Looking For Case Suggestion and Opinions on my Cooling Setup Concept - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Looking For Case Suggestion and Opinions on my Cooling Setup Concept

post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 3)
Looking For Case Suggestion and Opinions on my Cooling Setup Concept

So I've recently rebuilt in my HAF X as the components were starting to show its age.
I really want to move to hard line tubing - something that only the pro's were doing when I got my HAF X in 2012.

Here's her now:

I also want to update my case. The Corsair 1000D seems great, but I don't know if I need so much room as I'm not interested in building a dual loop/pump setup but as big as the HAF X is, it still feels cramped.

Attached is my vision of what my setup will look like. That's a 360rad p/p on top and a 240rad (can be push or pull or both) and a Maximus Formula X. Do any of the following brands make a case under $300 that could accommodate such a setup. Corsair, Lain Li, Phanteks, Silverstone, EVGA. CORSAIR Obsidian 500D RGB looks nice, but not sure if it will be roomy enough.

Any help is appreciated! thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new pc cooling concept.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	225572  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 03:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I'm not sure why you have legs on the outside of your rads? Most full towers would fit your wishlist.

Case: Corsair 900D. CPU: [email protected] MB: Asus Rog Max XI Formula. RAM: Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz. GPU: GTX 1070 EVGA FTW 2. Drives: 2X Sam 960 Evo 500gb, 2x Sam 850pro 256gb, Sandisk Ultra 11 960Gb, Lacie 4tb external drive (USB type C.) PSU: Corsair RM 1000i.
Watercooling: HWL Nemesis GTX 420/54mm (push only.) Alphacool UT60 420/60mm (push only.) Res: EK X4 250 (R2.0.) Blocks: Cuplex Kryos Next w/Vision. EK Full cover GPU block, EK/ ASUS Crosschill 3. Pump: EK D5.
Aquaero 6 Pro.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 05:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 39 (Unique: 29)
On first look I would say Caselabs, but let's check some nice options.
You really decide to install radiator on front to push hot air on motherboard and GPU or in front panel.

Option I could remember is CORSAIR Crystal 570X but you need something bigger probably.
What you think, Lian Li PC-V3000 aka Eternal, 350$, Alu dude.
Almost half weight of similar case made from steel.

12kg only together with Tempered Glass. CORSAIR 900D without tempered glass have 19 kg.
And PC-V3000 is BIIIG.

http://www.lian-li.com/pc-v3000/

Configuration you asked.
My vote go for him.

Second option is EVGA DG-87. Inside you can install hardware from your picture in same orientation.
You don't need to drill case, most reservoirs could be installed on mid fan on radiator you want in horizontal orientation.
But with your hardware case and watercooling case will be 30-35kg heavy easy. PC-V3000 only 20kg.
1000D from my perspective is build to sell 112-116 CORSAIR RGB Fans.

Last edited by Vlada011; 10-20-2018 at 05:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 09:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 43 (Unique: 36)
Quote: Originally Posted by Vlada011 View Post
On first look I would say Caselabs, but let's check some nice options.
You really decide to install radiator on front to push hot air on motherboard and GPU or in front panel.

Option I could remember is CORSAIR Crystal 570X but you need something bigger probably.
What you think, Lian Li PC-V3000 aka Eternal, 350$, Alu dude.
Almost half weight of similar case made from steel.

12kg only together with Tempered Glass. CORSAIR 900D without tempered glass have 19 kg.
And PC-V3000 is BIIIG.

http://www.lian-li.com/pc-v3000/

Configuration you asked.
My vote go for him.

Second option is EVGA DG-87. Inside you can install hardware from your picture in same orientation.
You don't need to drill case, most reservoirs could be installed on mid fan on radiator you want in horizontal orientation.
But with your hardware case and watercooling case will be 30-35kg heavy easy. PC-V3000 only 20kg.
1000D from my perspective is build to sell 112-116 CORSAIR RGB Fans.
Caselabs is out of business. 😔

Max radiator for case size look at Thermaltake Core X5/X9/Level20 XT, Corsair 900D/1000D, Enthoo Elite/Primo/Lux.

The X9 or Level 20xt can fit 3x480/420 Rads plus a 240 pretty east

Self Proclaimed Gaming Nutt
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 06:31 AM
Shooting down fallacies

Rep: 428 (Unique: 285)
Quote: Originally Posted by HugeTorque View Post
Attached is my vision of what my setup will look like. That's a 360rad p/p on top and a 240rad (can be push or pull or both) and a Maximus Formula X. Do any of the following brands make a case under $300 that could accommodate such a setup. Corsair, Lain Li, Phanteks, Silverstone, EVGA. CORSAIR Obsidian 500D RGB looks nice, but not sure if it will be roomy enough.
One of the huge downsides of computer shopping going almost exclusively to the internet is that you can't see and touch the cases in person to evaluate fit & finish, materials, build quality, etc. If you could, I am sure that Corsair and EVGA would fall off that list instantly, Tt would never be added to it, and Fractal likely would be added.

