EK EVO 140 ER Fan. Fluctuating Power Issue w/ Aquaero 6 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

EK EVO 140 ER Fan. Fluctuating Power Issue w/ Aquaero 6

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 8 (Unique: 7)
Hey guys,
I recently purchased some of the new EVO 140ER fans, there the 2000RPM

When I switched them out from the old EK F3's, for some reason on my aquaero software if I put the power setting at full the 'current' power is all over the place it speeds up and down on its own from .18A to 35-40A when I try to slide the power up or down it does nothing. Now the fans have mind of there own... I know my aquaero software works fine as the other F3's I just pulled out worked properly and I can control teh speed via voltage no problem.

For some reason I cannot control the speed of the fans myself at all with these EVO's.

I control my fans via power on the header on the aquaero 6 and I use a splitty9 that splits out to 4 fans per header on teh aquaero. Never had an issue until I changed to these new fans no clue what Im doing wrong?

Any help resolving would be appreciated. thumb.gif

(As you can see from the screenshot the power is at 100 yet the current reads 0.17A and the fans barely spin for a while then briefly will spin faster for a moment then slow down again)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 07:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 101 (Unique: 65)
Hi there

Did you tried set fans set to PWM controlled not to Power controlled?

Did you created fan curve under Controllers?

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jura11 View Post

Hi there

Did you tried set fans set to PWM controlled not to Power controlled?

Did you created fan curve under Controllers?

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Hi thank you. Yes tried that and nothing sadly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 08:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hi there

Strange,saw something similar on AQ 5LT when I tried to control several fans through the Phobya PWM splitter

SPLITTY9 is connected to fan 1 I assume, how many fans do you have on one SPLITTY9?

SPLITTY9 assume is set to fan PWM not Aquabus?

Can you post Controller page and what source are you using for fans, water delta T or water temperature?

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

I have 20 fans in my THW10 build.

4 fans per each Splitty9 and 1 fan header per on the Aquaero6.

Its set to the factory default plug, I havent changed it re the aquabus setting.

I dont use fan curves, just voltage set a permanent low setting for all fans.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Im assuming these new EK EVO fans dont play nicely with the Aquaero for some reason.

I plugged in a EK F3 and a Noctua NF-A14 booth allow me to control just fine via voltage.

When plug the EK EVO back in it just goes in to some random mode where the fan 'current' regardless of the voltage setting fluctuates between .17A and bit higher with higher currents every 3 or 4 minutes just random.

Im totally baffeled.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 09:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hi there

Try creating fan curve on fans through Controller page and base yours fans on water temperature or water delta T if you have water temperature sensor

I have connected 29 fans on my Aquaero 6XT,12*ML120 fans on channel 1, 15*Phanteks PH-F120MP on channel 2,2*Phanteks PH-F140SP on channel 3 which are voltage controlled and all are 3*SPLITTY9

PWM fans are controlled or based on Water Delta T and 140mm fans are based on ambient interior delta and no issue

Its easy to create own curve and then you can set lower maximum power to 80% or lower if you want spin yours fan lot slower this I do too on my fans

This fluctuation I saw only on friend build and Aquaero 5LT where I contacted fans through the Phobya PWM splitter, we are tried 6*Noiseblocker BlackSilent Fan XLP on channel 1 which is PWM and 6*Phanteks PH-F120SP, fans on PWM header has been OK for time being but after while fans started to fluctuate or during the start up or boot up fans went to max speed etc, its has been strange thing which I never saw on my Aquaero, fans on other header went same way, been OK for while and then sane thing happened, at the end we are returned Aquaero 5LT and he got 6LT rather and no issues

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Really appreciate your help. Tried the above suggestions, didnt resolve.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 09:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hi there

Here is how I have setup my fans,hope this helps

Aquasuite fan curve

Aquasuite fans

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 04:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I have an Aquaero 6 LT and also noticed weird behaviour with EKVardar EVO 120ER fans. If I use a single fan on one of the fan connectors, I get a nice flat RPM line in Aquasuite (see "Fan 1" in screenshot). Though if I use a 2- or 3-way splitter cable, the RPM line gets jagged (see "Fan 2" in screenshot). It could be that the Vardars don't play nice with the Aquaero, but after having weird problems with beQuiet Silent Wings 3 on the Aquaero, I'am starting to think that it's the latter which is at fault frown.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in