Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX

post #11 of 1987 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 05:18 AM
Shooting down fallacies

Rep: 368 (Unique: 255)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toan View Post

After reading the review on the EK CE 280, it seems like its not a very good performer. Am I looking at the right one to order?

http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-coolstream-ce-280-dual.html

http://www.xtremerigs.net/2016/02/21/ek-coolstream-ce-280mm-radiator-review/3/

The performance on it is fine, I'm not sure what you are seeing in that review that would indicate otherwise. The only rad in that review that is more than a few percent better is the Nemesis GTX, which is considerably thicker and too wide to fit through the midplate opening without cutting it, and even then it might not fit.

Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 1987 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 11:55 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 17 (Unique: 14)
Gotten the Enthoo ATX glass edition on Tuesday earlier this week in Singapore. Probably the first few countries that had it earlier.

20160426_180812_zps2b9wotns.jpg

I was thinking to embark on project Tiny with this case. This case pretty much easy to fit in 360mm radiator at the top. But the front may have a restriction if one has a d5 pump to put at the bottom.

Any reviews on the Bitspower Leviathan Xtreme rads? It looks like HWL rads.
post #13 of 1987 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 05:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

The best combo with the need to go as large as possible s a 360 on top and 280 or 240mm in the front. This gives you the completely lined with rads look you are going for - remember that the bottom of the front rad is not visible behind the midplate, so a 240 "fills" the space to the eye. Using a 280mm in the front actually looks better, it will line up the two rads front edges. Using a 240 or 360 in the front has the front rad mounted further back than the top rad, not as clean looking - plus the 280mm will outperform a 240, and you have excellent 140mm fans for the application already included with the case.

What about going thick 360 in the front (like a HWL SR2 360 MP specifically since it is very good with low speed fans) and a thinner 280 up top? something like a CE 280 or one of the thinner Alphacool 280 rads, and you could still re-use the excellent Phanteks fans from the front.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 1987 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 24)
I went with the 360 in the front and I'm going to put the 280 up top coupled with the Phanteks fans. I've seen a build with this case where the person modded the top of the case right above the tray to accommodate the 140mm fans so they are hidden and out of the way.

post #15 of 1987 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 05:47 PM
Shooting down fallacies

Keep in mind that there is a major issue doing it that way that you will need to address. The case has a very restrictive top so you will need to block up all of the open areas that the 280 up there is going to leave. Otherwise you will do nothing but recirculate warmer and warmer air to the 280.

That mod you referenced makes the top rad completely useless. The fans have no room to work. In short.....don't do it.

post #16 of 1987 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 05:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

Keep in mind that there is a major issue doing it that way that you will need to address. The case has a very restrictive top so you will need to block up all of the open areas that the 280 up there is going to leave. Otherwise you will do nothing but recirculate warmer and warmer air to the 280.

That mod you referenced makes the top rad completely useless. The fans have no room to work. In short.....don't do it.

This is a very good point I had not considered before, thank you smile.gif

So assuming 360 PE on top and 280 CE front, is that enough to cool an overclocked 5930K and a 980 Ti and still remain silent?
post #17 of 1987 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 06:14 PM
Shooting down fallacies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopplerShift View Post

This is a very good point I had not considered before, thank you smile.gif

So assuming 360 PE on top and 280 CE front, is that enough to cool an overclocked 5930K and a 980 Ti and still remain silent?

It is definitely enough rad space for that. Just don't cheap out on the fans, or buy them for the color rings. Stick with high quality fans - GT, Vardar, eLoop, Phanteks MP and the like.

post #18 of 1987 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 11:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Hey guys,

I'm getting the Evolv ATX (tempered glass) soon and was wondering exactly how thick a rad can be when mounted in the front.. I have my mind set on the XE 360 rad from EK, which is 60mm thick, so I would need at least 85mm (and 110mm for push-pull).

post #19 of 1987 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 08:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 94 (Unique: 84)
Quote:
Originally Posted by porro View Post

Hey guys,

I'm getting the Evolv ATX (tempered glass) soon and was wondering exactly how thick a rad can be when mounted in the front.. I have my mind set on the XE 360 rad from EK, which is 60mm thick, so I would need at least 85mm (and 110mm for push-pull).

He mentions for the front the overall room available, so yes 110 should be workable.
post #20 of 1987 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 08:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
one thing about this case is trying to keep itopen I think to show it of. I got the case thinking the radiator at tope would go up a bit so you would only see fans, or vice versa. Was disappoined when I realized post purchase how ti worked.. anyway, where there is a will there is way. If you dont mind "modding the case" you can flush fit the radiator up top with the fans in top of case. There is a little bitit more noise slightly but not bad. Unfortunately post this pic I had a major HW crash on the MB so couldn't tune fans further. 240 45mm in Front and 240 30mm up top.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in