Yes.. another thread about someone’s in-progres loop - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Yes.. another thread about someone’s in-progres loop

post #21 of 235 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 08:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 11)
It's unclear to me why you're using so many fittings. A straight tube in between 90 degree fittings looks better, is cheaper and easier to deal with.

DCS4VR
(22 items)
CPU
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus IX Code
GPU
EVGA 2080Ti XC Gaming
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB @ 3200
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Power Supply
Corsair RM750i
Cooling
Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 360MP
Cooling
EK-D5 G2 Pump
Cooling
Cuplex KRYOS Next VISION CPU waterblock
Cooling
EK-Vector RTX RGB waterblock + backplate
Cooling
Monsoon MMRS 250mm custom reservoir
Cooling
Monsoon Hardline PETG Tubing 1/2", 5/8"
Case
Thermaltake Core P5
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Dell U3415W
Mouse
Logitech G900
Audio
BOSE QC35
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster Z PCI-E
Other
HTC VIVE Pro
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 235 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 49 (Unique: 29)
Quote: Originally Posted by GraphicsWhore View Post
It's unclear to me why you're using so many fittings. A straight tube in between 90 degree fittings looks better, is cheaper and easier to deal with.
I already mentioned the straight tube in a previous post, so yeah, it crossed my mind. Why so many fittings? If youre referring to the section where I have 3 10mm in succession, it's bc you work with what you have. if i had a 30mm male to male i would have used it instead. Or if i had any other combination of fittings/extensions that could bridge that final gap, i would have done it. if you read all the posts i made (and wheatpaste, who recommended this method) you'd see the logic behind the decisions i made along the way, with photos of each step. The reason i decided to do that final cross with fittings is bc i had already done the whole run with fittings to that point, so i figured what the heck may as well try to just do the whole thing that way. Cheaper isn't really a consideration because a) i cant really return what i dont use and b) i dont really care about cost of these fittings because when you spend 1200 on a gpu and 580 on a cpu, the fittings are super cheap. But even if you replace that with a piece of tubing, all youre saving is $5 on one fitting. Lets say I use a piece of tubing (which I still may do), you're still using 6 fittings instead of the 7 you would otherwise use (im using 9 in total bc i had to use 3 10mm sections in place of a single 30mm).

But, as I noted in a previous post, I still havent decided on which method Im going to use.
post #23 of 235 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 01:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 11)
Quote: Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post
I already mentioned the straight tube in a previous post, so yeah, it crossed my mind. Why so many fittings? If youre referring to the section where I have 3 10mm in succession, it's bc you work with what you have. if i had a 30mm male to male i would have used it instead. Or if i had any other combination of fittings/extensions that could bridge that final gap, i would have done it. if you read all the posts i made (and wheatpaste, who recommended this method) you'd see the logic behind the decisions i made along the way, with photos of each step. The reason i decided to do that final cross with fittings is bc i had already done the whole run with fittings to that point, so i figured what the heck may as well try to just do the whole thing that way. Cheaper isn't really a consideration because a) i cant really return what i dont use and b) i dont really care about cost of these fittings because when you spend 1200 on a gpu and 580 on a cpu, the fittings are super cheap. But even if you replace that with a piece of tubing, all youre saving is $5 on one fitting. Lets say I use a piece of tubing (which I still may do), you're still using 6 fittings instead of the 7 you would otherwise use (im using 9 in total bc i had to use 3 10mm sections in place of a single 30mm).

But, as I noted in a previous post, I still havent decided on which method Im going to use.
Gotcha. Well either way, best of luck.

DCS4VR
(22 items)
CPU
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus IX Code
GPU
EVGA 2080Ti XC Gaming
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB @ 3200
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Power Supply
Corsair RM750i
Cooling
Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 360MP
Cooling
EK-D5 G2 Pump
Cooling
Cuplex KRYOS Next VISION CPU waterblock
Cooling
EK-Vector RTX RGB waterblock + backplate
Cooling
Monsoon MMRS 250mm custom reservoir
Cooling
Monsoon Hardline PETG Tubing 1/2", 5/8"
Case
Thermaltake Core P5
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Dell U3415W
Mouse
Logitech G900
Audio
BOSE QC35
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster Z PCI-E
Other
HTC VIVE Pro
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 235 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 02:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Zammin View Post
The PE360 will not fit in the second chamber (PSU side) as it is too wide. I made the same mistake, bought the radiator when the case first came out only to find out it didn't fit. It will foul on the back side of the front I/O ports unless you cut a section out of the radiator's side panel.
Wow this makes me extremely sad. I have already purchased the radiator believing it will fit in the second chamber.
I even did a simulation lol cutting cartons and building the radiator with the diagram posted in EK website. I didn't draw the installation holes tho, just the inlet/outlet holes. Here are the pictures.
to be honest, I don't want to cut or modify anything on the case. I am scare to damage the case and make it worst. When you say it is too wide, you mean the installation holes don't fit in the case hole? When I did the carton piece, I felt it was a bit wide and it was touching the I/O front panel cables but I tough I could manage the installation of those cables. Worst case scenario, I can use this radiator (PE360) on top of the case instead and get another one for the second chamber.

