Yes.. another thread about someone’s in-progres loop - Page 23 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Yes.. another thread about someone’s in-progres loop

post #221 of 261 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 01:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post
hmm yeah.. ive been thinking about moving the pump/res bc im not entirely happy with the mounting.. its quite flimsy, as the bottom panel of the case is rather thin. I was goign to get the heatkiller mounting kit that secures it by the vertical rails of the res, and i could then use with the 120mm fan mount.. i was originally against this bc it blocks any view of the fans.. im still not sure, to be honest. however, the only place i can find it in stock is watercool shop, germany. they want to charge me 30 euro for shipping 22 euro of parts that only weigh probably 50 grams.

maybe i use the long stand and decoupling kit.. but man i just am not happy how that looks..

No matter, either way, I can rework the in out.. im gonna need to put in some more 90s which im not happy about. or buy a rotary snake, but ive always thought the snakes are ugly af. nothing is easy..
I have the fan mount kit and it looks really nice. I haven't drained my loop yet to add the reservoir, but I've mounted it on the outside of my front radiator just to see how good the dampening is. And it seems to be more quiet than my EK res/pump D5 combo. This was with a different D5 pump, so I will see what happens once I put the other D5 in it that's PWM controlled.
But I guess the rubber dampers are better and the extra weight of the reservoir should also help taming down vibrations.

As for the tubes, I'm not really a fan using fittings to make bends. They are good to use at the beginning or end of run, but in between the fittings, I like bend tubing a lot more. It's just 1 flowing piece then. And because the radius is smoother, it will have less impact on performance.

My Rig
(18 items)
CPU
Intel i7 8700k
Motherboard
Asus Hero X
GPU
MSI 1080TI Gaming X
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000C15
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Power Supply
Corsair RM850X
Cooling
EK Supremacy EVO
Cooling
Dual Hardware Labs Nemesis 360GTS with FD Venturi HP-12 PWM fans
Cooling
EK D5 PWM
Cooling
EK 1080 Strix waterblock + backplate
Case
Fractal Design Define R6
Operating System
Windows Pro 10
Monitor
Acer XB271HU 1440p 165hz IPS
Keyboard
Corsair K70
Mouse
Zowie FK-2
Mousepad
Steel Series QCK Heavy
Audio
Sennheiser HD598 + ModMic 4.0
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 261 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 01:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 6)
hmm yeah.. ive been thinking about moving the pump/res bc im not entirely happy with the mounting.. its quite flimsy, as the bottom panel of the case is rather thin. I was goign to get the heatkiller mounting kit that secures it by the vertical rails of the res, and i could then use with the 120mm fan mount.. i was originally against this bc it blocks any view of the fans.. im still not sure, to be honest. however, the only place i can find it in stock is watercool shop, germany. they want to charge me 30 euro for shipping 22 euro of parts that only weigh probably 50 grams.

maybe i use the long stand and decoupling kit.. but man i just am not happy how that looks..

No matter, either way, I can rework the in out.. im gonna need to put in some more 90s which im not happy about. or buy a rotary snake, but ive always thought the snakes are ugly af. nothing is easy..
Yeah man the shipping from Watercool is a killer.. It costs around $60 AUD to ship to Australia. Hefty as.

It can be very tricky trying to find the neatest way to route your tubes, I spent a pretty long time testing and measuring for my Fractal Define S2 build I completed just recently, in order to make sure all the bends would be right angles. I ended up having to spend another $100 in fittings on top of what I already purchased to make it work. Sadly things almost never go to plan and I find you always need more than you originally purchase.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1817.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	251610  

Primary System Specs: Lian Li PC-O11 DX - ROG Maximus XI Formula - Watercooled Intel 9900k (4.9Ghz) - Watercooled RTX 2080 Ti FE - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 32GB - Corsair RM1000i PSU - Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME SSD

Secondary System Specs: Fractal Design Define S2 - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 16GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD
post #223 of 261 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 50 (Unique: 30)
yes.. this will be my 10th+ order for something else.. Ive bought fittings about 5 times so far.. could be more, really. modmymods.com is in the city where i live, so it makes it easy to go pick up more parts in person.. assuming they have it in stock.. mostly they do but sometimes i have to wait for PPCs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #224 of 261 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 11:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
yes.. this will be my 10th+ order for something else.. Ive bought fittings about 5 times so far.. could be more, really. modmymods.com is in the city where i live, so it makes it easy to go pick up more parts in person.. assuming they have it in stock.. mostly they do but sometimes i have to wait for PPCs
Lucky you, it is a bit different than you have to order different parts from all around the world and wait a month on average for a part to arrive, or start being very creative to use that you have.
post #225 of 261 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

ok so if i keep the same line setup but change where the lines go at the in/out ports at the pump, it will reverse the flow of the system, pushing water through the proper in/out of each block. See Diagram!

However, i am a little curious about the flow sequence.. Pump > Long Vertical > Rad 1 - XE360 > Rad 2 - HWLabs Slim > VRM > EK Velocity CPU > EK Vector GPU > Flow Meter > Pump

probably doesnt matter much but i was trying to avoid sending water from the hot cpu to the gpu.. or having the gpu be last.. maybe its better this way, though
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	9900k 2080ti build - loop diagram.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	501.8 KB
ID:	251852  

post #226 of 261 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 02:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
ok so if i keep the same line setup but change where the lines go at the in/out ports at the pump, it will reverse the flow of the system, pushing water through the proper in/out of each block. See Diagram!

