Alphacool Eisbaer Extreme (D5 + Silent Wings 3) AIO "kit" - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Alphacool Eisbaer Extreme (D5 + Silent Wings 3) AIO "kit"

post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter
⤷ αC

Rep: 904 (Unique: 590)
First reviews are up with a teardown:

https://vonguru.fr/2019/01/28/test-e...black-edition/

Only performs on par with a Be Quiet Silent Loop 280...

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 02:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by AlphaC View Post

Is that bad?

Another: https://youtu.be/VD_Z6QL1dI0

Last edited by lb_felipe; 02-03-2019 at 02:48 PM.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter
⤷ αC

Translation: It's using the $70 VPP755 "D5" (aka >15W) pump but only performs on par with a slim 30mm radiator with a $20 DC-LT pump.

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 03:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Translation: It's using the $70 VPP755 "D5" (aka >15W) pump but only performs on par with a slim 30mm radiator with a $20 DC-LT pump.
If I get you, it's a shame. I'll delete Eisbaer Extreme from my short list.

Please, I don't know English. Tell me why Jayz said that AiO cooler is ridiculous.

post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 04:16 PM
Shooting down fallacies

Rep: 404 (Unique: 271)
It's the same rad core, isn't it?

Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 04:18 PM
Tetrapyloctomist

Rep: 21 (Unique: 20)
Alpha, the pump's there for you to have the flow and head.. headroom to add more blocks/rads, not as an indication of cooling potential..

As to the actual performance, what ciarla said (how often do i say that, lol).. a typical AIO rad's a rad is a rad.

Pride, honour and purity.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 04:30 PM
Meep

Rep: 299 (Unique: 220)
Are we looking at the same review? To me it looks like it has similar temperatures at lower noise. Which isn't "on par".

And the Eisbaer Extreme also uses said slim 30mm radiator, not sure why you felt the need to make it seem like the EE has a thicker radiator. (Internet went down while writing and got ninja'd)

I also have my doubts about this AIO, but at least try to get your facts straight and be objective about it.
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 05:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

This chart doesn't make any sense.

How EK fans are so quieter at 1209 rpm than SW3 at 778 rpm?

https://vonguru.fr/wp-content/upload...-vonguru-3.jpg

post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter
⤷ αC

The Eisbaer extreme uses a different CPU block , the Eisblock XPX which should be better by 1-2°C.

The performance of the kit with PWM control is on par with Be Quiet Silent Loop, maxed out fans it does a bit better but that is probably due to better fans (Silent Wings 3 vs Pure Wings 2). The pump on Silent loop also maxes out at 2200RPM.

Maybe the real reason is the CPU isn't high enough TDP even under that load to show differences , as there's less than 2°C difference to the Silent Loop which can be accounted for from CPU block and the fans.

People buying Eisbaer or Silent Loop units are likely going to get the eiswolf unit for GPU expansion which has another pump: the cost difference is minimal between a GPX and a Eiswolf block. The eiswolf blocks naturally have less VRM cooling due to the lack of direct cooling.

Eisbaer 280 is ~ $160
Eiswolf block is ~ $160

Total is less than this kit with a GPU block so it better be a really large improvement as it takes much more space in terms of thickness

I'll keep an eye out for more reviews but this first one seems rather underwhelming since it also performs worse than MLC Phoenix with the 6W SPC-60MX pump and we know that EK's slim radiators aren't as good.

Quote: Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post
I think the hexagon grille thing is making it perform worse than it should. The xtremerigs site reviewed a radiator from Alphacool that had a similar drawback.

https://www.xtremerigs.net/2016/12/0...-pro-review/5/

Quote: Originally Posted by lb_felipe View Post

Includes the grille + pump

post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 06:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

The Eisbaer extreme uses a different CPU block , the Eisblock XPX which should be better by 1-2°C.

The performance of the kit with PWM control is on par with Be Quiet Silent Loop, maxed out fans it does a bit better but that is probably due to better fans (Silent Wings 3 vs Pure Wings 2). The pump on Silent loop also maxes out at 2200RPM.

Maybe the real reason is the CPU isn't high enough TDP even under that load to show differences , as there's less than 2°C difference to the Silent Loop which can be accounted for from CPU block and the fans.

People buying Eisbaer or Silent Loop units are likely going to get the eiswolf unit for GPU expansion which has another pump: the cost difference is minimal between a GPX and a Eiswolf block. The eiswolf blocks naturally have less VRM cooling due to the lack of direct cooling.

Eisbaer 280 is ~ $160
Eiswolf block is ~ $160

Total is less than this kit with a GPU block so it better be a really large improvement as it takes much more space in terms of thickness

I'll keep an eye out for more reviews but this first one seems rather underwhelming since it also performs worse than MLC Phoenix with the 6W SPC-60MX pump and we know that EK's slim radiators aren't as good.

Quote: Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post
I think the hexagon grille thing is making it perform worse than it should. The xtremerigs site reviewed a radiator from Alphacool that had a similar drawback.

https://www.xtremerigs.net/2016/12/0...-pro-review/5/

Quote: Originally Posted by lb_felipe View Post

Includes the grille + pump
Even so... EK also has a pump obviously and I think does a grille.

I was thinking... Would it be fans in pull killing the cooling performance?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in