Yes.. another thread about someone’s in-progres loop - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Yes.. another thread about someone’s in-progres loop

post #11 of 235 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 08:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post
Right, so here we go. I just need to tighten those 3 10mm fittings in the middle front. They’re not fully tightened bc I don’t need it to be and I’ll be removing the rad a few more times while this project is ongoing. What you see there in the front is: 10mm Male-Female (M-F), 10mm M-M, 10mm M-F. So i would replace all of these with a single 30mm M-M connection, like the extendable fitting that can go from 25 to 34mm (THDJ25-V1). However I don’t think that fitting looks as nice because of the smaller diameter on part of it

https://modmymods.com/barrow-g1-4-25...v1-silver.html
Nice work! Very similar to what I have going atm. When I fit my HW labs radiator in the second chamber and move the XE forward I'll have to do something a bit more like what you have here. Hopefully I have enough fittings lol.

Have you used those adjuster fittings before? Are they reliable? They look really handy but I'd be slightly worried about the chance of it popping out under pressure. Dunno how much of a risk that really is though since I've never heard of them until recently.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06973.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	3.08 MB
ID:	236362  

System Specs: Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC (2050-2063Mhz) - G. Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz 32GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD

Last edited by Zammin; 12-05-2018 at 08:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 235 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 12:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hey @michaelrw and @Zammin

I have been following this thread since I am also building a water cooling system on a Lian Li PC-011D and I wanted to compare my system to yours.

The water cooling parts I bought but not yet received:

EK-Supremacy EVO RGB - Nickel
EK-CoolStream PE 360
EK-FC GeForce GTX FE RGB - Nickel
EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM WITH EK-RES X3 - TUBE 250 AND EK-RES X3 - Multiport TOP Upgrade

I didn't buy my fittings yet neither the tubes which will be PETG 16mm since I am not sure of my loop.

As you can see I bought 1 x EK-PE360 but I was thinking to buy another radiator and add XE360.
The PE-360 will go on the side, on the PSU side with the fans attached to it in the inside same as you guys
And then the XE on top same as you. But I see that XE360 is super thick (60mm) and it makes it hard for water cooling in this case and it will not look nice from outside trough the glass.

From your experience, do you recommend me to go for another PE instead of the XE?

Last question, how you guys calculate the quantity of fittings needed lol. I am going with Bitspower and each piece counts $$$ ! I don't want to get extras pieces, maybe 1-2 max lol. A 16mm 90 degree fitting is like $15.
post #13 of 235 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 01:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by MaratRussian View Post
barrow fittings have 2 o-rings in the package. one of them goes between the fitting and the compression ring. the other one is a spare, a have a bag full of them))) however they do come handy if you damage any of 3 o-rings. I never had problems with barrow and I rebuilt my rig twice.
you can also place a third slim rad at the bottom of the case if you need more rad space (ultra quiet rig)
and even have a vertically mounted GPU with minor mods to the case. (does not require cutting the case like I did. only 2 holles to secure the GPU)
https://www.overclock.net/forum/atta...1&d=1543947946
It is so hard to find that vertical riser kit! I have been looking for a week and I can't find anyone who has it in stock. The one that are in stock are like $170ish when it is retail real price is like $50-60
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 235 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 02:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by gotic View Post
Hey @michaelrw and @Zammin

I have been following this thread since I am also building a water cooling system on a Lian Li PC-011D and I wanted to compare my system to yours.

The water cooling parts I bought but not yet received:

EK-Supremacy EVO RGB - Nickel
EK-CoolStream PE 360
EK-FC GeForce GTX FE RGB - Nickel
EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM WITH EK-RES X3 - TUBE 250 AND EK-RES X3 - Multiport TOP Upgrade

I didn't buy my fittings yet neither the tubes which will be PETG 16mm since I am not sure of my loop.

As you can see I bought 1 x EK-PE360 but I was thinking to buy another radiator and add XE360.
The PE-360 will go on the side, on the PSU side with the fans attached to it in the inside same as you guys
And then the XE on top same as you. But I see that XE360 is super thick (60mm) and it makes it hard for water cooling in this case and it will not look nice from outside trough the glass.

From your experience, do you recommend me to go for another PE instead of the XE?

Last question, how you guys calculate the quantity of fittings needed lol. I am going with Bitspower and each piece counts $$$ ! I don't want to get extras pieces, maybe 1-2 max lol. A 16mm 90 degree fitting is like $15.
The PE360 will not fit in the second chamber (PSU side) as it is too wide. I made the same mistake, bought the radiator when the case first came out only to find out it didn't fit. It will foul on the back side of the front I/O ports unless you cut a section out of the radiator's side panel.