The XE is a great fit for the top of the case, the largest radiator I know of that will fit there with 25mm fans and a chart topping performer at 1000RPM+. Here are a few options for radiators that will fit vertically in the second chamber without modification:

- XSPC EX360
- XSPC TX360
- EK SE 360
- Hardware Labs 360 LS
- Bitspower Leviathan 360 Slim
- Thermaltake C360 Slim

It's worth noting that the HW Labs 360LS and the BP Leviathan are the exact same product, so it doesn't matter which one you buy out of the two. Also the EK SE 360 is probably the worst performing out of the options listed above. I think an Alphacool XT45 360 will fit but I cannot verify it, it's 125mm wide which is absolutely pushing the limit of what you can fit in there. A HW Labs 360 GTS will fit if you shave some plastic off the back of the front I/O USB ports, which is what I plan on doing.
I was thinking then to place the HW Labs 360 GTS, but really it also doesn't fit? Woah!! Man all the radiators I want can't fit, So Sad. We have 50mm thickness space and the radiator is just 29.6mm. Can you show me where exactly you need to shave the plastic?

Also, just a heads up about the reservoir. I am using the same pump.res combo right now with the tube 250 extended tube (203mm) fitted to it. With the XE radiator in the top I had to use the floor mount bracket and drill extra holes lower on the bracket to get the pump/res mounted as low as possible so I had a couple cm above the cap to open it and fill/top off the system. That is WITHOUT the multiport top you're considering getting. So if you get the XE radiator, you won't be able to use the multiport top unless you use a shorter tube.
This is first time I custom water cooling and my god it is complicated lol. Even purchasing everything, I made sure of measurement and all on the case and still there is little things here and there. Crazy!
If I use the PE360 on top of the case, I think then I will be find using the multi port heard.
I did purchase also the bracket to mount the pump of the bottom of the case. I can drill holes on the bracket if needed.

As for fittings, I draw a draft of what I want my loop to look like, work out what fittings I need, then order an excessive amount including ones I probably wont need because if I don't I always end up needing more lol.
That is what I have been trying to do since the beginning but with all these complications I feel it is not that simple lol.
I will try my best to count and worst case scenario, I will order more latter if needed.

If the Lian Li kit is unavailable you can use the Cooler Master kit which also comes with a decent riser cable. That's what I have in my system right now because the Lian Li kit wasn't available when I first built my system earlier this year.
Oh, this is good tip. Does the Cooler Master kit also comes with the bracket for the back of the case or just the cable? If it is only the cable, how you did with the back part of the case?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FDAA38C4-4AA6-4F5B-9020-D5C12BC52478.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	236534  

Name:	355304F6-BD1F-4DE7-A6F0-20E624A58B22.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	236536  

Name:	ShrdcTRGQtOl8rA+f9%M0Q.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	236538  

post #25 of 235 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 02:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by PhotonFanatic View Post
There needs to be a store where you just take your rig in, build the loop in the store, and then they charge you for the parts that you ended up using to build the loop. Everything else gets put back on the shelf.
I live in Montreal Canada, there is no such thing lol. I wish.

Actually, in WHOLE canada, I only know one store that sell water cooling parts which is near Toronto and you need to order online. Dazmode.com.

