Alphacool Eisbaer Extreme (D5 + Silent Wings 3) AIO "kit" - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Alphacool Eisbaer Extreme (D5 + Silent Wings 3) AIO "kit"

post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 01:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post
Oh, goodie! We get to see more tales of the pump that doesn't work and the company that won't stand behind it!
https://www.overclock.net/forum/61-w...-problems.html
What a complete joke......

If it happens to work for more than a week.......
The "V3" suffix may mean the problem has been fixed, may not?

Off topic: Eagles just made touch down.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 06:10 PM
Shooting down fallacies

Rep: 404 (Unique: 271)
Quote: Originally Posted by lb_felipe View Post

Did they get customer service V3 to go with it?

Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 10:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 34 (Unique: 30)

Did they get customer service V3 to go with it?
Agreed. The fact that the pump didnt work (the fact that there even is a "V3" is proof of that) is 100% ok because they tried something new. What is NOT ok is the completely sh** way they treated their customers and treated people who gave them a chance like a bunch of 3rd rate plebs, blamed how the installed it, blamed what fluid they used and EVERY other possible way to accept no responsibility for making a faulty product... AND THE OWNER STOOD BY AND LET IT HAPPEN. I will never give AlphaSTOOL a dime of my money for this alone. If they became the only PC watercooling company in the world I would go back to Air.

Good luck with your $250 AIO. When it breaks under warranty period you can wipe your backside with paper its printed on while they tell you how you connected a QD fitting incorrectly or some other nonsense they will make up like they did with V1 and V2 owners.

Self Proclaimed Gaming Nutt

Last edited by ChiTownButcher; 01-13-2019 at 10:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 05:00 AM
Shooting down fallacies

Quote: Originally Posted by ChiTownButcher View Post
Agreed. The fact that the pump didnt work (the fact that there even is a "V3" is proof of that) is 100% ok because they tried something new.
Well, in reality, they tried to find a way to higher profit margin. Which is fine, given that they are a business and that is their prime objective. Now they are likely on the hook for buying X number of units whether they actually work or not. But.....

Quote: Originally Posted by ChiTownButcher View Post
What is NOT ok is the completely sh** way they treated their customers and treated people who gave them a chance like a bunch of 3rd rate plebs, blamed how the installed it, blamed what fluid they used and EVERY other possible way to accept no responsibility for making a faulty product... AND THE OWNER STOOD BY AND LET IT HAPPEN. I will never give AlphaSTOOL a dime of my money for this alone. If they became the only PC watercooling company in the world I would go back to Air.

Good luck with your $250 AIO. When it breaks under warranty period you can wipe your backside with paper its printed on while they tell you how you connected a QD fitting incorrectly or some other nonsense they will make up like they did with V1 and V2 owners.
This is the biggest part of the issue. They know their pump doesn't work, but they continue to sell it, and then deny any responsibility when it doesn't. I was not a fan of AC before this mess, and this certainly hasn't helped.

post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 08:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Well, in reality, they tried to find a way to higher profit margin. Which is fine, given that they are a business and that is their prime objective. Now they are likely on the hook for buying X number of units whether they actually work or not. But.....

This is the biggest part of the issue. They know their pump doesn't work, but they continue to sell it, and then deny any responsibility when it doesn't. I was not a fan of AC before this mess, and this certainly hasn't helped.

What other company/product line would you recommend me for AiO that I might customize/extend in future? Something with good perfomance/price ratio would be the best.

VR Rig
(14 items)
CPU
AMD 3700X
Motherboard
Asrock X470 Taichi
GPU
MSI RTX 2080 Ti Sea Hawk X
RAM
G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GTZ
Hard Drive
Adata XPG SX Pro 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Power Supply
Corsair AX1600i
Cooling
Custom WC
Case
Fractal Design R6 BlackOut
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Dell S2417DG
Keyboard
X-Bows Ergonomic Mechanical RGB Keyboard
Mouse
Vertical mouse, and one cheap china gaming mouse
Audio
Jamo S60 5.1 w/ Yamaha HTR 6030
▲ hide details ▲
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 09:00 AM
Shooting down fallacies

Quote: Originally Posted by Diablix6 View Post

What other company/product line would you recommend me for AiO that I might customize/extend in future? Something with good perfomance/price ratio would be the best.
Personally, I'm partial to the Swiftech over the EK. Better pump and better performance at low noise levels. Everything else is really a step down.

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 11:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Personally, I'm partial to the Swiftech over the EK. Better pump and better performance at low noise levels. Everything else is really a step down.

Thanks for your recommendation. Well, as for Swiftech is nowhere to be found in my or neigboring countries, I will have to try something else . I was always deciding between EK and Alphacool. And even though I have been leaning toward Alphacool, but with problems with their products and Customer Service that I have read here, I will probably go with EK.

VR Rig
(14 items)
CPU
AMD 3700X
Motherboard
Asrock X470 Taichi
GPU
MSI RTX 2080 Ti Sea Hawk X
RAM
G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GTZ
Hard Drive
Adata XPG SX Pro 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Power Supply
Corsair AX1600i
Cooling
Custom WC
Case
Fractal Design R6 BlackOut
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Dell S2417DG
Keyboard
X-Bows Ergonomic Mechanical RGB Keyboard
Mouse
Vertical mouse, and one cheap china gaming mouse
Audio
Jamo S60 5.1 w/ Yamaha HTR 6030
▲ hide details ▲
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter
⤷ αC

Rep: 904 (Unique: 590)
The Swiftech Drive x3 kit is much cheaper price-wise than the Alphacool Eisbaer extreme.

It's going to be hard for alphacool to move many units of the Eisbaer Extreme. The savings on going with the Eisbaer extreme is minimal due to it being a 280 rather than 360 and since it's a VPP755 pump it really doesn't inspire confidence.

Swiftech ships across the world if you pay via Paypal. https://www.swiftech.com/drive-x3-aio.aspx

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 05:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by AlphaC View Post
The Swiftech Drive x3 kit is much cheaper price-wise than the Alphacool Eisbaer extreme.

It's going to be hard for alphacool to move many units of the Eisbaer Extreme. The savings on going with the Eisbaer extreme is minimal due to it being a 280 rather than 360 and since it's a VPP755 pump it really doesn't inspire confidence.

Swiftech ships across the world if you pay via Paypal. https://www.swiftech.com/drive-x3-aio.aspx
What is the best AIO with nice sounding pump and fans?

I am drawing up a plan of building a extreme custom loop cool'ed rig but that thing is going to go over $10,000, besides requiring a lot of effort in its assembling. So I'm on the radar for easier solutions. I heard good thing about Alphacool Eisbaer Extreme AiO from press on the CES, but this thread left me worried about pump failure. They said its pump is very quiet and it comes with two SW3. Is it woth the risk?

post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 05:55 PM
Shooting down fallacies

What is the best AIO with nice sounding pump and fans?

I am drawing up a plan of building a extreme custom loop cool'ed rig but that thing is going to go over $10,000, besides requiring a lot of effort in its assembling. So I'm on the radar for easier solutions. I heard good thing about Alphacool Eisbaer Extreme AiO from press on the CES, but this thread left me worried about pump failure. They said its pump is very quiet and it comes with two SW3. Is it woth the risk?
When the pump goes, throw it away (since AC won't stand behind it) and buy a Swiftech. The Swiftch pump can also be directly replaced with their MCP50X should you need more flow.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in