[Official] Alphacool Eisbaer Thread - Page 12 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[Official] Alphacool Eisbaer Thread

post #111 of 215 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 02:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane28 View Post

No wonder the pump was making this terrible noise.. the loop is full of air and its not even topped off with coolant:

Guess i have to go to the store and buy myself some distilled water to top it off...

I was planning to buy Mayems aurora blue with some clear tubing but since that all went south pretty fast that ship has sailed unfortunately because Alphacool decides that Mayhems coolant damages water cooling components without any proof..

People that are interested can go look for themselves how Alphacool is treating their customers: https://www.overclock.net/t/1624192/alphacool-pump-vpp755-review-of-noise-issues-and-problems

Pretty disturbing and worrying if you ask me.. and makes me think twice on buying Alphacool products again..

you mounting to AM4 ? if you are HEADS UP! nut is in wrong place - Yes i Know instructions tell you to mount underneath but unit doesn't make enough contact with the chip set so you are meant to mount the nut between the spring and plate for pressure. The stand along AM4 kit comes with a thick washer so you can still have the nut underneat to act as a guide

also Aurora is not support by any brands, thats the show piece fluid from Mayhems and they even state it for show purposes .Mayhems Pastel is a different matter biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 215 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 06:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Has anyone used both the old Eisberg and the new Eisbaer?

How do the two compared, especially with regards to noise and reliability?

My Eisberg is dying - super low flow, sometimes none at all, and the noise is getting louder and louder. And I am thinking of replacing just the pump/block with an Esibaer solo.

Thanks.
post #113 of 215 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 09:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 106 (Unique: 83)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wywywywy View Post

Has anyone used both the old Eisberg and the new Eisbaer?

How do the two compared, especially with regards to noise and reliability?

My Eisberg is dying - super low flow, sometimes none at all, and the noise is getting louder and louder. And I am thinking of replacing just the pump/block with an Esibaer solo.

Thanks.

I just ripped apart my Eisbaer and reused the 360mm rad for my custom loop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #114 of 215 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 04:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 107 (Unique: 86)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasboogieman View Post

I just ripped apart my Eisbaer and reused the 360mm rad for my custom loop.

I have kinda the same issue with my eisberg which failed, I need to hook it up to my 240 Glacer eventually,
not 100% sure what I need to do that

But can it run.... Angry Birds???

About the NVidia GTX 970
"When comes down to it, it's really a $250 card with lies printed all over the box."--Rexer
post #115 of 215 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 01:42 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 155 (Unique: 92)
What a pile of garbage the Eisbaer 360...

I tried EVERYTHING to get rid of the air bubbles but there is no way of getting them out.. Its making a very annoying sound and i took the cooler out of my case and shook it pretty hard which got rid of the air but now its back..

I will contact my retail store if i can get a new one or my money back as i can't even change the coolant without voiding my warranty..

I really wish i spend a little more and got myself something proper like EKWB kit..

hurricane
(13 items)
CPU
AMD RYZEN 2600x
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair hero 7
GPU
MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G
RAM
G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX
Hard Drive
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB
Power Supply
Cooler Master V850
Cooling
Alphacool Eisbaer 360
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Asus VG248Q
Keyboard
Logitech G910
Mouse
Logitech G900
Audio
logitech Z-2300
▲ hide details ▲
post #116 of 215 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 03:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Anyone knows how to open this up please?

I want to open it to clean the window and the pump.

I have removed the 4 copper screws on the bottom, and cleaned the copper plate already, but I don't see a way of disassembling the rest?

Thanks.
post #117 of 215 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 06:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 14)
Quote:

Anyone knows how to open this up please?

I want to open it to clean the window and the pump.

I have removed the 4 copper screws on the bottom, and cleaned the copper plate already, but I don't see a way of disassembling the rest?

Thanks.

Mayhems blitz kit! sorted biggrin.gif no stripping any part needed for any thing watercooling related
post #118 of 215 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 07:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

There's bits that I want physically scrub off unfortunately!

On that note, Blitz says it can't be used on plated products - what's up with that?
post #119 of 215 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 08:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 106 (Unique: 83)
Quote:

There's bits that I want physically scrub off unfortunately!

On that note, Blitz says it can't be used on plated products - what's up with that?

Blitz is mildly corrosive, that is why its so good at cleaning. Pretty self explanatory why it shouldn't be used on plated goods.

I ditched the Eisbaer for a full custom loop as soon as I could. I don't trust AIOs anymore, too many things that can go wrong with no way of being corrected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane28 View Post

What a pile of garbage the Eisbaer 360...

I tried EVERYTHING to get rid of the air bubbles but there is no way of getting them out.. Its making a very annoying sound and i took the cooler out of my case and shook it pretty hard which got rid of the air but now its back..

I will contact my retail store if i can get a new one or my money back as i can't even change the coolant without voiding my warranty..

I really wish i spend a little more and got myself something proper like EKWB kit..

You do know that resevoir has a fillport right? its that little cap with the flathead screw on it next to the 2 hoses going in to the CPU. Its even marked "fillport" on mine. You can literally unscrew it, fill it up, screw it back and fire it up to let the coolant circulate.
post #120 of 215 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 08:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

I have very very limited space, hence I have to use the Eisbaer.

I want to go proper custom loop eventually, but I'll need a lot of custom parts designed and machined, so it will take a long time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in