However, i am a little curious about the flow sequence.. Pump > Long Vertical > Rad 1 - XE360 > Rad 2 - HWLabs Slim > VRM > EK Velocity CPU > EK Vector GPU > Flow Meter > Pump

probably doesnt matter much but i was trying to avoid sending water from the hot cpu to the gpu.. or having the gpu be last.. maybe its better this way, though
Don't worry. The water will only warm up 0.3-0.6°C in the CPU block during gaming.

My Rig
(18 items)
CPU
Intel i7 8700k
Motherboard
Asus Hero X
GPU
MSI 1080TI Gaming X
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000C15
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Power Supply
Corsair RM850X
Cooling
EK Supremacy EVO
Cooling
Dual Hardware Labs Nemesis 360GTS with FD Venturi HP-12 PWM fans
Cooling
EK D5 PWM
Cooling
EK 1080 Strix waterblock + backplate
Case
Fractal Design Define R6
Operating System
Windows Pro 10
Monitor
Acer XB271HU 1440p 165hz IPS
Keyboard
Corsair K70
Mouse
Zowie FK-2
Mousepad
Steel Series QCK Heavy
Audio
Sennheiser HD598 + ModMic 4.0
▲ hide details ▲
post #227 of 261 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 04:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by MaratRussian View Post
Lucky you, it is a bit different than you have to order different parts from all around the world and wait a month on average for a part to arrive, or start being very creative to use that you have.
Same haha, I'm in Australia and hardly anything watercooling related is sold here. I've been ordering from all around the world too, that's why I'm only getting to start the project now after waiting around 4 months+.

Yep that looks good to me. As Broodrooster said it won't be an issue. The loop order doesn't really matter, the temp differences within the loop are so small you could run your components in any order and it would give you pretty much the same results. When I run my D5 pump at full speed while the system is under load the temp difference on the hot and cold side of the rads is usually 1 degree or less from memory.

Primary System Specs: Lian Li PC-O11 DX - ROG Maximus XI Formula - Watercooled Intel 9900k (4.9Ghz) - Watercooled RTX 2080 Ti FE - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 32GB - Corsair RM1000i PSU - Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVME SSD

Secondary System Specs: Fractal Design Define S2 - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16 16GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD
post #228 of 261 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

yeah im just lazy.. modmymods is funny though..
1. they run out of stuff all the time and it takes a month or more for them to get it back in stock
2. even though we are in the same city, per se, it sill takes about over an hour of driving to make a trip.. then, when i get there, I end up talking to them for another hour or so.. and then by the time i get home, my night is almost over and i have to go to sleep for work the next day. they arent open on weekends, when i have more free time
3. in case you didnt know, modmymods is a company that was started by disgruntled employees of FrozenCPU.com .. theyre great guys though.. its just that, theyre still a young company.. that has some limitations in terms of stock, offerings, product lines, etc.
4. Since they are in my same state (New York), I have to pay tax on the items. If I order from online other places, PPCs for example, I do not pay tax

I know, kit's not like you guys who live in places with such limited options.. but.. Im in the US, and compared to what is typical, it's not the best. Its nice theyre local so if all else fails I *can* drive there during the week.. but im still gonna complain about it lol (damm spoiled americans )
post #229 of 261 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

If I did a double 90 on each, the bottom one would be too low and obstruct the OLED screen of the pump (picture 1)
If I use an extension on the left port to come straight out, then put a 90, I can go around the other line (picture 2). However, I’m not a fan of the line going from GPU to pump, as it blocks the “RTX 2080 Ti” text on the Vector block. It’s not the end of the world but I’m a perfectionist so will need to find a different solution. I’ll update as I do.

Side note: been thinking of starting a build log in a different subforum. If I do I’ll let you know.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BF9F780F-02A5-4746-8B15-8BB16041A83E_1549760324421.jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	252556  

post #230 of 261 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

So I added a 3way on the outlet of the second rad (side) and will use the 3rd port for a temp probe (see photo). This is nice because the wire for the probe can be easily threaded through the grommet and into the rear chamber.

In other news, I decided to move the position of the flow meter.. moving it to the horizontal line between the VRM inlet and side rad outlet (after the 3way; see photo). Instead of using fittings/extensions for this I’m gonna try to use as much actual tubing as possible. But I’m the photo you can get an idea of where it will be. It’s basically gonna be centered on the 4 DRAM sticks. Only thing is, since the flow meter has a temp probe, the one I put in at the 3way right before it is sort of redundant now. We’ll see. I just felt like having he flow meter at the bottom, between the GPU and pump/res was too cluttered .. I didn’t want it to obstruct the “RTX 2080 Ti” writing, obstruct my sleeved pcie cables, etc.
So.. idk... this is where I’m at. I’m getting close.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	79531E59-FF00-4E10-8DD9-6836E185E298_1549845232475.jpeg
Views:	6
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	252796  

Name:	8858D425-DE26-40EB-898F-9C91AE1CAF0E_1549845267093.jpeg
Views:	6
Size:	911.6 KB
ID:	252798  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in