That said, the Phanteks Luxe or Evolv X would house your idea perfectly. However, the Luxe is really long in the tooth at this point and is rumored to be undergoing a refresh. Not sure when that is happening, though.

The Lian Li PCO11 will also fill the needs (plus a whole lot of room for growth), and is a really nice design. The same can be said for the Fractal Define S, but it is certainly on the other end of the spectrum as far as aesthetics.

I love Silverstone cases. Their design and build quality are pretty incredible for air cooling, but they have gotten into the "liquid cooling friendly" game a bit late, and the designs still seem a lot less friendly than a lot of others. I haven't done a WaCo build in a Silverstone, simply because I knew prior to the build that what I wanted to do wouldn't work. But, I have seen a number, and they always seem to involve some type of modding or sacrifice along the way.

Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 08:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 43 (Unique: 36)
Quote: Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by HugeTorque View Post
One of the huge downsides of computer shopping going almost exclusively to the internet is that you can't see and touch the cases in person to evaluate fit & finish, materials, build quality, etc. If you could, I am sure that Corsair and EVGA would fall off that list instantly, Tt would never be added to it, and Fractal likely would be added.

That said, the Phanteks Luxe or Evolv X would house your idea perfectly. However, the Luxe is really long in the tooth at this point and is rumored to be undergoing a refresh. Not sure when that is happening, though.

The Lian Li PCO11 will also fill the needs (plus a whole lot of room for growth), and is a really nice design. The same can be said for the Fractal Define S, but it is certainly on the other end of the spectrum as far as aesthetics.

I love Silverstone cases. Their design and build quality are pretty incredible for air cooling, but they have gotten into the "liquid cooling friendly" game a bit late, and the designs still seem a lot less friendly than a lot of others. I haven't done a WaCo build in a Silverstone, simply because I knew prior to the build that what I wanted to do wouldn't work. But, I have seen a number, and they always seem to involve some type of modding or sacrifice along the way.
Agreed. Cant believe I forgot about Lian Li.

Yes Thermaltake cases are built cheaply. Sheet metal is very thin. I wish caselabs was still around or at the least Thermal Take would up their build quality.

Self Proclaimed Gaming Nutt

Last edited by ChiTownButcher; 10-21-2018 at 09:23 AM.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 06:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 92 (Unique: 72)
A corsair 780t or 750D can fit what you have listed. The 1000D is far more than is needed for that loop setup, as is the 900D.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 01:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Forgive me if I'm really drunk and missed the point of the post completely, but I fit 2x 360 rads in a Lian li PC 011 and didnt even use the bottom slot. Case was like $140. I wish I was still into soft tube. That build would have been so much easier....

Last edited by TreyMacdaddy; 10-22-2018 at 01:50 AM.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 01:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by ChiTownButcher View Post
Agreed. Cant believe I forgot about Lian Li.

Yes Thermaltake cases are built cheaply. Sheet metal is very thin. I wish caselabs was still around or at the least Thermal Take would up their build quality.
Is thermaltake still that bad? I was huge into watercooling back in 05-07 and they were just the worst back then. When I recently got back into it I was pleased to see they had sorta "turned around".
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 03:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 39 (Unique: 29)
Quote: Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

Because if you touch Lian Li aluminium you will not get out from store without him.
I mean on real Lian Li aluminium surface as PC-V3000. It's enogh to open door and to touch one HDD Stand you see on pictures to buy him.

You can compare other brands, but Lian Li is not in class with them, only his price 340$ is in class of some of them.
Surface, connections, it's far more precise, and better. Even than more expensive, Cosmos etc...

It's not only surface, and options are great, top have two grills, one is cover and below is grill as well for reservoir, easy to remove.

This is PC-V3000 top and back side... If you once buy that you don't look other cases, I know exactly his quality because same type of connection they used on most aluminium new cases... and you get few of this small plastic connectors to replace if after 20 years something happen to them.
Lian Li is case for 10 years and even than is like new only hardware change and you need different orientation.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	11-112-573-V04.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	226060  

Name:	11-112-573-V03.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	226062  

Name:	11-112-573-V06.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	226064  

Name:	11-112-573-V05.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	226066  

Last edited by Vlada011; 10-22-2018 at 03:37 AM.

Tags
custom loop , haf x , help me , opinions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in