Can I put two different fans on both sides of a radiator? - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Can I put two different fans on both sides of a radiator?

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 04:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 231 (Unique: 165)
Martinsliquidlab did testing on this but since archived on a new site may be difficult to find. We still carry a lot of mindsets over form last millenium practices but the thing is hi SP fans are really a thing of the past except in rare instances. Back in the day 30 fpi fans were common, now we see mostly 8 - 12 fpi stuff. In addition, especially w/ Intel / nVidia stuff, we are not seeing the temperature wall be the stopping block nowadays ... for the most part, when I am OCing, I am hitting voltage levels that make me skittish before I hit temp levels that I am concerned with.

Pull generally performs better up to about 1500 rpm ... push is better above 1750 rpm.

"It was very clear that when using two fans per radiator section, that the radiator intself acts as a flow spreader and provided great benefit to straightening out the air for the second fan in a push/pull configuration. Just like doubling up with a pump, there is a pressure benefit to doubling up on fans and this translates to about a 20-30% performance gain. The added fan pressure simply means and added gain in air flow and corresponding performance. None of the experimental pull/pull or push/push configurations provided any noteworthy benefit as it seams the air is simply too disturbed from the first fan to allow the second to perform properly when air is moving."

I couldn't find the article I was looking for where he addressed your issue but the search feature of the new site isn't very fruitful.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 05:30 PM
⤷ αC

Rep: 904 (Unique: 590)
Quote: Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post
Exactly. If you want lights, buy lights. If you want air movement, buy fans.
lol I'm a RGB Heathen that's selling wraith PRISM.

More on topic , Phanteks Halos are probably a better option for the OP. Instead of giving up performance for bling, you gain the ability to use the best fans without any downsides.

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 10:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by toolmaker03 View Post
have you considered getting some phobya fans shrouds and adding the lights you want to that?

https://www.amazon.com/Phobya-Shroud...10XFA4EF33KB9W

https://www.amazon.com/Lights-wired-.../dp/B007O21Z5Q

that is what I did so that I would not need lighted fans.

the sad part here is that I did all of the lighting, but I have only turned the lights on about 4 times in the past year. most of the time, the lights are in the off position when the PC is running, because I don't sit there and stair at my PC, while I am playing a game. so there is no good reason to leave the lights on.

The quality of the picture is so low i cannot see a damn thing :/
You are making a very good point though about how useless rgb is inside a computer, it's fancy for pictures and maybe if you want to throw some lights during a party at your home otherwise it is downright useless

Tags
Corsair , Fans , Noctua , pull , push

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in