payday so I can buy a few more fittings and a GPU block. I'm reluctantly going soft tubing as they're the fittings I've got, but hardline will be done at some point.

So my set up will be:

PE 240 Front
GTS 360 Top (panel rested)
EK block for 1080FTW2
EK Supremacy CPU block
EK Rev 140

Now that the Evolv X is out, there's little point in getting my panels cut or doing it myself, I'll make up the cost by selling the x62 and the case, throw a few extra notes in and I've got an even better looking case that I don't have to mod (I hope).

This is one thing I've not seen whilst scanning all 198 pages, would be interesting to see if people have done it, I've thought about it and running it out back or through the top... but that defeats the point of wanting it on the front I/O.

Again, big thumbs up to most of the solid posters on here.
Take a look at the Phanteks GPU block. I swapped out a couple of my EK blocks for these. Similar performance, but nicer looking with a good RGB setup, and better build quality than the EKs. You can also use the EVGA backplate with the Phanteks with no issues.

Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....
Old 09-21-2018, 07:15 AM
Linux Lobbyist
Biggus86

Quote: Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post
Take a look at the Phanteks GPU block. I swapped out a couple of my EK blocks for these. Similar performance, but nicer looking with a good RGB setup, and better build quality than the EKs. You can also use the EVGA backplate with the Phanteks with no issues.
I have done, it's not compatible with the ICX cards, and I've seen nothing on Google to say otherwise. Plus the price difference between EK/WC and Phanteks is massive.

I've read that the HK IV offers margionally better performance, but I'm just not sold on it asthetically (if I where to virtically mount, I might be swayed... but I'm not), so I'll stick with EK's offering. I prefer the squared off and milled logo look of EK's terminal block.

I'm that eager to crack on I feel like sticking the rest of it on plastic and starting as soon as it arrives haha.

EDIT: That HK IV is growing on me... been reading through the HK Club thread.

Last edited by Biggus86; 09-22-2018 at 05:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2018, 12:28 PM
New to Overclock.net
Strokin3s Level 1

Damn its been over a month and the case is still out of stock? Anyways.. for the people who have received the case... does it live up to the hype?
Old 10-11-2018, 02:52 PM
New to Overclock.net
haszek Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by Strokin3s View Post
Damn its been over a month and the case is still out of stock? Anyways.. for the people who have received the case... does it live up to the hype?
Case is great. It looks amazing, quality is very high, building in it is a breeze, easy to use multiple radiators (I use 2x360) and temps are very good for me. The only minus are those covers for cables. They look nice when case is empty, but when you need to put through 24pin it doesn't look as nice as with cases that have rubber grommets.

ryzen R7 build
(14 items)
CPU
r7 [email protected] 1.36v
Motherboard
asus crosshair 6 hero
GPU
msi gtx 1080 sea hawk ek
RAM
corsair 4x8gb vengeance led [email protected] 1.45v
Hard Drive
samsung m.2 evo 960
Hard Drive
samsung evo 850
Power Supply
evga p2 1000w
Cooling
ekwb performance 360
Cooling
hl black ice 360 gts
Case
phanteks evolv x
Operating System
windows 10
Monitor
lg oled c6
Mouse
logitech g602
Audio
denon x2200
▲ hide details ▲
Old 11-01-2018, 01:10 AM
New to Overclock.net
Random_Sheep Level 1

Hay everyone.
Firstly to everyone who has posted photos of their rig, all i can say is wow!!!!

Now, i know this has been asked before but does anyone have an accurate cad drawing of the front and top panels?
Am busy working on the modding i would like to do to mine so i was hoping someone might have done one already.

TIA

||i7 2600K 5.0ghz||Corsair H100||8GB Corsair Vengence 1866||GA-Z77x-UD5H-WB||
||MSI 7870 HAWK||Corsair 600T White||Corsair AX850||
Old 01-30-2019, 04:15 AM
New to Overclock.net
Lupo91

Hi everyone

is it possible to put a 360 / 45mm radiator on the top and a 240 of 45 / 60mm in front, without removing the door underneath?

R7 2700X+EkWb-Asus X470 Crosshair VII-G.Skill Ripjaws 3200 Cl14-Rx Vega 64+EkWb-Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb-Evga P2 850W-Asus MG279Q-Phanteks Evolv Atx TG AF-W10 Pro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in