[Official] Alphacool Eisbaer Thread - Page 22 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Alphacool Eisbaer Thread

post #211 of 213 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 08:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by os2wiz View Post
It is not the pump . It is air in the pump. Bleed the system and the noise will be gone. "No investigation, no right to speak. " - Mao Tse Tung
It IS air. My EisWolf makes the same sound that you hear in videos posted by people saying that Alphacool replaced their pumps or entire units. The only remedy that I have found is to remove my video card but leave the pump connected and smack the top of the pump rather hard with my knuckles. After that you can hear air start to escape from the pump and through the tubing and the grinding sound from the motor stops immediately. (Remember that this is an EisWOLF for GPU.)

I am guessing that the pump is fine, it is a different problem with the block design that is trapping air somewhere that doesn't easily escape through normal methods. I am now running an Eiswolf and Eisbaer in one loop with two radiators. I hope that with this combo I can keep air from getting back to the Eiswolf pump/block.

Smack it and free those bubbles! (don't smack anything while mounted to your motherboard!)

Last edited by Blankmang; 06-28-2019 at 08:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 213 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 06:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I am waiting for my Eiswolf GPX Pro M16 (for a MSI 1080ti Gaming X) to arrive to combine with my Eisbear LT240 in a single loop and have 2 questions for people on here. This is going in a ITX louqe Ghost S1 and it's proving to be... difficult.

1) I'm seeing that despite the LT240 being designed to expand with an Eiswolf, that the current quick disconnect is on the top port of the LT-Pump. This means the red marking is for inflow, which when combined with a Eiswolf, doesn't work as the blue side on the eiswolf is also for inflow. The pumps would work against each other if this is true. The current online Eisbaer LT manual shows the Red quick disconnect on the bottom port, in comparison with the Unit I have (and it's documentation). Seems like they screwed something up right? Anyone know more on this? My only option is to swap the hoses and refill I guess?

2) My bigger issue... my Eiswolf together with the my 1080ti in a Ghost looks like it will be too tall (I believe the angle fittings to the pump will stick out the top). I'm looking for work arounds... and from the pictures the pump on the Eiswolf looks like it could be flipped (so the inlet/outlet comes out the bottom instead of the top. The model I have: https://www.aquatuning.es/refrigerac...ncl.-backplate
appears to use extensions from the pump to get to the angle brackets... I'm thinking those will be too long if the pump is flipped. Anyone have any idea if those can be removed easily?
post #213 of 213 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 11:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I found a quick way to remove air from Eisbaer solo pump. Just disconnect quick connects from the loop and plug into each other and run the pump.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in