The XE is a great fit for the top of the case, the largest radiator I know of that will fit there with 25mm fans and a chart topping performer at 1000RPM+. Here are a few options for radiators that will fit vertically in the second chamber without modification:

- XSPC EX360
- XSPC TX360
- EK SE 360
- Hardware Labs 360 LS
- Bitspower Leviathan 360 Slim
- Thermaltake C360 Slim

It's worth noting that the HW Labs 360LS and the BP Leviathan are the exact same product, so it doesn't matter which one you buy out of the two. Also the EK SE 360 is probably the worst performing out of the options listed above. I think an Alphacool XT45 360 will fit but I cannot verify it, it's 125mm wide which is absolutely pushing the limit of what you can fit in there. A HW Labs 360 GTS will fit if you shave some plastic off the back of the front I/O USB ports, which is what I plan on doing.

Also, just a heads up about the reservoir. I am using the same pump.res combo right now with the tube 250 extended tube (203mm) fitted to it. With the XE radiator in the top I had to use the floor mount bracket and drill extra holes lower on the bracket to get the pump/res mounted as low as possible so I had a couple cm above the cap to open it and fill/top off the system. That is WITHOUT the multiport top you're considering getting. So if you get the XE radiator, you won't be able to use the multiport top unless you use a shorter tube.

As for fittings, I draw a draft of what I want my loop to look like, work out what fittings I need, then order an excessive amount including ones I probably wont need because if I don't I always end up needing more lol.

It is so hard to find that vertical riser kit! I have been looking for a week and I can't find anyone who has it in stock. The one that are in stock are like $170ish when it is retail real price is like $50-60
If the Lian Li kit is unavailable you can use the Cooler Master kit which also comes with a decent riser cable. That's what I have in my system right now because the Lian Li kit wasn't available when I first built my system earlier this year.

System Specs: Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC (2050-2063Mhz) - G. Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz 32GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD

Last edited by Zammin; 12-06-2018 at 02:28 AM.
post #15 of 235 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 02:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 16)
There needs to be a store where you just take your rig in, build the loop in the store, and then they charge you for the parts that you ended up using to build the loop. Everything else gets put back on the shelf.

"Executing execution.exe"
Bang for the buck
(12 items)
CPU
3570k @ 4.6Ghz @1.35v
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77x UD3H
GPU
evga GTX 970 SSC
RAM
16Gb Gskill Ripjaws 2133Mhz @ 9-11-10-28
Hard Drive
Samsung Evo 850
Power Supply
Silverstone 900 watt
Cooling
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
Case
Silverstone Raven (1st edition)
Operating System
Windows 10 Spy Delux
Monitor
Xstar 27" PLS 1440p
Keyboard
Wireless ergonomic
Mouse
Logisys Wireless trackball
▲ hide details ▲
post #16 of 235 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 02:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by PhotonFanatic View Post
There needs to be a store where you just take your rig in, build the loop in the store, and then they charge you for the parts that you ended up using to build the loop. Everything else gets put back on the shelf.
That would be insanely good and convenient lol, even just for building a normal PC. I would kill just to have a decent computer parts shop where I live, we only have one tiny little MSY that's run by stoned teenagers, never have anything in stock and have had a "broken phone" for years lmao. I wish we had places like Microcenter and Memory Express etc in Australia.

post #17 of 235 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 49 (Unique: 29)
Hey From your experience, do you recommend me to go for another PE instead of the XE?
I, like many others, bought the PE360. Then realized it wouldn't fit in rear chamber. But instead of using the PE in the top, I decided to use an XE bc I learned of its excellent performance and also learned that it will fit in the top (in push or pull) without hindering my VRM block. So I simply returned the PE360 and got the XE360 for top and ordered the HWLabs Nemesis LS360 slim rad for the side mount rear chamber. This slim rad is the best option for performance that actually fits in that location of the case (in my opinion, and I think others would probably agree; you cant find the bitspower version of this (same rad)in the US)
There is literally no way to know. I ordered a bunch from aliexpress a few months ago. Then I changed my mind about bending tubes and decided to use 90-deg dual link fittings for every bend instead. So I needed to order a bunch of those. I also needed more 90-deg G1/4 to 12mm compression-type fittings. Then realized about needing a bunch of different adapters. This is an order I placed yesterday with modmymods. I ended up getting an inline valve (which after seeing and holding it in person is a *really* nice fitting), a stop-plug temp probe, a Male-Female triple rotary snake adapter (even though I didn’t know if I would need it, and then a bought a complete assortment of extensions ranging from 5mm to 30mm (multiple of each). Because unless you have some high-precision way to measure your distances there is no way to know for sure. (although I was pretty precise with my measurements and I stuck to about 90% of my plan in the above post with all the adapters and extensions). But I have a ton of these extensions leftover. However the build is nowhere close to done yet so only time will tell how many extras ill end up having. Im lucky enough to live in the same city as modmymods (and frozencpu, but meh) so I can easily order and go pick up my items the same day. Although I feel bad asking them to return things because theyre a really small company right now and I want to try and support small businesses (PPCs needs some healthy competition). I may ask them for a store credit or to exchange for different fittings I need.

i finally found it on the Canadian Newegg and had a coworker who lives in Canada get it for me and bring it to work (i work in buffalo about 10 mins south of the Canada/US border. I had a hell of a time getting mine though.. it took me about a month, maybe longer.