Crazy right?
But most websites like PCS, EK all those ship to canada.
post #26 of 235 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 02:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

I, like many others, bought the PE360. Then realized it wouldn't fit in rear chamber. But instead of using the PE in the top, I decided to use an XE bc I learned of its excellent performance and also learned that it will fit in the top (in push or pull) without hindering my VRM block. So I simply returned the PE360 and got the XE360 for top and ordered the HWLabs Nemesis LS360 slim rad for the side mount rear chamber. This slim rad is the best option for performance that actually fits in that location of the case (in my opinion, and I think others would probably agree; you cant find the bitspower version of this (same rad)in the US)
I am not sure they will accept me to return the radiator. I ordered online but they didn't ship yet. Maybe I will give them a call and see if they can cancel that item from my order. They went on holidays from Dec3-Dec11. I need to wait till they come back.
Do you think that instead of the XE on the top, I could install a HW Labs 360 GTX which perform as good as the XE but it is less think (54mm vs 60mm). I feel that the XE is too bulky and doesn't look good from the outside haha.

There is literally no way to know. I ordered a bunch from aliexpress a few months ago. Then I changed my mind about bending tubes and decided to use 90-deg dual link fittings for every bend instead. So I needed to order a bunch of those. I also needed more 90-deg G1/4 to 12mm compression-type fittings. Then realized about needing a bunch of different adapters. This is an order I placed yesterday with modmymods. I ended up getting an inline valve (which after seeing and holding it in person is a *really* nice fitting), a stop-plug temp probe, a Male-Female triple rotary snake adapter (even though I didn’t know if I would need it, and then a bought a complete assortment of extensions ranging from 5mm to 30mm (multiple of each). Because unless you have some high-precision way to measure your distances there is no way to know for sure. (although I was pretty precise with my measurements and I stuck to about 90% of my plan in the above post with all the adapters and extensions). But I have a ton of these extensions leftover. However the build is nowhere close to done yet so only time will tell how many extras ill end up having. Im lucky enough to live in the same city as modmymods (and frozencpu, but meh) so I can easily order and go pick up my items the same day. Although I feel bad asking them to return things because theyre a really small company right now and I want to try and support small businesses (PPCs needs some healthy competition). I may ask them for a store credit or to exchange for different fittings I need.
If I order that in Bitspower, it will go about 3 times more lol. I started to add up everything and I came up to around $200ish near the 300. I have also a Mini Ball valve which will be on my draining port. It is awesometo always have a drain port for easy cleaning and maintenance.

i finally found it on the Canadian Newegg and had a coworker who lives in Canada get it for me and bring it to work (i work in buffalo about 10 mins south of the Canada/US border. I had a hell of a time getting mine though.. it took me about a month, maybe longer.
I have been monitoring Newegg, Amazon, Ebay every day. Lets hope I can get my Hans on one. If not, I will just pay 100$ish for one. No Choice.
post #27 of 235 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 03:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by gotic View Post
I am not sure they will accept me to return the radiator. I ordered online but they didn't ship yet. Maybe I will give them a call and see if they can cancel that item from my order. They went on holidays from Dec3-Dec11. I need to wait till they come back.
Do you think that instead of the XE on the top, I could install a HW Labs 360 GTX which perform as good as the XE but it is less think (54mm vs 60mm). I feel that the XE is too bulky and doesn't look good from the outside haha.
The GTX would be my choice. It performs (a lot) better at lower fan speeds than the XE. A high RPM, they perform the same.

My Rig
(18 items)
CPU
Intel i7 8700k
Motherboard
Asus Hero X
GPU
MSI 1080TI Gaming X
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000C15
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Power Supply
Corsair RM850X
Cooling
EK Supremacy EVO
Cooling
Dual Hardware Labs Nemesis 360GTS with FD Venturi HP-12 PWM fans
Cooling
EK D5 PWM
Cooling
EK 1080 Strix waterblock + backplate
Case
Fractal Design Define R6
Operating System
Windows Pro 10
Monitor
Acer XB271HU 1440p 165hz IPS
Keyboard
Corsair K70
Mouse
Zowie FK-2
Mousepad
Steel Series QCK Heavy
Audio
Sennheiser HD598 + ModMic 4.0
▲ hide details ▲
post #28 of 235 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Extreme Rigs reviewed the 360 GTX, stating
Quote: Originally Posted by xtremerigs
"The Hardware Labs Black Ice GTX is an excellent thermal performer with high fan speeds – particularly when run with a Push/Pull fan assembly. This is what it is designed for. Low pressure/speed fans just won’t get the performance out of the Black Ice GTX radiator. If you want extreme performance and can deal with the associated fan noise and regular cleaning then the GTX is for you, there is nothing better! If you desire a quite rig with low fan speeds, then it’s best to look elsewhere, as this is not the GTX’s strong point."
Not sure if this is inaccurate or what the deal is. This rad says it is 54mm thick, which is just 6mm shy of the EK XE360 which is 60mm. The EK shroud I think looks better. Also, the 360GTX is out of stock everywhere, at least on the US sites
post #29 of 235 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

If I order that in Bitspower, it will go about 3 times more lol. I started to add up everything and I came up to around $200ish near the 300. I have also a Mini Ball valve which will be on my draining port. It is awesometo always have a drain port for easy cleaning and maintenance.

