Barrowch FBFT03 Flow Meter vs Unbranded FBFT03 Flow Meter - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Barrowch FBFT03 Flow Meter vs Unbranded FBFT03 Flow Meter

Old 10-30-2018, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1
Barrowch FBFT03 Flow Meter vs Unbranded FBFT03 Flow Meter

Hi everyone,

Recently I have come across the Barrowch OLED flow meter which I think looks fantastic, however when searching for one online there weren't a lot of places that sell it, it will cost me $100+ to buy one and ship here from the US or from Aliexpress.. (I live in Australia)

However in my searching, a product that looks identical to the barrowch unit with the exact same part number (FBFT03) comes up on ebay, with the only difference being the barrowch logo missing from the face plate. This option is $64 posted, far more reasonable. Here are the links to the Barrowch product page and the listings I found on ebay:

http://www.barrowch.com/product/product-2-537.html

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FBFT03-G...torefresh=true

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-54-OLE...mdFd:rk:7:pf:0

My question is, does anyone know if these are indeed the same product? It would certainly be possible that barrowch are buying those unbranded models and printing their name on the face plate since they are both Chinese and everything else looks identical including the part number and where it's printed. However if these are actually an inferior product to the barrowch version I will probably steer clear of them. I'm hoping someone here might know.

The reason I am looking at getting one of these is that my bitspower flow indicator unfortunately makes a rattling sound at high pump speeds so I'm considering changing it.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can provide some advice on the matter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180309155456_10758.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	228274  

System Specs: Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC (2050-2063Mhz) - G. Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz 32GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2018, 09:28 AM
Da Boss

Rep: 140
I can't answer if they are the same, but I would stick with Barrowch to be honest. I'm going to assume that Barrow tests their products before putting the stamp on it. Just like the korean monitors, it might be a gamble if you go with the unbranded. If it's a few dollars more for the Barrowch, spend the money.

Kylo RED
(16 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 1600X 6c/12t
Motherboard
MSI B350 Tomahawk
GPU
PNY GTX 980 Reference
RAM
Gskill Ripjaws 2x8GB DDR4 2800mhz
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 pro 128GB
Hard Drive
Seagate 3TB HDD
Power Supply
SeaSonic X Series 760w 80plus Gold
Cooling
Custom Water Cooled Loop [Apogee XL, D5 Pump, Enermax Neochanger, 3/8 x 5/8 Red Tubing, Silver Fittings]
Cooling
Deepcool RF RGB 120MM Fans x6
Case
Fractal Design Define S
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
27" Qnix QX2710 Evolution II 2560x1440
Keyboard
Corsair K70 MX Red
Mouse
Corsair MM200 XL
Mouse
Corsair Glaive
Audio
Plantronics RIG 500HD 7.1 SURROUND
▲ hide details ▲
Old 10-31-2018, 10:58 AM
roaming in his fishtank

Rep: 9
If i remember correctly, barrowch is the name of barrow for international market, and you can found their product on aliexpress and other chinese seller on their former name (barrow)and without any branding at all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2018, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by NexusRed View Post
I can't answer if they are the same, but I would stick with Barrowch to be honest. I'm going to assume that Barrow tests their products before putting the stamp on it. Just like the korean monitors, it might be a gamble if you go with the unbranded. If it's a few dollars more for the Barrowch, spend the money.
Thanks for the recommendation, I will definitely steer clear of the unbranded version if I can confirm it's a knock off but I don't feel ready to spend almost double the price just yet as I don't have enough info, $100+ is a lot for a Chinese flow indicator.

Quote: Originally Posted by poisson21 View Post
If i remember correctly, barrowch is the name of barrow for international market, and you can found their product on aliexpress and other chinese seller on their former name (barrow)and without any branding at all.
Interesting, I'll try search ali express for the unbranded version and see what comes up and how much it costs. I did get the impression that barrowch likely bought those and resold them, I mean the unbranded one is $60 while the barrowch one was over $100 on ali express and ebay which seems like an appropriate resale profit margin.

System Specs: Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC (2050-2063Mhz) - G. Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz 32GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD
Old 10-31-2018, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Just had a look through Ali Express and couldn't find the unbranded version, only the barrow ones. All of them cost over $100 once GST is factored in and seem to have a shipping time of around 60 days.. Bugger..

Going to have to do some digging elsewhere and see what I can find.

Old 10-31-2018, 07:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Oddly enough, Barrow seems to have garnered a name for itself in here for being a quality product and yet it is a Chinese knock-off. I would bet they are both the same. I'm an Aussie too and you and I both see Chinese products on eBay all the time with different brand names that are exactly the same product.