Quote: Originally Posted by Zammin View Post
Nice work! Very similar to what I have going atm. When I fit my HW labs radiator in the second chamber and move the XE forward I'll have to do something a bit more like what you have here. Hopefully I have enough fittings lol.
My other thought is to replace the two 90-deg G1/4 adapters (blue underline) with 90-deg rotary compression fittings and the 3 10mm adapters in between them (red underline) with a single piece of acrylic tubing. So looking into the case from the front you would see ~30mm horizontal section of tubing, which I don’t think would look that bad really. But wanted to get everyone’s thoughts on that (see image below). What do you guys think?

Have you used those adjuster fittings before? Are they reliable? They look really handy but I'd be slightly worried about the chance of it popping out under pressure. Dunno how much of a risk that really is though since I've never heard of them until recently.
Ive never used them but I would definitely try them out if I could make peace with their physical appearance.. im just not a fan of the whole “large cylinder / small cylinder” thing. I may buy one today if I end up going back to MMM for some other fittings
post #18 of 235 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 08:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Here's a few shots of how I have my short section of tubing setup at this spot. Rads are HWL 360LS in the rear and EK XE360 in the top. The fittings used from the top front port of the HWL to the EK are (1) 25mm extension, (2) 90mm single rotaries, and (1) 14mm fitting before the 90 degree tube bend. This was about the first tube I ever bent and I cut it a little short, so don't mind the slightly odd angles. Also don't mind the scuff on the XE360... seems like I'm going to have to repaint the shroud.

Those of you asking about the D-plugs. I learned about them from a few Singularity Computers builds. They will work, but you have to be strategic about where you use them otherwise the two halves will separate and you'll have a mess. Ideally you only want to use these between two components that can be fixed in place but where normal fittings just won't work. It's a small use case, but they can be handy.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20181204_083728.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	236450  

Name:	IMG_20181204_083712.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	236454  

i9 7900x
(8 items)
i7 7700k
(8 items)
CPU
i9 7900x
Motherboard
Asus Rampage VI Extreme
GPU
EVGA 1080Ti SC2 2-Way SLI
RAM
Corsair Vengence RGB
Power Supply
Corsair AX1600i
Cooling
Custom Loop
Case
Lian-Li O11-Air/Dynamic
Other
Aquaero 6LT
CPU
i7 7700k
Motherboard
Asus Maximus IX Hero
GPU
EVGA 1080Ti SC Black
RAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum
Power Supply
EVGA 1000G3
Cooling
Custom Loop
Case
Phanteks P400S
Other
Aquaero 6LT
▲ hide details ▲
post #19 of 235 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 08:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by wheatpaste1999 View Post
Here's a few shots of how I have my short section of tubing setup at this spot. Rads are HWL 360LS in the rear and EK XE360 in the top. The fittings used from the top front port of the HWL to the EK are (1) 25mm extension, (2) 90mm single rotaries, and (1) 14mm fitting before the 90 degree tube bend. This was about the first tube I ever bent and I cut it a little short, so don't mind the slightly odd angles. Also don't mind the scuff on the XE360... seems like I'm going to have to repaint the shroud.
That looks very tidy. Well done. Do you have a build thread or something with more pics of your system?

post #20 of 235 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 08:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

That looks very tidy. Well done. Do you have a build thread or something with more pics of your system?
Thanks!

I don't have a build thread as my progress is painfully slow, but maybe I'll post a few in-progress pictures in the Lian-Li case thread.

i9 7900x
(8 items)
i7 7700k
(8 items)
CPU
i9 7900x
Motherboard
Asus Rampage VI Extreme
GPU
EVGA 1080Ti SC2 2-Way SLI
RAM
Corsair Vengence RGB
Power Supply
Corsair AX1600i
Cooling
Custom Loop
Case
Lian-Li O11-Air/Dynamic
Other
Aquaero 6LT
CPU
i7 7700k
Motherboard
Asus Maximus IX Hero
GPU
EVGA 1080Ti SC Black
RAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum
Power Supply
EVGA 1000G3
Cooling
Custom Loop
Case
Phanteks P400S
Other
Aquaero 6LT
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in