I have been monitoring Newegg, Amazon, Ebay every day. Lets hope I can get my Hans on one. If not, I will just pay 100$ish for one. No Choice.
Who did you order the PE360 from? they must accept returns. Or call them and tell them you need to cancel the order because you ordered the wrong item and need to get a different radiator. Ive never had a retailer tell me that they wont accept any returns, especially if the item is unopened. If you cannot get the order cancelled, make sure you send it back to them exactly how you received it.

About the thickness.. 6mm is really little. But if you want to see what the XE looks like, there are lots of photos of it mounted in the PC-O11-D. Im pretty sure I have one on the first page of this thread.. if not, check the past page or two in the LianLi thread. When i found out that the PE360 would not fit, I was going to put it in the top. Then after talking to a few people here, I decided that maximizing my radiator performance was most important, given the hardware I have to cool and also may add another GPU at some point. So I went with the XE because a) it has such good reviews (rightfully so) and b) the shroud on the EK rads is sexy af, imo. Then I had to purchase a HWlabs L-Series Stealth 360 (LS360) to go in the side (rear chamber). I just returned the PE360 a few days ago

About the vertical mount.. I saw someone was able to get one by purchasing directly from Lian Li. You may be able to call them (they are in Asia) and get someone on the phone who can speak English (or French, maybe.. but unlikely), and see if they can help you. But yeah it may be easier just to pay extra for it. Where do you see it listed for $100?
post #30 of 235 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 07:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Wow this makes me extremely sad. I have already purchased the radiator believing it will fit in the second chamber.
I even did a simulation lol cutting cartons and building the radiator with the diagram posted in EK website. I didn't draw the installation holes tho, just the inlet/outlet holes. Here are the pictures.
to be honest, I don't want to cut or modify anything on the case. I am scare to damage the case and make it worst. When you say it is too wide, you mean the installation holes don't fit in the case hole? When I did the carton piece, I felt it was a bit wide and it was touching the I/O front panel cables but I tough I could manage the installation of those cables. Worst case scenario, I can use this radiator (PE360) on top of the case instead and get another one for the second chamber.
In your pics it looks like you are test fitting it in the main chamber, not the second chamber which is the PSU side. The issue is the width of the radiator, it's around 130mm wide and 40mm thick. When you try to fit it in the second chamber you will see that the front I/O will prevent you from lining it up with the mounting holes of the case. To my knowledge the max width for a radiator to fit there without modification is 125mm, but to be honest even that would be a very, very tight fit looking at how close my current XSPC EX360 is the the I/O, and it's only 121mm wide.

I was thinking then to place the HW Labs 360 GTS, but really it also doesn't fit? Woah!! Man all the radiators I want can't fit, So Sad. We have 50mm thickness space and the radiator is just 29.6mm. Can you show me where exactly you need to shave the plastic?
I've attached a picture showing the modification done by someone else who fit their 360 GTS in the same spot. The GTS is 133mm wide but only around 30mm thick and has curved edges, so you can get away with this modification.

This is first time I custom water cooling and my god it is complicated lol. Even purchasing everything, I made sure of measurement and all on the case and still there is little things here and there. Crazy!
If I use the PE360 on top of the case, I think then I will be find using the multi port heard.
I did purchase also the bracket to mount the pump of the bottom of the case. I can drill holes on the bracket if needed.
Yeah you will probably be okay with the multiport top if you use the PE 360 in the top.

Oh, this is good tip. Does the Cooler Master kit also comes with the bracket for the back of the case or just the cable? If it is only the cable, how you did with the back part of the case?
Look up the cooler master vertical GPU mount kit, it comes with a mounting bracket and a cable.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B5AD0BDE-85C2-432F-9010-6EC7B3160D09.thumb.jpeg.602c104c066b3541544ef7c5827faebb.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	236638  

System Specs: Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC (2050-2063Mhz) - G. Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz 32GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in