Case: Corsair 900D. CPU: [email protected] MB: Asus Rog Max XI Formula. RAM: Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz. GPU: GTX 1070 EVGA FTW 2. SSD: 2X Sam 960 Evo 500gb, 2x Sam 850pro 256gb, Sandisk Ultra 11 960Gb. PSU: Corsair RM 1000i.
Watercooling: EK CE 420/45mm (Push/pull.) Alphacool UT60 420/60mm (push only.) Res: EK X4 250 (R2.0.) Blocks: Cuplex Kryos Next w/Vision. EK Full cover GPU block, EK/ ASUS Crosschill 3. Pump: EK D5.
Aquaero 6 Pro.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Rarestbreed View Post
Oddly enough, Barrow seems to have garnered a name for itself in here for being a quality product and yet it is a Chinese knock-off. I would bet they are both the same. I'm an Aussie too and you and I both see Chinese products on eBay all the time with different brand names that are exactly the same product.
Hey mate! Thanks for chiming in again.

Yeah I have noticed Barrow are certainly making a name for themselves as of late, with guys like GGF events on YouTube using their products in expensive custom show builds.

Interestingly some of the listings on ebay have a mixture of pictures of the unbranded version and the Barrowch branded version on their page, I wonder if I bought one and it turned out to be crap if I could make a claim that I did not receive the item pictured (since they showed the barrowch item in their images). I guess if it's faulty or dodgy I could also make the claim that the item doesn't work as advertised, so maybe it wouldn't be so risky to buy the unbranded one thanks to ebay buyer protection, I have ebay plus as well so that might make refunds easier if it comes to it.

But yeah, at this point I still am leaning towards them being the exact same product as you said.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

How ya goin' Zammin. You could try but check down the bottom of their page for the disclaimers first. But as I said, I doubt they're different. I see it all the time on eBay, same thing, different brand name. I've got 2 22v vacuum cleaners I bought 12 mths apart that apart from the colour are identical in every single way. Battery, filters, charger, etc. The only difference is the brand. Bought both from separate (supposed) Aussie companies. I had a look at the links you shared and I am in no doubt this is the same thing.

Case: Corsair 900D. CPU: [email protected] MB: Asus Rog Max XI Formula. RAM: Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz. GPU: GTX 1070 EVGA FTW 2. SSD: 2X Sam 960 Evo 500gb, 2x Sam 850pro 256gb, Sandisk Ultra 11 960Gb. PSU: Corsair RM 1000i.
Watercooling: EK CE 420/45mm (Push/pull.) Alphacool UT60 420/60mm (push only.) Res: EK X4 250 (R2.0.) Blocks: Cuplex Kryos Next w/Vision. EK Full cover GPU block, EK/ ASUS Crosschill 3. Pump: EK D5.
Aquaero 6 Pro.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Rarestbreed View Post
How ya goin' Zammin. You could try but check down the bottom of their page for the disclaimers first. But as I said, I doubt they're different. I see it all the time on eBay, same thing, different brand name. I've got 2 22v vacuum cleaners I bought 12 mths apart that apart from the colour are identical in every single way. Battery, filters, charger, etc. The only difference is the brand. Bought both from separate (supposed) Aussie companies. I had a look at the links you shared and I am in no doubt this is the same thing.
This is the one that shows the Barrowch brand in the first pic, also claim to have AU stock but I know that's a complete lie haha. So many chinese sellers on ebay claim to be posting from AU to get you to buy from them. Luckily with the 5% off code this one ends up the same price as the others.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/G1-4-1-5..._B9w:rk:5:pf:0

I thought their terms of sales/return policy was pretty funny:

Terms Of Sales

This is the description of Returns Policy.

Do not dismiss your dream.

To be without dream is to be without hope.

To be without hope is to be without purpose.

Do not run through your life so fast that you forget not only where you have been, but also where you are

going.

Life is not race, but a journey to be savored each step of the way.

What an inspirational quote

Old 10-31-2018, 10:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Zammin View Post
This is the one that shows the Barrowch brand in the first pic, also claim to have AU stock but I know that's a complete lie haha. So many chinese sellers on ebay claim to be posting from AU to get you to buy from them. Luckily with the 5% off code this one ends up the same price as the others.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/G1-4-1-5..._B9w:rk:5:pf:0

I thought their terms of sales/return policy was pretty funny:

Terms Of Sales

This is the description of Returns Policy.

Do not dismiss your dream.

To be without dream is to be without hope.

To be without hope is to be without purpose.

Do not run through your life so fast that you forget not only where you have been, but also where you are

going.

Life is not race, but a journey to be savored each step of the way.

What an inspirational quote
Lmao. ???????? At least they have a sense of humour. I'd buy it from them for that reason alone.???? ????

Aquaero 6 Pro.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in