How much to fill reservoir? - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

How much to fill reservoir?

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Thanks for the comment, makes me feel a lot better (As others have said the same). I kept my inlet and outlet on the default positions. The fill port is on the top (Left) and then the loop runs through the right (Bottom) side. The inlet is the upper fitting and the outlet to the pump is the lower fitting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
BTW, I have tried rotating the case to get rid of the bubble, but I will just give it time and see what happens as thermals are quite good. I have been gone from home for the last few days, so my pc has been off, I will turn it back on and see what happens when I get back.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 06:58 PM
RET 0

Location: 'stralia, whereh teh weahter canneh dehcide whet et wahnts te beh.
Rep: 99 (Unique: 78)
In general you try to keep as little air in the loop as possible, any air encourages corrosion and growth, but a little bit of bubbles in a reservoir is perfectly fine provided it stays there. Over time the bubbles will 'grow' due to the water evaporating, if this becomes an issue you can simply add an air trap (commonly the top-up line/hose) and top it up every now and then.

Generally this is why reservoirs are usually mounted vertically as it simplifies air management.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 10:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 83 (Unique: 66)
I'm not a fan of full to the brim reservoirs. I like a high level but an easily visible coolant level.
A human eye should be able to spot any leak, fast or slow, quicker than any machinery.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 12:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Dan

It can be worthing thinking of the ervior as a cup of teas, the larger the amount of liquid, the longer it takes to disipate the heat. With that said, I am going for a full reservior to start with this time. If I find it difficult to cool at higher temperatures then removing some liquid is one option to fix it.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 05:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 18)
Quote: Originally Posted by dannyonekenobi View Post
It can be worthing thinking of the ervior as a cup of teas, the larger the amount of liquid, the longer it takes to disipate the heat. With that said, I am going for a full reservior to start with this time. If I find it difficult to cool at higher temperatures then removing some liquid is one option to fix it.
The amount of liquid doesn't affect the cooling capacity, it affects the thermal inertia: How fast it cools or warms up. The maximum temps aren't affected by the quantity of liquid, just how fast it gets there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in